Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
Laughing-
You may well be right about the brain injury. Not only can it cause mood changes and depression, but up to 30% of traumatic brain injury patients develop deficiencies in one or more pituitary hormones. This has only recently been discovered so most doctors aren't looking for it. (Deficiencies can include loss of thyroid hormones, testosterone deficiency, adrenal hormone deficiencies, or growth hormone deficiency).

Since obviously YOU can't offer this info to him, I wonder if your son could present it to him? There was a good article about it in Scientific American Mind about a year ago.

I wonder if you could subpoena H's medical records if you get into a custody fight with him? Or request that he get a neuropsych evaluation?

Ellie

K
kml Offline
K
PS - thanks for reminding me about this. I admit, I had been dwelling a little lately on what a jerk my H has been for the last year, although he seems to have improved since the start of 2007. I keep forgetting that he had yet another mild concussion last spring (total of 3 or 4 in his 40's) and that may have been playing a role in his general poopiness.

Ellie

M
M
Hi Laughing

I've just had a quick skim through your thread here.

I don't read too much on this site anymore. I find it too depressing to be honest.

I'm the lucky one in the fact that I'm divorced and I have an injunction to protect me from my violent and abusive h.

I'm sorry that you've been having more trouble from your h. And as usual I have nothing to say/offer other than letting you know that I am thinking of you.

It was interesting reading that your children have to stay with your h. Mine don't. I don't think anything would make them. Now they are older they will stay over night on a special occassion like a birthday. But they like to leave early in the morning.

I don't know about this parent alienation stuff but surely your children are old enough to make up their own minds.

I laughed at kml's last post. Makes me feel very thankful that I'm single.

Take care Laughing. My thoughts are with you and your family. X

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Brue,

I haven't seen you around as often, I am glad to see you.

Thanks for the information about your experiences, it may be a part of the answer to what I am seeing from xh. I'm really looking for ways to get things to change. I'm not sure what direction I'm supposed to go, but the answer seems to need some sort of understanding coming from me. He's not going to change, so I need to learn what I need to change to make this better for the children and I. The more I understand, the easier to see the changes I need to make... So, I hope.

Take care of you, God Bless

Love,

Laughing

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you.........
B
OP Offline
B
Ellie,

It could be a portion of the equation before me. I'm just sure what I'm supposed to do with this piece of the puzzle, but I do know that I can't keep this crap up. Called and left a message with SRS, but haven't had a call back.

Called the police, have a case number that corresponds with the Thursday pick up, but they won't give me a copy of the report, that has to be subpoena'd (?sp) and this has me a bit worried, but time will tell. The good news, there's no parental kidnapping or any warrant out for me... so, I feel better.

In order to talk to the Sheriff, I have to call 911, and I just wasn't up to that today.... I just don't like dialing the numbers, but I'll be ready by tomorrow.

Talked to D's doctor, he does want me to bring her back later this week just to check her weight, she is eating better, so he wants to see if we see a change, now that she is relaxed.

D and I went out, had her hair cut and an eyebrow waxing... just a bit of a clean up. She was all smiles with the attention. Kept playing with her hair afterwards.... it doesn't take a whole lot to have a happy girlie.

Did hear from S, he, xh's wife, and her two girls played golf today, no, he hasn't seen the car yet, and there was no mention of his Father..... when he called, they were watching (another) movie. I guess that's just as well, we don't watch a lot of TV around here, why shouldn't he pick a movie (or five) while he's with his father. It seems they are always watching a movie when he/they are with him.

Oh, and for the best news... I passed the RCA... so, hopefully I'll be a rural mail carrier sub soon! I hope to hear something soon.

Have a wonderful evening. Take care, God Bless

Love,

Laughing

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Mojo!

Haven't seen you in a while, but, I am glad to hear all is well with you.

My kids had a choice, but it was just two weeks ago xh fought for forced visitation, and of course won. Now, of course there is supposed to be a mediation coming up, but I haven't been notified of a date. If an agreement can't be made, then another hearing, but I'm sure xh will have something to say about what went on this last visitation, so I'll probably be dragged into court again, and they may possibly decide then, or even may decide to give him the children. Who knows for sure now.

I guess you've dodged a bullet by going the way you went. From the sounds of it, you sound quite happy and content, and I am happy for you.

Love,

Laughing

D
D
Hi Laughing your quote:
'Did hear from S, he, xh's wife, and her two girls played golf today, no, he hasn't seen the car yet, and there was no mention of his Father..... when he called, they were watching (another) movie. I guess that's just as well, we don't watch a lot of TV around here, why shouldn't he pick a movie (or five) while he's with his father. It seems they are always watching a movie when he/they are with him.'

Liz(ExW) and Nic(om)watch a lot of movies, Liz and moi would maybe watch one a month. I believe it's a distraction from real life and helps them to stay in fantasy mode and to stop them thinking of the havoc they've caused.

Love

Delboy

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Delboy,

What you say could be very true. I'm just not much of a TV watcher, and the kids are generally too busy with their school work and social life. I just talked to S, he's in KMart waiting for xh's wife and her daughters to finish their shopping. It seems xh is now at work, as the same holds true for yesterday too. Funny, I recall his attorney saying he was working from home, and the children should be with him because he will be home and available to the kids all the time. So much for him spending time with S.

S says he likes the weather, loves watching all the great cars that drive by, knows which one he wants, found one that is not too expensive, and wants it quite bad. He also said the house is really, really nice, and so far, it's a nice place to visit, but it's not home. He says his father is after him to stay, and not return to KS. By the end of the week, I wonder if xh will have him convinced to stay. The other thing he told me was xh's wife's daughter refers to him as her brother, but I didn't get a chance to ask him how he felt about it, because he said he had to go, because "they" were walking towards him.

It's been raining here since midnight, as we have needed the moisture, but it seems we are now in a flood watch, and D and I can't get out, the mud is too heavy, the car not strong enough to pull itself out. Ahhh, I love the sound of the rain anyway.

Love,

Laughing

E
E
Laughing,

So sorry that you are going through all of this. Take good care.

B
OP Offline
B
Ever,

Awe, don't be sorry, there is good reason for me, and the things that are happening, to be here right now. Certainly, I've been happier, certainly, I've lived with a whole lot less stress, but had I been able to make better choices somewhere along the line, I'd be in a different place right now. There is a happier future out there somewhere for me, I just need to know which choice is going to lead me there. Hopefully, the answers will come soon, which will help me make a better choice this next time around.

The Social Worker from SRS says she is here to help me, she is coming out Thursday to talk..... maybe this is where I will find the piece of puzzle I am missing.

Take care of you too... God Bless

Love,

Laughing

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard