Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
His niceness doesn’t feel genuine to me. It feels like he’s just trying to impress.

And I’m having a hard time cancelling the date for 2 reasons. 1) unbeknownst to me, he took the whole day off for it. 2) he keeps say sing how much he is looking forward to it. I’m being a chicken [censored]

K
kml Offline
K
Again - why I personally like the coffee date first - much less pressure.

B
B
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Thank you, DV. I think you are the one who can relate the most and I really think you are doing fantastic. It’s not so easy.

Lately In my dating life, as I’ve become the emotionally unavailable one, lol, I kind of see a reflection of myself and who I used to be in the relationship. Im talking to this one guy who I have never met. He’s tries to hard to be so perfect. He’s over the top on trying to be a good potential date. He texts and texts and texts. Tried to make all his good potential boyfriend qualities shine.

And it is too much. I never even met the guy.

I realize how much I presented myself as like the perfect girlfriend. And when dating, I was too doing everything a perfect girlfriend did. Most likely why every guy who has ended things/broken up with me has said I was a great girlfriend/person, but something was missing. I must have been annoying and frustrating AF. I am annoyed and turned off AF right now. But it’s hard to be when the person is so so so stinkin nice.

I’m supposed to meet him Thursday and my stomach is actually turning at the thought.

It’s awful. I despise dating now and there has been no one for a really long time who has caught my real interest.

I’m afraid I’m just becoming more difficult, more distant, and more seclusive
this dude would send me running, not walking, for the hills. if he's this needy before you meet him what will he be like after a date or two when you politely say you're not really interested?

don't settle. you're worth much more.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
L
L
By perfect, I mean being very attentive, accommodating, understanding, positive, always listening, never complained and was supportive of everything . And no, I am no longer what appears to be “ the perfect GF. I surely would not be that now

See I am looking for more things like fun, flexible, competitive, supportive but yet calls me on my $hit, spontaneous and shows interest in things I like and ALWAYS has my back. And of course is skinny, blonde, tan and has fake boobs lol.

L
L
Originally Posted by LH19
And of course is skinny, blonde, tan and has fake boobs lol.
This of course is me mocking Ginger and not true Butterfly.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
By perfect, I mean being very attentive, accommodating, understanding, positive, always listening, never complained and was supportive of everything . And no, I am no longer what appears to be “ the perfect GF. I surely would not be that now

See I am looking for more things like fun, flexible, competitive, supportive but yet calls me on my $hit, spontaneous and shows interest in things I like and ALWAYS has my back. And of course is skinny, blonde, tan and has fake boobs lol.

No one asked you what you were looking for

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G

Also, I am most of the above minus the skinny tan and blonde with fake boobs. I should have been better at calling guys on their sh!t. That’s where I failed

L
L
True. My point was if your guys were like me then what you thought was being perfect really didn't mean that much to them. It's like buying someone gifts who likes WOA or physical touch. Sure it's a nice jester and sweet but not what you are looking for from a woman.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I offered everything you mentioned minus the physical esthetic, which we all know is top priority for you. I just didn’t call anyone on their sh!t and I should have

T
T
Your date’s neediness level reminds me of Ms. Sunshine, but if you’re determined to go through with this date, have you considered expressing you prefer less texting and a boundary of only responding 1-2x/day?

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard