Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
F
OP Offline
F
I can’t make this stuff up, she is now burning our last name sign and not sure what else, marriage books and anything else I guess she can find.

Me:44 W:42
M:22 T: 22-23
S:22 D:19 D:16 S:6
Confirm EA/PA: 7/22
BD/IHS: 10/22
B
B
also, a fresh thought. if she won't calm down, take yourself and your son out to do something - get an ice cream, go visit Santa, go for a drive to someplace where you can walk or play together.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
Originally Posted by FwdMvmnt
I can’t make this stuff up, she is now burning our last name sign and not sure what else, marriage books and anything else I guess she can find.
take your son and leave. now.

if she's doesn't have an audience, she won't perform.

i don't guarantee you won't have a pile of ashes when you get home, but your son won't have to witness his mother completely out of control, and you won't have to deal with it either.

also, do you know who her sponsor is? can you call that person after you leave the house with your child(ren)?

Last edited by bttrfly; 12/11/22 06:43 PM.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
Originally Posted by FwdMvmnt
We do not have an MC, I set one up for the 19th of this month but was going to cancel. She didn’t want to go, and I told her we at least need mediation.
I'd advise keeping the appointment even if you go alone.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
Do not let her provoke you into any action which can be construed as a domestic situation.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
M
M
if she is being aggressive in any way, call the authorities.

I haven’t read your thread yet, however, there is a distinct line where the safety of you and your Son outweigh anything else.

1 member likes this: Ready2Change
F
OP Offline
F
Sorry to post again. I am now receiving texts from my Mother in Law about not letting her daughter come in for Christmas. I also just received a text from my parents which I will post below. I have no clue how to handle or how much to say. I am going to reach out to my program support and sponsor as well.

“I don’t know what has gotten into your son, but please talk some sense into him. He has shut down all the credit cards and PayPal and I can no longer do Christmas shopping. He refuses to have an adult conversation. This is me hoping maybe you and Andy can talk some sense into him. It’s not right the way he is treating me. I simply want to finish my shopping. Last night he told me I could book a plane ticket for xxx bc we can’t stand to be around eachother without fighting and when I told him I was going to this morning, he shut everything down. I do not have access to cash so he is basically making it so I have NOTHING. I can’t even put gas in my car. I am going to start substitute teaching, but I don’t feel like I have time to start before Christmas. Nor would I get a paycheck. Please talk some sense into your son. This isn’t right.”

The part about her wanting to fly because the fighting is new. She has been saying she wants to fly so she can come home early because she doesn’t think she could be around her mother that long.
Again not sure how much to tell her mother. I responded that she’s hearing one side of the story and that I did say we would purchase the tickets when we had a plan in place for the week.

B
B
I would definitely get your sponsor involved.

I want you to understand that anything put in a text can and probably will be used against you, so you need to think very carefully about how to respond to this.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
D
DnJ Online
D
Hi F

Oh my goodness. Things sure can flip direction really quick.

I’d not talk to W’s mother. Blood is thicker than water, and in the end she will likely defend and support her daughter.

Talk to your Mom and Dad. Call them. Not text. A call. Person to person.

I’m not sure how much they know what is, and has been going on, so be prepared to explain stuff. You don’t need to go into all the dirty details, however they are getting dragged into this from W, so best to ensure they have a more clear picture. They are probably rather worried, I’d suspect.

If W or things are really getting out of hand, call the authorities.

When things cool off, correct the credit card mess.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
1 member likes this: bttrfly
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you B and D,
She of course manipulated her mom into buying the ticket. Seems to be in a better mood, but of course took that opportunity to tell me how controlling and how i want her totally dependent on me so she crawls back. She’s never worked so that makes me feel some guilt. Also said how do i know if she crosses boundaries if i don’t tell her what they are. Just gonna keep moving forward, even if I may have taken a couple steps back through the day. Think the credit card lock was wrong move, but didn’t have much time to think.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard