Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
T
T
Yo M......I sense a lot of frustration in your post. Are you having a bad day or are the feelings coming back again? Or am I completely wrong smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
LH:
Yeah, whatever fear that was there is completely gone. As for D, I still have time, but I know that the biggest fear that I had about it - that W would think her wanting a S was the right thing to do and I would come around to that thinking - is completely gone. I truly don't care at this point what she thinks. I'll do the D because it's for me.

J dawg:
I have been a bit frustrated, but more about why I am doing what. I want things to have a purpose behind them and my stand about not wanting to be the one to file D was driven so much by emotion. I feel like not wanting a D for me just continues a path of devaluing myself - why should I keep standing for someone who has no interest in being with me or values me? I was trying to find the reasons that made sense to me. And none of them do. Just trying to come to a place of deep understanding about myself so that I can make informed decisions.

No one is coming to save you!

V
V
Originally Posted By: Maika
There is time – at least six months – for her to show me something different. If not, I will file. I don’t care if it makes her think she was right about whatever. The only real DB philosophy that I will continue is NC/staying dark and self-improvement. I am done with her, but as AS says, give it a few more months and see if you still feel that way. The hourglass has started.

I agree that if come six months from now you feel the same way, then you should file. You would have been physically separated for a year, and if the W is not making any indications toward Recon, and you have been able to grow and detach, then you'll be ready. I also don't want the D, but now that my W has filed, I must do everything possible for my kids and my best interests. Sometimes this causes me to do things that will anger my W or make it less likely we will ever recon, but that is the nature of the D process.

------------------
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yeah exactly FC.

I felt like that standing for the MR and not being the one that files for D was the more superior position, and I got attracted to that 'superior' position rather than examining why I didn't want to file for D. When I did the examination, I couldn't think of a good reason. I don't care if it angers W or hurts some unknown factors for recon. If she wanted a different outcome, she's had every single day since the S to do something about it.

T
T
M....ok I get it now. I can tell you from my experience you are probably more ready to file than what you think you are and while I didn't initiate it I am happy and looking forward to being divorced.

I felt the same things you did towards the end, questioning why, how long, etc. IMO I don't think you can completely 100% detach while in limbo due to that ounce of hope you are holding on to. On the flip side while detachment is good for us (the LBS) I could feel my W gradually slipping away more and more each day as the separation continued and the distance grew.

It is a personal decision so I can't advise you on what to do other than to make sure you are at peace. I got to the point to where I was at peace with any outcome. If you are at peace then you have clarity.

I don't regret standing, I am thankful for the time my W gave me and I am thankful that she didn't rush into filing.

I know it's a hard decision but don't be scared. There is peace on the other side.

Married 14, Together 17
V
V
File for D because it is the best for you. And as your L advises.

In some sitches early filing is vital and in others in makes no difference.

To your future and those of your kids.

Cards, chest close any order.

You are no longer a couple, it's your interests that determine your future. A wayward like the G can play games with D filing, and you can lose control.

Extreme self care includes paying the bills and having money in retirement.

Just saying

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks J!

Yeah one of my biggest issues was with me being the one who initiated the D. But as I see it, I am basically living D without the formal paperwork. W and I don't talk beyond kids. I am completely NC/dark with her and vice versa.

She did send me a couple of random texts recently centered around the kids, but it was stuff that wasn't important. Kinda like, hey this happened and D is grumpy today. And I responded with something pleasant and chill and no response back. Weird, but don't care why she was doing that.

100% detachment is hard when there is this ambiguity, you're right. I've also felt that the situation has just been eroding over time.

I am at peace but I can't file for another 4 months is a bit annoying. But maybe I need the full 12 months to pass to have as much certainty as I would need.

I am with you about not regretting to stand. I think it was important to do that so that decisions aren't made purely out of emotion or impatience. But I am at a place where I feel a lot more stable and I am looking ahead. And I need a really good reason to continue to stand, which I don't have right now.

I also don't think I have it in the tank to go through piecing because I know that it has to include serious IC for W for a long time. That is something she will very likely not do. So, I know what my decision would be at that point. Because I know this I am thinking ahead.

I wish her the best, but I'm almost to the place of being done.

M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Quote:
File for D because it is the best for you.

Exactly. Thanks V! That's basically where I am getting to now.

T
T
M....I agree and can tell you I felt everything that you are currently feeling. I think it made easier with no proof of OM to stand but in the end and even now when I see her there is nothing there for me emotionally.

I was prepared to stand for a year. It would have been hard to continue without any movement on her part. If the general rule is 1 mth for every year of MR then I would think you will know what to do after the year is over.

I wish nothing but the best for her, I hope she is happy and healthy. TBH the D process has been very easy so far. My W and I have agreed on everything. L costs will be very minimal so I am grateful that we have been able to maintain a respectful relationship for each other throughout the process.

Married 14, Together 17
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
J - when you see your W now, does she even look like her past self? I see my W and wonder what the hell happened? I see her and she's nothing like her past self.

There is no proof of OM, but I have a very hard time believing that there isn't one. But, it's not even worth my time to investigate that or let it occupy my mental space.

I am still angry. It's like she's completely erased the past and is someone new and different. When I see that, standing for the MR just looks so pathetic.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard