Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
P
pammie Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Good Morning All
I have to tell you about my Mother's Day/ Birthday.
My younger son and my grand-daughters took me to the hospital for my blood work yesterday.
When we returned home my daughter-n-law had signs up and down the road for my birthday.
She coooked a big lunch and a had a birthday Cake waiting for me.
My older son called and said he would be late coming to see me.
He wished me a Happy birthday and a Happy Mother's Day.
At 8:00p.m. I decided to take my shower and settled in for the night.
I was getting ready for bed and the door bell rang.
I hobbled to the door and there sat on the front porch a wicker basket with pink bedding inside.
I did not see anyone or any vehicles.
I reached down and picked up the basket.
There was a card inside from my older son, his wife and Will .
Wishing me a Happy Birthday/Mother's Day.
Inside the pink bedding was the a Chocolate Lab puppy.
If you remember I lost my dog about a month ago.
I had not decided whether to get another one or not.
But I have one now.
She is beautiful.
Her name is Cocoa.
My grand-daughters came down to see the new addition.
The 5 year old grand-daughter said that she had better spend the night with me since I was not able to take care of the puppy by myself yet.
That is exactly what happened.
God is still showering me and my family with all the love He has for us.
I have to say it was a great Birthday, Mother's Day.
Hope you all had a great day also.
I am off to the hospital for my blood to be checked.
Have a great day all.
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
S
S
Hey Pammie,

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday and Mother's Day. And what a sweet surprise getting that little puppy.

How's little Will doing? I hope he's gaining more strength every day. He has lots of people praying for him.

You take it easy too. It's been less than a week since your surgery and look at you go! But that's our Pammie! Just take care of yourself because we love you.

have a terrific day...

love,
Sadeyez

I ain't Miz Representin'!!
Pam:

What a wonderful surprise. I'm sure little Cocoa will bring you years of happiness. My Himalayan kitty is named Coco too!

I was thinking about you so much yesterday and told some of my family about you, your struggles and how you manage to do it all with style and grace. I also told them it was your birthday. We all wished you the best!

I'm not posting much. Have so much going on. But wanted to stay in touch with you and let you know how glad I am that things are looking up.

Love Barb

Hi Pammie -

You are really the miracle girl - and now you have a new puppy to love! Thank God your gd stayed over to help.

It's great to see you posting. Still praying for you and your donor's continued recovery and, of course, for Will.

God bless,

Lib

Hi Pammie,

Boy, did I ever get egg on my face in that post saying that it'd be a while before you got back. I like that kind of egg, though!

Hey, regarding your blood work - can't you have a local doctor draw the blood and your kind relative drive it to the hospital for you, if the car ride is a trial? It's also possible that a local doctor uses that hospital's lab already, and has regular pickups. Just a thought. I want you home and resting and being spoiled!

Regarding your ex-MIL... she may have been fishing, but it may reflect that the other side of the family is still concerned about you. Maybe in a gossipy way, but I bet that they also have some genuine feeling, nice as you are. It's important to keep your boundaries, but not to demonize even those who have been hurtful. Even if a motive is mixed, it doesn't mean that the decent part of the motive is entirely lacking.

Don't know why I'm preaching. Maybe it's just that so many of our ex's have mixed motives and mixed signals, and it's easy to lose sight of compassion when we need to protect ourselves. It does sounds like you rolled with it, like the fine lady you are. Good for you.

Congratulations on the new puppy! How fun!

Pammie,

What a fun surprise. there is nothing like a new puppy or kitten to bring happiness and smiles into a house. they are such a gift. And lucky for you that you happened to have a grand-daughter close at hand to help out!

I'm so glad that your Mother's Day was good. You have been through enought lately and you deserve a great day in your honor. I had a great MD too. My S16 and his 2 best buds cooked dinner for their mom's at my house. We also had another friend of mine who I met in my D couseling group. she has a 4 year old and this was her first MD alone. We had such a good time. The kids were great,. they all dressed up in shirts and tie and jackets, they all gave us these GIANT cards that they bought. They did the cooking and cleaning up and then play music for us and entertained the littles ones and then left us alone withour margaritas for some good girl time! It was sooo fun.

I know that I am truely blessed when it comes to my kids and the wonderful friends that God has put in my life. We all have so much to be thankful for.

I'm so glad that you are doing well. You sound so strong. Your morning drive must be a real hassle, but on the other hand it gets you up and moving every day. That is good too. How is little Will doing? I think of him often.

Take care and take it easy.

love jaycee

Hi Pam, boy this was a surprise for me to see you had posted already!
Do take care NOT to overdo it.
Hope Will continues to improve and that your donor is well on the road to recovery.
A choc lab! I have a yellow and his name is William!
All good wishes to you my friend.

Hi Pammie,
Thought I'd stop by and see how you're doing....sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day. You sure do have great kids!!!

What's the latest news for Will and your donor? Hope they are doing as well as you seem to be.

I also got a puppy after my D's dog died. He's a bassett/beagle mix and I named him Nelson (after a friend). He's such a joy (well, most of the time anyway)!!

Take care of yourself girlie. Summer's coming and I'm sure you'll have lots to do!!!
Love ya,
Jill

H
H
Pammie,

I also was surprised to see you posting so soon. But glad of it too! How is Will doing? Your mother's day sounds wonderful. Mine was too! We are the lucky ones when you really think about what's important. You've been through so much and keep your great attitude. I know it's a pain to have to travel to get your blood work done, but in the long run you'll be able to get out in your garden and do the things you love to do soon.

You're such an inspiration for so many of us Pammie.

P
pammie Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hello All
I went to my mail-box today and it was filled with cards from all of you guys.
You sure know how to brighten a person's life.
Thanks to all of you for the love and prayers.
My donor came home yesterday.
I talked with her this morning and she was doing fine.
I will stop by and see her tomorrow. She lives close to the hospital.
My sweet Will is not doing very well.
I went to see him today.
I stayed about 1 1/2 hours just reading to him and telling him about my new puppy and his girl cousins.
We are still praying for a miracle so our sweet Will can breathe on his own.
My son and his wife have aged 10 years in the last 6 weeks.
I do want to thank you all for the on-going prayers for our sweet baby.
God will be good to us. That we know for sure.
Take Care All
I love each and every one of you.
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard