Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Quote:
I was reading Lillie's post and thought, Wow she's really upset...but couldn't seem to put myself in her place at all.

And your point would be?

H
H
Lillie,
Simmer down.

My point was that this type of thinking is foreign to a type 7. That is why I followed that sentence with vive la difference.

HP

S
S
It looks like they got rid of the "newest members" box.

Somebody up there is listening.

Hairdog

I'd still like to know what happened to the old posts.

Also where is the "who's online" box?

O
O
Larger font size
I don't know if anyone posted "how to's" about this but I just changed the dpi from 96 to 120 dpi and the text is easier to read.

In Windows XP, click [Start] then [control panel] then Appearance and Themes] then [display] click on the [settings] tab, then the [Advanced] tab, then the [General] tab, and on that file card you will see 96DPI, 120DPI, and Custom DPI. Click on [120DPI] and then click [Apply] to lock in the setting, then [OK] and re-boot.

If you have the "classic view" set-up of the Windows XP, the sequence looks different but is the same. Click on [Start] then [Control Panel] then [Display]>Display Settings, then [settings]tab [Advanced]at the bottom [General]top the [DPI section] click on the 120DPI, then[Apply] [OK] and re-boot.

Lou, my eyes thank you!

This will fix hairdog's problem, too, I think.

O
O
Now, someone tell me where the Avidar instructions are.

I went to my profile and inserted a web address but the picture didn't show up so far.

http://www.main.org/lsmafc/photos/30tudor-fredc2.jpg

O
O
Also where is the "who's online" box?
I thought you said who is getting any. Sorry, I will go back to sleep,

Just discovered another annoying feature of the new board. Can others confirm this? If I've got this wrong, tell me.

With the old board, when you were on the main index page and saw the different color that told you there were new posts in a thread, you clicked on that thread and you would be taking to the first new post FOR YOU. IOW you would be taken to the first new post since the last time you had that thread open.

With the new board, when you see the yellow folder that tells you there are new posts in a thread, you click on that thread and you will be taken to the LATEST POST in that thread, which may be many posts AFTER the last one you read the last time you had the thread open. So what you have to do is when you click into a thread with new posts and that thread opens, you need to scroll UP looking at the dates and times to find the newest one FOR YOU.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard