Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
G
G
You are probably asking the wrong girl.

I would reach out once more, asking something definitive. Asking her on a date with a day and time and place. I think her answer will tell you a lot.

Yeah, people say I want answers too much. But my gut speaks to me and rarely ever wrong.

Your gut will tell you a lot by her answer. Ask her out, but casually.

N
N
I“m still happy for you J9. I“m happy for the steps taken, you know what I mean.

I agree with DonH but I agree with G too. What else could be wrong... light the fuse.

But then stop the mind reading please. Go play some basket

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
L
L
I agree with G on both fronts.

CrossFit is the best workout going and is a great place to meet like minded people.

One more reach out for a definite date. Anything less it is bye bye Kitchen Girl lol!

T
OP Offline
T
Cool......I lit the fuse. I will see if I get ghosted smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
L
L
oh $hit I forgot to say wait until Monday.

T
OP Offline
T
LOL.....I don't think it will matter smile

Married 14, Together 17
R
R
Originally Posted by Ginger1

Rex!!! You are a 42 year old man and father, and she is a 21 year old girl! She's 21! She's still probably all about getting different guy's attention. Flirting is probably like a game for her.

You really can't have expectations of someone 21 years younger than you who was just legally allowed to go to a bar.....

Find some age appropriate women who are a similar place in their lives as you, and I think you will have better luck.

The age range I usually go for is 21 to 24... Thats a good age range for me. Age appropriate is a fluid number, dependant on what country or region you live in. If you were passive aggressive and trying to shame me into changing my preferences, good luck with that, im not shameful about anything, and am always honest and upfront with who I am. I dont think you were doing that though.

Flirting is a game to me also, im very social and like to flirt. The only expectations I have is to have fun. Dont get me wrong I have hit on women from age 21 to 60, its all about whether or not i find them attractive or if I just want to have fun and dance. But I have noticed most women I find attractive are between the ages of 21 and 24. That seems to be my preference and I am completely fine with that. I have certain things I dont look for in women and those things are usually found in older women than younger ones. I could elaborate further but I would probably just make you mad, and thats not what i am trying to do.

Originally Posted by Maika
Sounds like OLD gets stupid and boring real fast. Anyone try their luck in real life? I am trying to see if it might just be better to figure out how to do this like it was done back in the day instead of spending time on some app. From everyone that I've talked to, most of the dating apps are great for hook ups. Nothing wrong with that, but relationships are still hard as f$ck to figure out.

I have an OLD profile but 95% of my dates come from meeting people in public spaces such as bars, groceries stores, malls and such. OLD is all about pictures and I just dont take good pictures and dont really care too lol. I have much better luck in person getting dates. I am also very social person so I am usually out and about.

As for not knowing someone online, that is completely true, but just like in real life it is not unheard of... Its the same thing as a one night stand. People who have known eachother maybe 20 mins to a few hours end up sleeping together. It has been like this since the dawn of time and there will always be some form of it.

M:43 W:33
M:10 T:11
D:6
BD 8/12/17
Divorce Final 1/23/2019
G
G
Sorry if I offended you. But I guess it really does depend on your goal.

Would you like the woman you are with to be a good nurturing motherly figure towards your child? Do you want more kids of your own? Do you think a 21 year old is in the same place in life as you to have a meaningful long term relationship? They are generally just growing up..... experiencing, exploring, getting out of college, maybe still living in their parents homes, kids aren't on the horizon for another 10 years........

If you aren't looking for the LTR, then fine. I am not trying to shame you at all. You like what you like, I just hope you are aware of what comes with that looking into the future. I dated a guy 9 years younger than me and it ended because I had about one more year left in me to even consider having a child, and he definitely wanted children, but not atleast for another five years...... and we had to end it.

You may find them more attractive than older women. But how far can that attraction take you given the fundamentals of life. I mean, you do you, like I said, my comment wasn't about shame, but more like what to expect from dating in that age range, especially as an adult with a child. That's all. Good luck to you!

T
OP Offline
T
I think Halloween is coming early to J9's house smile

Married 14, Together 17
R
R
I didnt mean to hijack the thread so I will just answer your last post and move on from it. I do want more kids, but not at this moment. I am currently not looking for a long term relationship, thats the last thing I want since my wife told me she wanted a divorce. I am just looking to date, go have new experiences and explore life. So I dont have an issue with the person I am dating seeing other people, because I plan on doing the same. I want to make sure the next LTR i get into is with the right person and I feel I can only do that by dating multiple people. I could date a single person at a time, but then if it doesnt work out I would feel like I just wasted time, instead of maximizing its value. Also the ladies I date know I do see other people, I make this clear and they can either be ok with it or move on. At this point in my life I am just not ready for LTR, I hope to get to that point but im not there right now.

I am also not looking for a motherly figure for my child. She has a mother and since I am not looking for a LTR i dont feel the need to introduce them to my daughter.

M:43 W:33
M:10 T:11
D:6
BD 8/12/17
Divorce Final 1/23/2019
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard