Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by CWarrior
Hi KitCat, a 3-word message would be great if it conveyed sufficient info to end the dialogue. "Waiting on you" doesn't achieve that. I don't see a business sending a message like that. I see an ongoing exchange after--"On what?" I'm with Thorton and LH to clearly state what is needed to continue with this approach. I don't see any reason to give him the comfort of telling you what you are / aren't doing with your attorney.

"Next is for us to meet to sign the papers. Let me know your availability."

+ I assume you've already e-mailed whatever you want him to sign and he agreed to sign it? Few would sign papers on-the-spot without seeing and considering them in advance.

+ I assume you spoke to your attorney about any signing requirements, e.g. witnesses or notaries.

Yes, I have emailed the paperwork 2 weeks ago. Just needs signed nothing else. Its just financial disclosure.

I do see your point about "waiting on you" not being business like.

S
S
Do you have to meet to sign papers? Can't he sign them and send them back?

"I have emailed the paperwork 2 weeks ago. Please sign and send back."

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
G
G
So why did you request a meet up in the first place if all he had to do was sign the emailed copies?

T
T
I'm confused now, too! You often meet to sign a settlment. Why do you need to meet for him to sign a financial disclosure?! In my state at least that form is well-suited to USPS or dropping off.

"Next is for you to sign and send back the financial disclosure form I e-mailed you."

Remember, the fewer live interactions, the better.

K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I need to make sure I understand and we come to an agreement on what he is wanting to offer so that its very clear on what I am taking my attorney to review.

Its will be much easier and faster to accomplish in meeting - about an hour rather than constant texts/emails back and forth which leads to misunderstandings as you cannot interpret tone. One of the reasons I'm in this mess is because I sent something as a joke and he read complete offense and accusations.

Signing paperwork with me makes sure he is in agreement with values of items.

Please keep in mind that we have sorted the bank accounts and we sorted an entire household of items very amicably. Literally, it was completely friendly and polite. No flirtations friendly but business friendly. So I feel it would be easier and less miscommunication in person.

S
S
Originally Posted by KitCat
I need to make sure I understand and we come to an agreement on what he is wanting to offer so that its very clear on what I am taking my attorney to review.

Its will be much easier and faster to accomplish in meeting - about an hour rather than constant texts/emails back and forth which leads to misunderstandings as you cannot interpret tone. One of the reasons I'm in this mess is because I sent something as a joke and he read complete offense and accusations.

Please keep in mind that we have sorted the bank accounts and we sorted an entire household of items very amicably. Literally, it was completely friendly and polite. No flirtations friendly but business friendly. So I feel it would be easier and less miscommunication in person.

Excuses.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
L
L
I’m getting a headache.

J
J
Originally Posted by KitCat

You can’t be serious here? Email has it done in 5 mins. Forwards it to you, you forward it to your atty with any questions you may have. A 5 min transaction.

You want to see him and here’s an excuse to do so. That’s that. No other reason even begins to remotely make sense. Hey if you wanna to take 10 steps backwards by all means meet up with him. You’re still getting in your own way.

Me: 40
EX:37
Together 17 years
Married 16 years
5 kids, 20,18,15,14,11

BD 03/06/20, divorced 12/23/21
T
T
Come on, Kit.

Many of us have been divorced and signed financial disclosures etc via email. It's standard practice these days.

S
S
Originally Posted by Thornton
Come on, Kit.

Many of us have been divorced and signed financial disclosures etc via email. It's standard practice these days.

But if they meet then he may change his mind.......

M(53), W(54),D(19)
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard