Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
G,
I think your work is your refuge and a benefit has been positive adult interaction with your co-workers. Now your work has been infiltrated by Chatty Cathey. God save us all from the Chatty Catheys of this world!

I really like Job's suggestion of getting out for periodic breaks during the work day.

If it becomes too untenable, seek a transfer or new position.

Maybe I'll have more ideas when I've been awake a little longer.

xoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
Can you have a confidential discussion with HR? Maybe get moved to a different space? or go hybrid and no overlap or maybe one day overlap?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
you cannot be the only one to feel this way, G.

Hello - functioning edit button would be helpful.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by bttrfly
G,
I think your work is your refuge and a benefit has been positive adult interaction with your co-workers. Now your work has been infiltrated by Chatty Cathey. God save us all from the Chatty Catheys of this world!

I really like Job's suggestion of getting out for periodic breaks during the work day.

If it becomes too untenable, seek a transfer or new position.

xoxo

You nailed it, B. Work has always been my refugee for adult interaction, and now it makes me want to avoid it. It’s definitely taken a toll on me.

I’ve been considering all options. I’m not going to give up on this position quite yet. Doesn’t look good to do, especially barely 6 months in. I also can’t take a reduction in pay. So that’s out . It’s very complicated here.
There are 3 of us in our office inside an office. The pervious 2 managers didn’t like eachother and everyone felt the tension. I don’t want that to happen again. I think the other one we share an office with is really nice, however, she hates her job and her counterpart and she’s losing her shot always complaining as well.

I can’t go to HR. She isn’t doing anything in violation of anything and I wouldn’t do that, because she isn’t a bad person. And in my hospital system you have to do something REALLY BAD for HR to pay attention. But I wouldn’t anyways.

I maybe go to my boss, who is actually friends with her, but i think sees what I’m dealing with and how I react, which is just shut up, because the 3 of us are often engaged in convo. I just want to know HOW to handle her.

But I can’t just complain, I have to figure out ways to make this tolerable for me.

So yes, I am going to take frequent walks. With better weather, I will be doing them outside, because I’m in an office in an office and none of them have windows. Windows are hard to come by in a hospital and it is affecting my mood. I put my air pods in, but she just keeps talking. It’s the best I can do for now.

I have been dealing with regular stresses forever on my own. It’s a norm for me. But I always did have the refuge of work. Now I need a refuge from work and this is what has me depressed.

Sigh.

B
B
can you get a Happy Light (Verilux)??? no you have to stay at least one year
I'm sorry I couldn't remember how long you'd been there.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, I had a very stressful 10
Hour day yesterday at work. I was supposed to go out with my former coworkers and I came home, laid in my bed and tried to come up with every excuse not to. And then BL snuck into my head and said “get up and get out there!” I walked into the bar and the first words were “ OMG, you are so tiny!!!!” They haven’t seen me in a bit. Kind of weird having people call me “tiny” or skinny” because I have never been either of those 2 things. And I’m still 9 lbs from goal, but I’m much more fit at this weight than I ever was. Anyways, we had such a great time. We all made plans to go to these fun places soon. Dancing, drinking, tacos, concerts…… i look forward to it. They also said they miss me a lot on the on the floor. The new case manager is nice enough, but she isn’t me, and it’s not nearly as fun anymore. They appreciated my laid back, let’s get this problem solved attitude and the jokes I would make during rounds. I miss them like crazy too, it is true, your coworkers can make or break your job.

Then another former coworker asked if I wanted to grab drinks today. I love that she’s more of an early bird like me, and we are happy to grab drinks and apps at 5pm on a Saturday,
Lol. I’ve got work tomorrow .

Being out last night definitely lifted my spirits. I have to remember that for the next time Im looking for every excuse to cancel…..

4 members like this: Rockon, Cadet, job, bttrfly
B
B
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Well, I had a very stressful 10 Hour day yesterday at work. I was supposed to go out with my former coworkers and I came home, laid in my bed and tried to come up with every excuse not to. And then BL snuck into my head and said “get up and get out there!”
Uh oh...I'm in your head now! Glad I could assist.

Originally Posted by Ginger1
Being out last night definitely lifted my spirits. I have to remember that for the next time Im looking for every excuse to cancel…..
Nice! Glad you decided to go out and ended up having a good time.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
S
S
So how long is it going to take me to scan G's social media and figure out which one is LH?

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Spiral
So how long is it going to take me to scan G's social media and figure out which one is LH?

1) you found me ?

2) I hate to break it to you, but we aren’t friends on social
Media

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Wow, the “where is LH “ thread has disappeared as well.

I guess a new regime has taken over where people are silenced, it isn’t explained and threads just disappear.

The universe has spoken to me. This is no longer my safe place.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard