Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
kml Offline
K
Lol, yeah, bttrfly, I bet that helps!!!

DV - I hear Croatia is lovely! I’ve only been to Ljubljana way back when the entire region was Yugoslavia - it’s now in Slovenia. However my patients who have traveled recently to the Croatian coast loved it.

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Sounds like your patients were near where my BIL’s house is. It’s in a little town called Tisno. Half of Tisno is on the mainland and the other half is on an island. His house is in the part that is on the island…right downtown across the street from the Aegean Sea. Stunningly beautiful if the pictures are to be believed. I can’t wait to visit in person and see it for myself. Our 2020 trip is hopefully taking place in 2023 with seven of us instead of five. And if I have an SO I’d like to come with me, it will be eight.

Speaking of meeting people. I had a surprising Like on Tinder last night. Two years ago, I had matched with someone on there who used to work with my twin. We chatted back and forth for a week and had plans to meet until he backed out. He lives about an hour and a half away from me and decided he didn’t want to fall for someone he couldn’t see every day so decided he didn’t want to meet me. He told me he hoped I would meet someone awesome and I thanked him for not ghosting me and wished the same for him. I noticed the app said he was 19 km away and he has family in this area so it may be that he is visiting and thought he would say “hi” but didn’t feel comfortable texting me since it has been two years. It may also be that he has run out of options in his area and a LD relationship is looking more appealing…lol. Curiosity got the better of me so I swiped right this morning and sent him a “hi…what’s new?” message. Haven’t heard back from him yet. Not too worried about it either way.

Pretty chill weekend ahead of me. Kids were supposed to go back to their dad’s last night but D14 is struggling with allergies and fell asleep on her bed and didn’t want to expend the energy to get her stuff together so I texted XH about keeping them another night and he was fine with it. Apparently his wife is back in the hospital so he is spending most of his time there. Not sure when that happened as they were in Mexico a couple weeks ago. D14 mentioned she was there on Friday and that she thought she had already been there a day or two. S14 told me she must be in pain because “she only ever goes to the hospital when she is in a lot of pain Mom.” Poor kid is so sensitive and looked pretty sad about it. I hate that this is so much a part of their day-to-day now. I think things at Dad’s are pretty stressful a lot of the time because of it. It would be nice if they could find a way to stabilize her longterm but not sure that is possible with a liver transplant. Even though XH’s medical problems were highly exaggerated and his treatments were made up, I still remember what it was like to be married to someone you are constantly worried about. For me it was very real and I was so depressed and exhausted after four years of it. It still floors me to think that he is now living the life I was living…the only difference is that her medical issues are real and she involves him in her treatment whereas I was always alone and in the dark about everything. Anyway…really hope they figure this out soon. I don’t wish ill health on anyone. The older I get, the more I realize how precious health is. When you don’t have it, nothing else really matters.

K
kml Offline
K
It still floors me to think that he is now living the life I was living…the only difference is that her medical issues are real

Karma!

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard