Hello friends!! Since it's almost Christmas, I thought I would try and update.

I am completely moved in to my house, all the rooms are completed, just waiting on dining chairs and a buffet (delivery scheduled for January).

I sat on my couch on my last day off, ordered a steak dinner and watched Despicable Me. lol. It was GLORIOUS!!!

The peace I felt was amazing. The feeling that I have made a home for myself, when 2 years ago I couldn't even picture a life without XH feels incredible.

D.
You were right, of course, S20 felt a strong reaction to XH FaceTime, but has since come to terms with it (again). I believe it's part of the journey. S20 said that they had a talk and XH wasn't happy about him living here primarily. I gently reminded him that other people's reactions/emotions are not our responsibility. We have had a full week of roommates again. It's been nice. He goes to XH and spends nights. Does not affect me emotionally at all, even when he mentions OW stayed the night. It's not my life anymore.

Bttrfly,

Thank you for the hugs and support. It helps so much to be relatable. Even or maybe especially in these times, when it seems like a parallel universe to the people we once knew. S20 has been talking a lot, which makes me happy. Distance and time have helped immensely on my end. I can hear about the OW without any ill feelings. I knew at some point that would happen. Knew it but couldn't truly believe it. But now, I just don't have emotion around what they do.

CW,

I've been trying to catch up on your sitch. I'm so happy you are sorting and clearing and getting it all done on the home/auto front. I do think that you put up with a lot of garbage that seems unnecessary in your dating life. But I think you will know your own limits when they are hit. My hope for you is that you accept nothing less from others that you would want for your friends.

I took every extra job I could for the past 4 months. I was able to purchase the furniture I wanted, but now I am taking days off. I will be working this weekend, Fri, Sat & Sunday (Friday is Christmas Eve). Last year I spent Christmas in my apartment, alone, watching movies and eating take-out. It wasn't as sad as it sounds, It was just another day for me. This year, I am going to my S24 & DIL's house in Tennessee. I'm driving up with S20 and grandsons. Will be an adventure!

Work is still mostly exciting and good, when it's not, it doesn't bring me down. About to begin nights again, and I did begin to struggle with that at the end of the last round of nights. Hoping at some point that we are able to stay on one or the other. I have an actual life on day shift. (although my life was mostly working lol).

Still not interested in dating. I had a guy flirt a little via text (he works at a different agency) I shifted the tone of the text and didn't think anything of it, and then about 2 hours later, his WIFE called and yelled at me!!!

I didn't flirt back. I didn't know he was married (didn't really care as all he is is a work-related person). I told the wife that while I understood that she was upset, it was between her and her husband. I asked her if she actually read what I texted and she stated that it didn't matter, I had no right to text him. Ugh. She then threatened to have me fired (She actually did call my supervisor).

I blocked his number. My supervisor said if he or she contacts me in any way, he would deal with it swiftly, that they both had been told off.

It was kind of an eye-opener and reminder of how unbelievably peaceful my life is now that I'm not in the same house as a flirty unfaithful partner.

So....I'm just going to continue on my own path and try and be more careful about sharing my phone number, and be so very grateful that I don't have to deal with flirty texts between my own husband and various women.

Hope you all are having the most wonderful Christmas season every and feeling the joy of each new day! xoxo