Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I have had my son all weekend since Saturday morning when spouse dropped him off at 830am. As I typically do not have him for full weekends (save the one other time before) it has been a joy.

Yesterday, trip to the neighboring city for Arbor Day and we planted a tree together. Got the oil changed (brutal for him, but that's life, I thought it skced too), and then just some hang time on a playground. Today we watched a movie in the morning and played some more basketball. Started raining so came home and I got a nap in on the sofa while he watched some cartoons.

Now,,, rains is ending - time to play superhero figures with him...

"There is no more important fight than the one for ourselves. Keep on winning." Ginger1, Read her newbies.
BD: Feb '16
D: Mar '17
Piecing: Putting the self back together was my piecing.
S6

H
H
That's the man! Keep being a great dad. Your S will remember all this.

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
E
E
CT

Quote:
Eric, my PR comrade of recovery...well rested?

A little – If only I could hit powerball and retire on a beach somewhere….

Quote:
I feel like I read you live in CT

Indeed I do. I was born and raised in NYC though….and will ables be a new yawker.

Quote:
I actually feel really good alone. As in comfortable.

It’s a good place to be. Comfortable is the perfect word to use to describe it.

Quote:
You are correct, I did throw it in her face and I did use my son.

I am glad you realized it – now that you know…do better next time.

As for the like me comment….that was me trying to kid around. I am engaged to an amazing women and have been for a few years.

Quote:
Now,,, rains is ending - time to play superhero figures with him...

1) I hope he has a batman figure or at a minimum wolverine.
2) Enjoy these moments with him.

BTW, why do you not have your son for full weekends?

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
E
E
CT

Just checking in....you okay?

C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Eric,
Thanks buddy. Yes - OK. Full disclosure, did hit a speed bump above the posted limit, but recovered well. Explain in a moment.

First, about above - I knew you were kidding around about the "like" "like" stuff, why I joked back. Second - as I was partially raised from 10yrs old-15yrs old by a wonderful PR family, I so desperately wanted to make a joke about you most likely being from NYC (the capital of PR!) but I didn't(but I may just have) smile I love PR's - they have adopted me on many level. As a kid, as a preteen/teen growing up in D.C. and then as a young 20's adult when I follow a friend to Miami briefly. Full on family oriented. Least I could do was learn some Spanish,which I did, not well, but I can find whoooreyes, liquor, and a beach if lost in any Spanish location.
Third - 3 Batman figures and two Batman bases - the only bases he has. As well,the only vehicles he has are Batmobile and a Batcycle. Question - what knowledge can a son acquire which makes a grown man cry with pride? A hint - Who is the underdog that win's in Miller's the "Dark Knight". S5 does not believe in Clark. (emocon for pride nonexistent).
Last - I do not have full weekends with my son b/c that is not what spouse and I agreed upon. Simple as that, we split Fridays 2/2 per month and she takes Sat, I take Sun. Not sure if that is a thing in the real D world, but it works for us.

"There is no more important fight than the one for ourselves. Keep on winning." Ginger1, Read her newbies.
S6

C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
On the speed bump - Actually had very little contact with spouse in the past couple weeks. I personally did not mind as I think less contact is better than negative contact.

More story than I feel like telling - will if asked. Mostly an energy thing as I have written over 50 pages for school since Saturday and emails for work.,..but if asked I will. Long story short. Spouse and I had a mega up and and a mega down in the span of Monday-Wednesday. I felt strange in reflection - like all of me cared and none of me cared at points (it was not an argument or a fight, btw, it was an "I love you" from her followed by her friend contacting the next day telling me something of OM - so way fking annoying).
Anyway - I have also been huge busy with work - live on a southern coast where I manage land, hurricane Matthew coming (awesome BTW, wife's OM's name is same as hurricane). So, storm is dodging right, Woman at work asks me out for coffee today - I accept. I have liked her for sometime, kept my distance, knowing I am not available now. Today I accepted. Coffee+chick I like + very nice conversation = she certainly and blatantly states she likes me. X variable, ....me.
Randomly and even more unexpectedly. I get home with son, I am cooking dinner. Tet alarm goes off. I ignore. 20min later I look. Random lovely woman from college - Filipino philosophy major from college whom I mentioned before convinced me to buy "Little Prince" way back...the one I JUST MFING DISCUSSED W/ ANDREWP...yes her. Invite to a movie, out of nowhere she lives near me, asks if she can take me to a movie about The Clash, which is a band that I love. (Everyone should love). So, I leave it there. Just too fking weird. Her asking me to a movie from nowhere when I had just gotten done speaking about her was way fking weird.
My son is with me tonight. That is why I said no. If he were not with me, for which I made zero apologies to her for, I would have gone.

S6

E
E
Hey CT

Just checking in...are you okay? I know the storm hit you guys. I hope that everything is okay and you and yours were not impacted.

Oh...as for the dating thing....

Do you think you are ready to casually date?

C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
eric - yes, I am ok, and in more ways than one. The hurricane did hit - record flood levels. I am fortunately awesome enough to drive a Jeep Wrangler so the up to 4ft, got that. Judging by a vry unscientific survey, Honda Accord and Chevy Volt drivers - not so awesome.

Do I think I am ready? No...its been a few days. I have gone on a few dates during this journey, mostly from bad advice before I got here. I went on one since I got here and it went fine, great actually, but I am not available. I am not available.

The variable, my M. I still want my M. I believe in M. I have changed so greatly and know that I hold M in my hands. I know that I am strong enough to let it go or to keep it. I am in a new leg of my journey - guessing you are familiar with it? Where I know there is more than one future, in anyone of them I will be OK. I feel really good about that. It has not even been a year - not year. The limbo abides; my self knows more, I can be free to make my own choices. Right now, I still need and want to choose just me.

S6

E
E
CT

Quote:
I am fortunately awesome enough to drive a Jeep Wrangler

I just traded mine in. I’ll probably get another one once my lease is up. I picked up a loaded Grand Cherokee.

As for dating…..

Action vs Words – IMHO, Actions speak louder. Let me show you something…

Quote:
Do I think I am ready? No

Quote:
I still want my M. I believe in M

These ^^^ are words…

Quote:
I went on one since I got here and it went fine, great actually, but I am not available. I am not available.

This ^^^^ is action

Your actions do not match your words and IF I can see it…..so can your W.

Quote:
It has not even been a year - not year.

Yet you still went on the date. Not judging….just pointing out something for you to think about.

Quote:
Right now, I still need and want to choose just me.

Then focus on YOU – give yourself the time you need to do that. Dating may impact that.

C
CT1118 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: ericmsant2

As for dating…..

Action vs Words – IMHO, Actions speak louder. Let me show you something…

Quote:
Do I think I am ready? No

Quote:
I still want my M. I believe in M

These ^^^ are words…

Quote:
I went on one since I got here and it went fine, great actually, but I am not available. I am not available.

This ^^^^ is action

Understood.

Your actions do not match your words and IF I can see it…..so can your W.

Are you referring to the fact that I went on a date? Also understood if you are. If not please expand.

Quote:
It has not even been a year - not year.

Yet you still went on the date. Not judging….just pointing out something for you to think about.

Yeah...this gave me pause.

Quote:
Right now, I still need and want to choose just me.

Then focus on YOU – give yourself the time you need to do that. Dating may impact that.

True, it would.

When you do this...
This ^^^^ is

...what do those arrows pointing upward mean?

Thanks, as always. You should get another jeep, you will miss it. I have an '06 with the stright 6 AMC engine, manual 6 speed transmission. Love driving that thing.

S6

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard