Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
job Offline
Ginger,

The thread you mentioned as disappearing is still on the forum. It has not been deleted and/or moved to a safe location. Threads that are no longer appearing on the forums are placed in a very safe place. We do not delete threads unless the poster specifically states that they are to be deleted.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
O
O
Originally Posted by Ginger1
This is no longer my safe place.

BL, the time for playing hard to get is over. Make your move or lose at forever.

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
1 member likes this: bttrfly
M
M
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Wow, the “where is LH “ thread has disappeared as well.

I guess a new regime has taken over where people are silenced, it isn’t explained and threads just disappear.

The universe has spoken to me. This is no longer my safe place.
Its safe, far safer than any other site dealing with similar subjects.
But, it needs more people to get onboard here..

Sitting at a Table for One.
B
B
No.

It's not safe.

When people disappear without explanation from the folks making that happen, it makes the rest of us wonder when the axe will fall next, or if we'll be the next to be expunged, or even what it is we may or may not say to turn the delete button onto us. How is that creating a feeling of safety?

That's a great way to create a feeling of walking on eggshells waiting for the other shoe to fall.

We all came here to save our marriages.

A very scant few of us were successful at that.

Hopefully, the majority of us were at least successful in saving ourselves, and made some strong relationships with other posters in the process.

There are some great vets here who no longer post.

WHY?

There are some people who have been here 5-10 years, who are posting less and less often.

WHY?

A 'never explain' attitude is exceptionally short-sighted, if one is concerned about the over-all well-being of these boards and the people posting, especially the newbies.

Leads one to believe that TPTB really don't care.

Again, that doesn't lead to a feeling of safety.

So, sorry 40, I heartily disagree with you.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
M
M
People post because they want to. I have been on forums for very long time. Sometimes, you say your same thing over so many times, you just cant keep repeating yourself.
So, you become a sticky of expertise to allow others to read, or you just fade away.. Like Sandi. Poof, gone... But she is in her 70s..
If you feel you are walking on egg shells, you will be notified to let you know.
I have asked to be "banned" on one car forum. It was caustic, and I just couldn't keep helping people that were knew and being treated poorly.. So I left. I haven't seen anyone treated poorly here, "I" haven't..
And I am curious as to why you feel the right to know why the mods banned someone? Privacy issues may be at play.

Sitting at a Table for One.
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hey Job, I swear it wasn’t there until later that day for me.

Either way, it’s just not what it used to be.

BL, if you are reading. I hope you had fun on your ski trip. And we totally spanked your team. It was a great night .

job Offline
Ginger,

That's okay. After reading your posting, I went back down the listing and saw it and just wanted to let you know that it was still out there for comments.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
R
Hi Ginger how are you? I didn’t make it out to Friday night hockey tonight but hopefully next week.

M:52 W: 51
T:27 M:25
D26 S24 S21 D20
BD:2022
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard