I find it funny most women are attracted to other than nice people. I see it quite often..

Good question. I can't say I particularly went after "bad boys", but it is true that in my younger days, I passed up some super "nice guys". Was it that they weren't exciting enough? Or that confidence is attractive, and they were lacking in that? Or were the pheromones just not right with that particular person?

I am sometimes reminded of one guy who had a crush on me in medical school (before I met my ex-husband). He was a nice guy, kind, smart (since he was in medical school too), decent looking (but with a kind of square, midwestern look to him). Average height, fit enough. I felt no attraction to him other than as a friend. Was it pheromones? Or was I looking for someone more exciting?

Anyway - we are FB friends, he married a nice nurse he met in school. She's not too different from me - had long brown hair like mine, similar build and features - not in a creepy way, just a general type. They have been happily married all these years. He has stayed fit and looks really handsome now compared to other men in our age group. He's retired and takes lovely trips with his wife. That life that I THOUGHT I was going to have with my ex, I might have had with him?

I wonder, if he had been more confident and assertive, would I have been attracted to him? I have no idea. It's not like he was shy, he did ask me out, he did try to pursue me. But I friend zoned him.

Instead later I ended up dating the handsome rock guitarist in the hit local band who asked me out, much to my total surprise. (He was so hip and cool and I most definitely was not the cool girl at the time). That fizzled because he wasn't really pursuing me enough at the time (go figure!) and then I met my ex.

All of this is a little different than the Nice Guy Syndrome. But if you're a nice guy who tends to get friend zoned, I'd say check your confidence and assertiveness. If they're lacking, that might be an issue.