Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
S
S
Oh (((Pammie))),

Thank God for that wonderful news!! Things are certainly going in a positive way. What a relief!

It was great talking to you the other night. As usual, you're upbeat and positive. But would we expect anything else from our Pammie?

I keep you and Will and the rest of your family in my prayers every day. Just wait til he gets home and you'll have to fight your granddaughters to get to him. They're going to be wonderful "little mothers".

I hope you have a great time today. Heck, I know you will. Being with your friends and family and now with your great news to share, well, what else could it be but a wonderful time? Eat lots of good stuff and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

love you, girlfriend...

Sadeyez

I ain't Miz Representin'!!
T
TC Offline
T
That is AWESOME NEWS, Pam! Sooooo happy to hear it, and I am soooo happy for you! Thanks so much for sharing it with us, TC

Pammie,

That is great news! Now you have more to celebrate! As the others have said, you truely are an inspiration to all of us. You help us all keep our spirits up and our hearts and minds focused on the positives in our lives. what would we do without you?

Your little GS will continue to grow and get stronger. He will be up and running before you know it. Remember how fast they grow? I bet he is adoralbe.

And you have been in your yard too! Today is the first day of spring break for me. The sun is shining after two weeks of rain but it is not supposed to last. the rain will be back by this evening. i would love nothing better than to get out in my yard but I promised a friend I would help her move today. So after my walk I am of to pack Chinaware. The flowers will have to wait!

Take care and know that lots of prayers continue to come your way.
love jaycee

Pammie,

What WONDERFUL news..............you and your GS are both in my prayers. The power of prayer! It's wonderful.

Love,
Friend

B
B
Pammie,

I'm so glad your cancer free.

God does answer prayer.

Your grandbaby is goig to be ok to.I'm just sure of it.

I havent gotten to my flower beds yet.I did plant some honeysuckle on two sides of my fence.And I planted a Japanesse Magnolia in my back yard.They remind me of tulips.Only on a tree.

They other day my son mouthed off at me so I had him weed my roses.They don't look like they are going to make it this year.I cut them way to back.(I'm still learning how to garden.)

The weather is good here today.I have all my windows open.

Life sure is good isn't it?

later Friend.
Briget

The grass is always greener over the septic tank... Erma Bombeck Treat hate with Love... DR. Martin Luther King
{{{ Pammie!}}}
This is sooo wonderful! so happy!
Have thought about you every day.

I feel everything is going to turn out just great w/ your family! Your GS will improve and your transplant will be smooth. You deserve it too Pam you are the strongest woman I have know in a long time!

Hope the party was great!

** Karen ** ** Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life **
P
pammie Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hello All
Thanks for your continued prayers and good wishes for me and my family.
Yesterday was a great day, celebrating son's birthday and hanging out with friends and famly.
My donor (DIL'S Mother) decided we would have some fun with all the kids we started a water balloon fight.
Needless to say we got blasted.
The weather was great.
It was about 80 degrees yesterday.

My grandson is still doing about the same.
He is one special little boy.
Thanks for all the prayers for him.

Take Care all
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
Hi Pammie, so pleased you had a great party.
Glad all is going well and hope transplant is still on for the end of the month.
Hope the two g/ma's changed out of their wet clothes after water fights. Not the time for you two to be getting colds.I hope your DIL can manage you pair of scallywags

P
pammie Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Good Morning All
This article was in my local newspaper yesterday.
I think it hit the nail on the head.

Does Anyone Really Mean Their Wedding Vows?

In 1978, when I recited similar vows with my husband of nearly 27 years, I thought couples were supposed to mean what they pledged to one another on their wedding day. But recent news events and news-makers have shown me how naive I was.

Remember Russell Yates, the husband of the woman in Texas who drowned their five children? Three years after she was sentenced to life in prison, he has divorced her.

"We still care about each other," he assured reporters the other day. But, he added, "I couldn't live that way."

Her being in prison is a burden, as you can imagine, and there's the insanity-paranoia-

schizophrenia thing, too. Faced with such challenges, Yates decided to move on with his life.

Explaining that you're ready to move on is a euphemistic way of saying that, due to unforeseen and catastrophic developments, you have decided to abandon your marriage.

That's what Michael Schiavo did years ago, even though he was still married to his wife,

Terri. She was brain-damaged, you see, and in a persistent vegetative state, and didn't recognize him or anyone else, and had to live in a nursing home, and couldn't be a real wife, and ... well, it was too awful to bear.

Time to move on.

In fact, until they became

estranged from him a few years later, Terri Schiavo's parents encouraged Michael to date other women.

Eventually, he settled down with a girlfriend, had two children with her, and announced his intention to marry her when his wife accommodated him by dying, which Terri finally did on March 30 after he had her feeding tube removed.

Call me unrealistic, but when my husband promised to stick with me no matter what, I believed him. I still believe him; and I believe that I am morally obligated to keep the promises I made to him.

My understanding was that "for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health" meant staying with your spouse even if he or she slipped into insanity, or was in a coma, or went to jail, or never made much money.

Still, the "it's time to move on" explanation seems to resonate with a lot of people these days, which is why I think we need to come up with revised wedding vows that sound traditional but incorporate the modern understanding of one's obligation to a spouse.

For example, the thoroughly modern groom could say, "I, John, take you, Mary, to be my wife with the loving understanding that if you develop cancer, become mentally ill, sustain a disfiguring injury, fall into a coma or get sent to prison, or simply gain a whole bunch of weight, I may decide to move on with my life."

And the equally modern bride could respond, "I, Mary, accept those terms, John, with the loving understanding that the reverse applies as well. Moreover, if you move your Alzheimer's-stricken mother into our home, or if at any time your annual income drops below an agreed-upon amount, I may decide that it's time to move on with my life."

Then the minister or judge could pronounce them married, and the happy couple could exchange a sweet kiss and accept the congratulatory applause of friends and family members.

No muss, no fuss. And, best of all, no burdensome promises.

When the going gets tough, the tough can simply move on.

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
Pam: Just time for a real quick post. I'm thrilled to learn that you are cancer free. And you had a wonderful, fun party. Count the positives. With respect to the little one, sounds like he's holding his own. And miracles do take time, but they do happen. I know of 1 lb babies that have survived, thrived and graduated with honours. I'm still praying.

Now - use that positive attitude and prepare for your next step. You'll do fine with it too.

Thanks for posting something for us all to think about.

Barb

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard