Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
C
I hear you Altair. If I went on a date now I would probably end up telling the poor guy about my woes!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
hahaha could you imagine? In between tears and sips of coffee and declarations you'd be snapping your wrist elastic!

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
C
C
OMG, i can imagine date exits stage left very quickly!!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

C
C
How are you doing Altair? I've started reading Pinn's threads again to give me some pma....

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Coly,
Hanging in there. Today is day 8. I've thrown myself into a new work project and am going into the office on weekends. Not the most exciting gal, but it does the trick. Yes, I find Pinn's threads very useful!

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
C
C
I think your doing great Altair and even if I don't envy you going into work at the weekend if it means it keeps your mind of your sitch then it's good!

I spent the day sitting for my twin niece and nephew. Very tiring but also fun!

Feeling a bit low tonight though, not sure why but it seems to have crept up on me again...

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Me too, feeling low. Day 9 of NC. (day
Attempting to be positive:
asked for NC, said his IC recommended it
did not ask for D, said he wanted more space (but if I need to file, I should do so)
told me to take care as we hung up

One reason I am so upset is how things have kept going downhill. After BD, there was lots of hopeful talk from H, like "i think we can work this out" then as the weeks went on it was "I am very depressed" then "My IC says we shouldn't talk for awhile". I wish it made more sense to me. Why would suddenly NC be the way to go after June-July barely seeing each other, Aug moving out, Sept, Oct few interactions, zero arguments, etc.
Yeah, so I hadn't seen him for 2 weeks, one texting convo, I'm just watching him drift away.
It's tough. Feeling hopeless today.

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
A
A
Altair - You can do this. We're all struggling but we can help hold each other up. How about you and I lean on each other for a bit and cheer each other on.

How about you pick one indulgence that is just for you and make it happen completely guilt free because you're on a vacation from H. For me, I just had a few chocolate chip cookies tonight. I have my roses regularly which are just for me too. How about a mani-pedi for you? With sparkles! Every day is a great day to sparkle.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you A.P. That brought tears to my eyes. One of those days.I'll have to think about an indulgence-- I know if I showed up at work tomorrow with a sparkly mani pedi my co-workers would REALLY think I'd lost it -- I can't do sparkles!

One issue making blues bluer: So, years ago I had a wisdom tooth, upper, come in, and the dentist pulled it out. OK fine, but as luck would have it, another one appeared on the xray in the same place! Well, I think it is finally coming in-- my mouth is killing me right there and I'm just dreading what to do and when- my whole week is booked with appointments, meetings, really important work stuff, you name it. AAAHHH! So on that note, a cookie isn't sounding too appealing right now. Maybe after likely dental surgery. So, flowers it is. I'm feeling like some tulips!

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
C
C
I don't think it's strange Altair that your H has asked for no contact a few months after BD. From your posts it looked like he wasn't working through his issues very well and when you were meeting up it was upsetting you to see him like that.

You are doing the right thing with going NC. I did it for seven weeks (I'm weak I know!) and Andrew has been doing it for months so we know you can do it! The first couple of weeks I cried every day but it did get easier, is easier even now.

I'm sorry about your wisdom teeth, I know what that's like! I had to have all four out because they were impacted!

LOL on the sparkly mani-ped I think my friends and family would think the same thing of me too! I think flowers sound like just the ticket to cheer you up when you are down. I love buying myself flowers. For one thing I get to pick what I like the best!

How is your work project going?

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard