Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
jbroken Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Guys, it's been a challenging day today so far. I focused on my work hard and forgot about my sitch for while. I'm really finding this GD phase quite difficult. Whenever my mind is not focused on the job, I'm back reliving this trauma. I really do hope this gets easier.

Me:35 W:35
M:5 T:7
NO KIDS
S: 3rd Nov 2016 to 4th Feb 2017
BD: 7th Mar 2017
GD: 6 weeks
D
D
Originally Posted By: jbroken
I really do hope this gets easier.

jbroken,

Hang in there; it does get better. It takes time. That's why GAL is so important. Like work, GAL helps you focus on other things.

J
jbroken Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Friends, I was just browsing through some of our pictures from nine months ago. It's strange how happy we look, in fact, how happy my W looks. I can't believe all this while she was actually planning her exit strategy. When I look at some of her more recent pictures it feels like I'm seeing another person altogether. I can't seem to recognise her. Any of you folks went through this?

I've started piecing together the last year - events, signs, words - to make more sense of the my sitch. It slowly feels like she fell out of love with me a while ago. Wonder if any of you went through the same process...

NO KIDS
V
V
1. Making sense of it all is futile. There is no sense to be made and the sooner you come to terms with it, the better it will be for you. I know you won't trust me on my word, but it's OK, you'll get there eventually.

2. Yes, we have all gone through it. Our spouses became an all together different person, similar to an alien invading their bodies. We have all spent COUNTLESS hours with the WTF look on out faces. Again, futile endeavour.

3. Look at the W's eyes. You will notice the absence of life in them. They are called shark eyes.

4. Again, we all went though the same $hit you are going through. What is remarkable is that all of our wayward spouses do the same stuff in similar order, they all use the same words and actions. In fact it is so much similar it's eerie. This is why it is called a script. They all follow a script so to say.

D
D
Originally Posted By: jbroken
Friends, I was just browsing through some of our pictures from nine months ago. It's strange how happy we look, in fact, how happy my W looks. I can't believe all this while she was actually planning her exit strategy. When I look at some of her more recent pictures it feels like I'm seeing another person altogether. I can't seem to recognise her. Any of you folks went through this?

I've started piecing together the last year - events, signs, words - to make more sense of the my sitch. It slowly feels like she fell out of love with me a while ago. Wonder if any of you went through the same process...

Going down that road will bring nothing but pain. Sorry to say, but it is what it is. There isn't any thing we can, or even should, do. Its their road and we must remember that. Sure, reminiscing is great - if, and that's IF, you can do it without pain. But as of now, you aren't ready for that. Put away the pictures, mementos, etc., and focus on yourself. Nothing else you can do.

Our spouses are on their own road, and that road doesn't include us. We must tend to our own and make sure our life is what WE want for us - no one else.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
B
B
Quote:

Yes, most of us have gone/going through the same and I can tell you that it does get better. It took time for your W to fall out of love with you and it will take time for her to get those feelings back. That is why so many people on here will tell you that this is a marathon. Use your time wisely to focus on things for yourself. I would def take Jeep's advice and put away all the pictures you have of her for now. No need to go through those until you are in a place where it won't cause pain to look at them anymore. Hang in there....min by min, hour by hour, and day by day my friend!

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
K
K
Originally Posted By: Vapo

3. Look at the W's eyes. You will notice the absence of life in them. They are called shark eyes.

I haven't heard this term before, but its so true!

M:39 W:36 - D1:2 D2:6
11/19/16 BD1: ILYBNILWY, EA/PA
Dec/Jan: MC, pursuing, not DBing
1/11/17 BD2: W wants 1 month break
2/1/17: Divorce Remedy. Start DBing
2/17/17 BD3: W - separation to start D process
D
D
Originally Posted By: KevinIn

Or is it a "don't give a shite" look?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
V
V
Originally Posted By: KevinIn

Kev, it is an actual MLC word.

J
jbroken Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for all your support doodler, Vapo, Jeep74, SAL27, KevinIn

NO KIDS