Originally Posted by LH19
Look Andrew my EXW did the same thing as your but her OM dumped her. I don't ponder why she did it. I have moved on . You should do the same. We are here to help you move forward.

In the absence of any clear feedback from the WAS, (which is the case for pretty much anybody with an MLC WAS) how will we know that we've found the right 'failure' to work on avoiding next relationship? You say it doesn't matter because the WAS is an 'ex'. Why doesn't it matter? If you're saying it's at least partially the LBS' fault the WAS doesn't want to be there, how is the LBS to make sense of the WAS' departure without a bit of a ponder?

If you're as analytical as Andrew, an LBS would then go on to try and verify that any self-diagnosed failures are indeed root causes. Without clear feedback it's easy to pick potential root cause failures that perhaps weren't problematic. That might take a bit more pondering. Some people ponder a bit longer than others in the hope of a truer, more correct outcome.

I'm going to assume, LH, that you yourself actually did ponder where you went wrong in your relationship. How do you know though, if you were right? It probably goes without saying if you didn't ponder where you went wrong, you probably shouldn't be congratulating yourself for moving on. That's not moving on - that's just running away.