Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
BethM #867978 12/21/06 05:39 PM
K
K
Hey Barb
You sure have had a week!
So glad to hear Ryan is doing well! what a relief!
Now you can relax, kick up your feet, pour a glass of vino and enjoy the holiday
When are you seeing Josh?

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

K
K
oh btw, Barb
On Dust In The Winds thread over in MLC she said she would love to meet and join some fellow DBers when you come out, shes had a rough time of it lately, shes just now going thru the D, and its been hard, Shes a wonderful person.
Lives in La Jolla, so will be close!

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Hey Karen!

I booked my flight - we're on girl!!! Tell the Cali DBers - Barbie is coming!

Josh is coming down tommorrow and we'll celebrate then. We'll both spend Christmas Eve/Day with or families.

Barb

OP Offline
Ex had Ryan last night. Took him to his house without permission no doubt, but then ~hey~ he knows he's not supposed to and he likes to push my buttons.

Now, here's the weird part. He calls here only once a week as a rule - just to arrange his visit with Ash. He has been phoning here once or twice a day this week. Never leaves a message. I am unclear whether or not he has called the nurse's line (most likely) or mine. He will NOT tell us what he wants.

Today he called the nurse on Ryan's cel phone. Asked her where she was and what she was doing. (she happened to have him in Walmart to buy laundry soap). He told her he didn't think Ryan was himself last night. Asked her how he was today. She said he was good, maybe a bit sleepy. Says he is "concerned". Actually we are all thinking Ryan has been better than normal lately despite the surgery.

The nurses all feel he is "fishing" for info. They are uncomfortable with him and know not to give him info. I have told them to tell him he is to call me if he wants to know something. He gave up all rights to Ryan and told me years ago he wanted no part of his care. Suddenly he is concerned. Hmmm...

Christmas seems to bring out some weird behaviour and I just wish he would leave me alone. He has told the nurse he will call again. I think he figures each shift change brings a new person and one of them will tell him something. I think he is looking for trouble.

I was just thinking that peace reigned. I will not worry about this. I believe he is still pushing those buttons. There is little or nothing he can do. I won't give him the power.

Barb

OP Offline
Hi Everyone!!

Thought I'd shop till I dropped on Thurs but my first stop was to get a new mattress and box. Figured I'd move mine into the guest room so Brandon had a comfy sleep at Christmas (he took his when he moved). They were to deliver that afternoon - showed up at 10 PM!!! I did manage to get out to our staff party (the nurse watched for the truck) and we had a blast as always.

Down to the wire Friday (I don't weekend shop if at all possible)...

Up and out at the crack of dawn, I worked the stores with total precision. I was back in time to wrap a bit then to go get Brandon's gift. He requested a little black kitten. We'd found one last week and left him with his mommy till Fri. He is so darn cute. Wouldn't Brandon be surprised to know how much fun we have had playing with his present. My Tango Roo is not too impressed, though, so I've had to give her tons of extra attention. Brandon will be home tommorrow and he'll have to open one of his gifts early.

Josh came down and we went out to a wonderful steakhouse last night. The restaurant overlooked the Falls and as luck would have it - coincided with our weekly fireworks - all red and green for Christmas - what a marvel. Then a late drive by all the lights - we have one of the largest light displays in North America. Oh, and the gift he was making for me? He didn't really make it - he had it commisioned. We had visited an artist's studio in Big Sur last year and he chose 4 of the prints and had them custom matted and framed - very personal and appropriate and also appreciated.

My gift to him was not much different. (we are both Capricorns, remember). I found an artist at the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot and she had work done in Napa and Sonoma. I chose a lovely painting of red wine bottles. I matted and framed it. Also got one of a black and white cat sniffing a red wine bottle for Brandon - uncanny - it closely resembles his new kitten "Salem". I also gave Josh a wine coloured plush bathrobe.

Ran a couple of errands today after Josh drove home and then I have been trying to attack my mountain of gifts awaiting wrapping. I'm making progress and just took a break. Need to get back to the kittens and wrapping ~ not a good combination, but a fun one!!!

