Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
D
D
JksD,

The truth is, for many of my home improvement projects, I've looked at pictures of Tuscan houses and buildings for inspiration. I really like the old-world look that includes wood, iron and stone with a variety of patinas.

One evening, a few days after my divorce was final, every muscle in my body ached because I'd been doing so much work outside. I'd cooked some mushroom ravioli and marinara sauce and paired it with a fine cranberry ginger ale. That's when I decided I needed to watch a chick-flick. I searched through the movies and found "Under the Tuscan Sun." That was perfect; even if the movie wasn't good, I figured I could get some creative ideas. But, I enjoyed the movie and ate too much ravioli. What could be better?

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Doodler, I guess it's really a great pity that you're not in my corner of the earth. You're a great handy man and you cook. I could really use a friend like you IRL.

I don't know exactly what I can offer you in terms of IRL friendship. Help with the laundry, maybe? wink

I like the look of tuscan houses too. I like wrought iron, wood and raw bricks. But they remind me a little too much of the past.

In a psychological bid to cheer myself up, everything in the new place is white and bright. And simple.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
D
D
JksD,

Hop on a plane and come on over. I have a spare bedroom, or ahem, you might like the frontier-guy bed that I built (I'm partial to it). My British neighbor would welcome you you with a glass of wine. By the way, his brother is a wealthy man who lives in New Forest. He has a helicopter pad in his backyard. How awesome is that?

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Doodler, the important question is, are all your beds storage beds? I don't like monsters under the beds.

Hmmm... Is your British neighbour still showing you interest?

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
G
G
Doodler,

Your such a player.

Grl,

My ex was not handy at all. Just with cars. Around the house he was no good. Neither am I. It took him 2 hours to install a walmart faucet in our kitchen and he installed it backwards. So you put the handle down to turn it on. he refused to redo it, and decided to call it the "Eurpoean faucet"

I said handiness was a deal-breaker with anyone I might date. That might be me being a little picky.

I've been thinkin about taking some home improvement classes, perhaps you should too! We might learn something, plus, we might meet a guy who could do it for us.
I'm so bad, I know.

D
D
Originally Posted By: JksD
Doodler, the important question is, are all your beds storage beds? I don't like monsters under the beds.

Hmmm... Is your British neighbour still showing you interest?

JksD,

None of my beds are storage beds. In fact, the "frontier guy" bed is high enough off the floor that you can easily see under it. The only monster you might find under the bed is my little ferret. And, of course, the mighty doodler would protect any fair maiden from monsters and dragons.

D
D
JksD,

I forgot to answer your question about my British neighbor. He stopped showing interest when I told him that I only go for guys with big tool belts.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
Doodler,

Your such a player.

Ginger,

In reality, I'm not a player at all. I'm a one woman guy; always have been, always will be. I never understood how some guys could have multiple women. Once my heart is taken, that's it.

G
G
Just kidding Doodler. That's why we are all here. We are all generally monogamous people. I think you are a gentleman.

K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
I've been thinkin about taking some home improvement classes, perhaps you should too! We might learn something, plus, we might meet a guy who could do it for us.
I'm so bad, I know.

My ex was reasonably handy, I learned to do a few things on my own in my single days and then learned a few things from him.

My current boyfriend likes to tinker and fix things, usually he's good but sometimes he misses or doesn't know the obvious simpler solution to things. He charges in whereas I like to figure things out first - both approaches have their advantages, I guess. Sometimes I have to tread carefully though when I need to point out to him that he's doing something wrong!

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard