Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
I thought nesting was leaving the children in the M home, while mom and dad took turns being with the children, while one of the parents stayed in a temporary place.

Exactly how would you benefit from this nesting arrangment? You already have a place to live when you are not with the children. Is she suggesting you rent an apartment for her to stay while you are in her house with her parents.....visiting her children? Wouldn't it be cheaper to go to her state, get a hotel room, and get the kids when it's your time.......rather than paying rent full time?

It sounds fishy, to me. Who suggested the nesting arrangement?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
B
black8 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
This arrangement benefits the kids and I was offered a place to stay by her family for free. We agreed to swap living locations while the other is in the M home. So no need to pay rent or hotel.

S
S
Yes, I know what nesting is and who it is suppose to be for.....but I guess you didn't get what I was saying.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
B
black8 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I asked for the arrangement. It’s the M home and I was not willing to stay in a hotel. Eventually, if I get an apartment, I can have greater visitation.

S
S
Quote:
I asked for the arrangement. It’s the M home and I was not willing to stay in a hotel. Eventually, if I get an apartment, I can have greater visitation.

What? shocked. If the couple is nesting, why wouldn't they have equal time? So, your W would not leave her place at all? I am confused by what you are doing, but the important thing is for you to understand the pros & cons.

B
black8 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
We don’t have equal time because I travel for work. She leaves and stays with family when I am there.

S
S
Can you give us an update? I hope you won't let your thread go cold.

B
black8 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for checking in, Sandi2. Things have settled down a bit. Have not been back to WAW in two weeks, but that is due to Spring Break with eldest kids. Invited WAW and youngest kids but was declined.

We basically have a separation agreement in place after 8 months of separation already. We stop cohabitation in September, which still puzzles me. Why wait? I have about a week per month in her house with the kids while she is there; else I am in other state or on business trips. Working with exW to change custody agreement to about the same number of days, just split up to two long weekends per month. While WAW still says she wants D, she now refers it to D scenario when I suggested I might get an apartment long term, as staying at her relatives when I am not nesting, is not good long term.

I have good and bad days. Mostly good, hopeful for R but accepting reality for what it is. I’m also not very patient, so at times I just want to give up. But I can’t. Sometimes I text WaW, other times use LRT, just trying to find the right mix.

B
B
Originally Posted By: black8
Sometimes I text WaW, other times use LRT, just trying to find the right mix.

I was going to tell you that you cannot mix LRT with other routes, but first let me ask: what is LRT to you?

M:46 WXW:40
T:20 M:13
D3,D8,D10
BD:11/12/16
D:12/14/16
OM confirmed 01/20/17
B
black8 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Last Resort Technique

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8