So...it happened. I turned 40 over the weekend. Yikes! I don't feel old, but there was certainly a time in my life when I did consider this age old ;-) LOL

Some of you may remember I was cooped up last year in my house COVID-quarantining with the kids for my 39th. We celebrated with a small cake, candles, and ice cream delivered to our front door via InstaCart. That was actually kind of nice in a way, very intimate...though by the 17th day of having a then 5yo and 2yo within 20ft of me 24/7 I was getting a bit bunkers! Haha.

Anyway I said to myself I'd go all out this year for the BIG 4-0...throw a bash with all my friends and family or even fly to the Caribbean for a vacation, but with COVID uncertainty and honestly with life moving so fast those plans didn't come together.

Instead I took the kiddos on a weekend getaway out of state. We sat front row at Disney on Ice. D3 (in costume) was enthralled by Elsa, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Minnie Mouse; S6 couldn't get over Maui and actual the fire on the ice. We then stayed overnight at a huge indoor water park where D3 took seemingly endless runs on the kiddie water slides and S6 went round and round the lazy river, shot hoops in the pool, and couldn't get enough of winning tickets for junky prizes at the arcade. My sister and niece even traveled down for an evening visit before we left on the trip. Birthday weekend was a huge success. We made some great memories :-)

I never expected to be a divorced 40yo single dad, but I'm striving to make the most of it. Overall life is actually pretty good. Sure I'm working through my emotions surrounding my sitch, but when I look objectively so many aspects are going great. I'm blessed with two wonderful children, fortunate to have such supportive family, a solid crew of friends, good health, a strong career and finances...etc. Not too bad.