Hope you are all having as much fun with the holiday as I am! Tommorrow my family will gather here and Dad is treating us to take out Swiss Chalet. We'll then likely watch old Christmas videos of the kids and their cousins in the early years or some of us as kids. The good ol days - LOL!

Here's wishing you and yours the best of the season. Don't be afraid to try something new - it may become a tradition in years to come. Just be good to yourself! Please tell me how you're doing.

Love Barb

K
K
Hey Barb
Sounds like a great time you have planned!
What a nice and thoughtful gift from Josh! and yours to him sounds beautiful too!

I wish you a wonderful Christmas w/ B, R and A, and your family, please give Leenie a big hug for me and wish her a Merry Christmas too please

Love ya

This Moment is your Life

OP Offline
Hey Karen!!!

Yes, it will all be wonderful if I ever finish wrapping and actually FIND the dining room table. After all - we are seating 9 there tonight! LOL!

Yes, I'll give Leenie a hug. She called me more times yesterday that in the past year. (Not that I minded, sis). She is hosting Christmas and there are lots of questions when you're doing the turkey et al. Tell me about it. Such a break for me this year - not often I don't do it. I'm glad NOT to this time around.

Little kitten is adjusting. My Tango can't wait till he leaves. Brandon will be here in a few hours and his gift is ready. The kids are going out with their dad for a couple of hours. Can't include a meal cuz they're eating at home right after but maybe they'll do coffee. I will bite my tongue REGARDLESS of the stuff they tell me.

Have a great Christmas, Karen. I'll be seeing you in one month.

Barb

OP Offline
The big day has arrived! I was worried last night since my dad was quite ill. I sent him home early and gave him a good decongestant cough syrup. Must have helped because he was able to join us for breakfast, stockings and gifts.

It was a nice gathering and a bit chaotic with the cats rumbling through the wrappings but tiny one slept through most of it.

Brandon adores his kitten. Salem is a real sweetie! They're here till tommorrow.

Kids went out with their dad yesterday. Ash came home a bit dismayed (unusual for her). Seems she saved Wed to spend with him - their usual day, rather than his birthday (Thurs). She has tried to spend it with him the past 5 years but he has blown her off for maggot. This year he told her he WANTS to spend his birthday with her, not Wed. Then he told her he needs to borrow her car to install the cd player he gave her and he pointed out a bubble that could develop into rust. This upset her for some unknown reason. I think the reality of divorce upsets at holidays.

He left an envelope for me. It was the next 6 months support checks for Ash. Put "BARBARA" on the envelope. In all our years he NEVER called me that, just BARB, but I guess he feels it gives in a business tone. I was just pleased to receive the checks without a note and without any fanfare. YIPPEE!!!

And I hope you are all enjoying peace in your home. I can't remember having time to sit at the pc and not be running around like a mad woman ready to serve dinner to the crowd. We're going to Leenie's this year. YIPPEE!!! Now if I can just get my other 2 siblings to take a turn. I've done it at least 20 times. Time for a change. I like this.

Warmest wishes.

Love Barb

Woo Hoo! Six months child support, and no drama from him to mar the day? I'd say that's as good as it gets, girlfriend.

Have a blessed day, enjoy your time with your family. How great that you get the whole traditinal feast without having to fix it

OP Offline
Yes SC!

I'd say that's progress!!!

This afternoon at 2:45 the phone rang (I was expecting Josh) but it was ex. He has not once called the kids on Christmas day since he left us. He had a nice chat with them, asked about Ryan and made a better arrangement with Ashley on Wed. (the day SHE wants). He said she could hang at his house while he works on her car. She was not sure what to do about that. She needs this done, but refuses to go in his house. I suggested she have him drop her at the mall (2 blocks away) then get her when he's done. She LOVED that idea. I guess we're getting better at handling these things.

Dinner at Leenie's was very nice. We were all there (save for Ryan and one brother in law who had to work). Everyone pitched in. A far cry from the old days. And I broached the "taking turns" subject and it went over well. The other 2 agreed to take next year and the following which means I don't have to cook dinner for 3 more years!!! YIPPEE!!!

I have had a wonderful Christmas!!! I would like to go look at my nice treats once more since its been a long day.

Hope you had a great one too!

Barb

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard