Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
T
Lisa, I always like coming to catch up on your thread. It makles me smile. I can tell in your writing the happiness in your life.

Have a great weekend and enjoy Vegas. LOL

TD

TwinDragon
Thread #11-Dragon, flying - evaluating his world.
S
OP Offline
S
Greetings everyone... back from my visit to Vegas. We had a fantastic time. Went hiking up in the local mountains and even took a trip out to Death Valley. Had a terribly romantic dinner at a winery outside of Vegas. I don't think I've ever been so quite romanced before... sigh. Life is still good.

It took a couple of days to work past my funk of as I am calling it separation anxiety from C. I think many of us can relate to this when we first get back into the dating world. We're alone for so long and we get used to it and then we have that human companionship, intimacy (not necessarily physical intimacy) and then its gone and poof you have a withdrawl. IT SUCKS. Hate that part. A GF told me it's my insecurity... that I am afraid that it might be the last time fears in me. Took me a bit to understand that but she is right. I am not quite sure how to move past that fear yet. He even left me the most loving VM while I was at the airport that moved me to tears... so I don't know why I feel that way.

While I was visiting, C was using my laptop and came across DB. He asked what DB was. It took me a bit to compose myself because all of a sudden I felt very vulnerable. I told him the truth and it felt a bit akward to share that with him but I trusted him. He was actually quite touched and then he understood the friends and the bonds that I've made here. So just in case Mr C is reading this LOVE YOU HONEY!!!

Blondie starts school back on Monday. Summer is over, life gets back to normal, FINALLY. C will be here visiting in a couple of weeks and we're going to have dinner with the friends and I'm actually looking forward to it. We're not going to the bday party of a friend because Wanker and Road Kill will be there and we both agreed that yes it's time to let it all be but who wants to waste our precious time together with THEM when we could be doing other things.

Mish has 8 to 10 weeks left before they induce. She's still on bed rest mostly. Hopefully she'll feel good enough for lunch this week.

love, laughter and friendship, Lisa
K
K
Glad your life is going great Sassy. I guess all the doubts and insecurities are totally normal. Hey it can't be all good

And yes, you are right stay away from Roadkill and Wanker ~ life is way too short!

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to!
T
T
Lisa,

Man, you are an inspiration to us all that are still in the crap. We can see that there can be a new book in our lives and that it will be a best seller.

Keep up the great life.

TD

TwinDragon
S
S
Hi Sassy,

I sent you an email.

Glad things are going so well with Mr. C I think you are right about the separation anxiety. I'm not looking forward to all that "dating world stuff. I'm pretty happy just hanging out with my friends at the moment. Maybe I'll feel differently once the D is final.

Just in case Mr. C is reading......WE LOVE LISA! She has helped so many of us here in DBLand. You are very lucky. Take good care of our Sassy and she will take care of you.

Have a good week.

Spit

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
S
OP Offline
S
My time flies when you are getting a life. 3 weeks on my own thread, LOL.

Life is great. Still happy as a clam. We just had our 3mos mark... uh oh... and he was here a week ago... left many items behind and I cleaned out one bathroom closet for his stuff and a shelving unit in the master closet. Big UH OH there... it's kinda nice having a man's things around the house.

Well we went out to dinner with all the old gang while he was here. They all adored him, hell how could you not. The man is funny, charming, honest, personable and he loves me. They had better like him and as if I would care anyway ;-)

Did learn that Rick, the guy who caused a great deal of rift between Dave and I, the bunny dream guy, well he had a mental breakdown a month or so ago and left town to reunite with his 1st exwife. They have been divorced over 20yrs. UH HUH.. reunited, but note it took a mental breakdown in his case to go back to her ;-)

C is coming back out in two weeks. We actually sat down and planned out the next couple of months for us for things, travel etc. Kinda strange doing that but also it feel very secure for us both.

Had a moment of doubt last night and we talked it through. Sometimes I admit that the insecurity demons in me do come out. It's all too good, too perfect. Can it all be for real? So I decided to invest in a journal and started writing out my thoughts and feelings. Should have done that a long time ago.

Hugs and smooches to everyone. Have a great week!!

T
T
Lisa,

I am glad everything is going so well in your life. I hope to follow in your footsteps, only with a woman. LOL

Have a great wee, TD.

TwinDragon
S
OP Offline
S
The Laugh of the Day -

Cooking dinner tonight, my 79yr old mom on my computer to play her favorite computer game, Word Whomp. Anywho... I'm putting the finished touches on dinner, drinking a glass of Merlot and I hear coming from the computer room "Is SKANK a Word?" Needless to say I choked from laughing, spewed my wine all over the damn counter... Blondie and I are standing in the kitchen in hysterical laughter... meanwhile Jerry our new family addition (Mr Hamster) is rolling around the kitchen in his portawheel... he's in training for the hamster race next Saturday. Go Jerry!!

Oh my... never a dull moment here!!

Sassy,
Your mom and mine could be twins!!! Does your mom know how to use her cell phone??? I spent 2 hrs trying to explain the "big girl phone" to her and she still doesn't get it!!! So frustrating. Now they're getting ready to leave because of the hurricane in FL. I told her "make sure you take your big girl phone" so we can find you. GEEZE!!!! When I get down there on Thurs, I'm gonna try one more time and if they still don't get it, I'm gonna string a couple of tin cans together!!!!

I'm glad to hear that your love life is doing fabulously. That's the kind of stuff we all need to hear!!!!

S
OP Offline
S
C has been here and gone and is coming back again next week. This time staying for a full week. I am looking forward to it but at the same time, those insecurity demons are getting the best of me. I am struggling big time. We talked about it the other night and while he does his best to reassure me I can't move forward and find myself sabotoging all this. I'm journaling a lot lately just to express my feelings.

I stumbled a bit this am after hearing about Steve Irwin's death... the urge to pick up the phone and text Wanker was so strong. We spent many a nights cuddling in bed watching the Crock Hunter and Danger Danger was Wanker's favorite phrase. Not to worry... I didn't make the call.

BigAl made an interesting comment yesterday about having new people in our lives. I think he's right... maybe we do move forward, but we still have the connections, the memories of the past. Funny because even though I was with exH for 15yrs none of memories are as strong as they are with Wanker. I may never understand that.

Had a very sweet moment yesterday. Sunday's have become mother daughter day. We were at the mall yesterday and I was buying Blondie a top and the girl behind the counter commented how sweet of us having a M/D day and Blondie said we did it every Sunday. The girl behind the counter got tearey eyed and said how she wished her mom would do that but she was always too busy. I almost felt like inviting her to spend the day. How sad... and when we walked outside Blondie and I hugged... I guess we never realized just how lucky we really are to have each other.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!! It's raining here in Texas. Finally.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard