Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
SH_ Offline
S
Just checking in on Bhuda to see how he is doing.

I hope all is well and that you are progressing as planned and finding successes each day.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
B
Bhuda1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am doing ok. Wife and I are getting along. No discussion about M R at all. I am staying positive, happy and keeping busy.

I do admit I miss being able to hold her, kiss her and tell her I love her. I have decided to leave the past in the past and focus on life as a new and improved me. When the MR discussion comes up, I will not bring up the past. Nothing I can do about it but I have learned from it.

No signs that her feelings have changed but on the positive side, we are still sleeping in the same bed, having pleasant conversations and have made each other laugh on occasion.

It's hard but I am coping. I am worried that by living under the same roof, she is enjoying her. " cake". As I said earlier, I will not initiate any discussion regarding our sitch. The ball is in her court. I only hope I will be strong enough and choose my words wisely when that inevitable topic arises.

Don't count the days, make the days count.
Mohammad Ali
J
J5K Offline
J
You are doing great! Keep it up!

H-46 XW-38 T-7 M-6
S-9,8,8,6,4
S 11/30/15, I filed 12/8/15
EA 2/1/16 D dismissed 3/24/16
PA 3/18/16 confirmed 4/22/16
XW files for D 4/1/16 - D final 11/17/16
Finally moving forward...
S
SH_ Offline
S
Continue to be strong my friend.
Study DR closely and you will be prepared for the right time.
Have you tried a DB coach. They can be of benefit for preparing you.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
B
Bhuda1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yes I have and he has been very helpful. I am due to call him again. I admit it's been a while since I read the DR book. It's difficult finding the time to read the book in private.

I am coping with my present sitch. I find myself wanting to grab my wife, hug her, kiss her and see what happens but I know it would not work in my favour and be a step backwards with regard to my DBing efforts to date.

Still no signs from my wife that my efforts are working but no signs that it isn't either which in my view is something I can feel positive about. I still,have time and I won't quit.

Mohammad Ali
N
N
Hi Bhuda, we seem to be in a similar situation. 2 months ago my W wouldn't even look at me or even be near me. Now we are conversing, shes looking at me when we talk and im getting kisses on the cheek that are getting warmer and warmer. A month ago she wouldn't even give me a peck on the cheek and jerks away if i accidentally brush up against her.

While things seem to be getting warmer now I am not pushing for more cause like you i dont want to "pressure" her but from time to time i remind her im her husband and a man.

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
9Apr16-W admitted EA w boss.
27Jun16-W Changed job and promised NC w OM.
14Jul16-Continued contact w OM.Start of Separation.
24May17-Divorced.
S
SH_ Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Bhuda1

Still no signs from my wife that my efforts are working but no signs that it isn't either which in my view is something I can feel positive about. I still,have time and I won't quit.

I love the PMA you are demonstrating.
Hang in there, and you will be the person only a fool would leave.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

B
Bhuda1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It's been almost a month since I have posted anything. No news to report. Nothing changed. Sometimes I feel she is trying to get me to start a discussion by her actions, bitchy attitude, but I will not start any meaningful discussions. School year ends next week. We will see if she has the courage to start a discussion. She has never started one before when it came to our marriage. It was always me, usually after her showing me the same attitude and similar actions of the past.

I will not succumb to her baiting me.

Mohammad Ali
B
Bhuda1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I need guidance. This the last week of school. Still no idea if my DB efforts are working. The mood around the house is pleasant. No arguments, conversations are cordial and upbeat. Of course no mention of the M R

Would it be counter productive to say anything to get her to open the conversation. For example leaving an open ended question such as. "When you are ready to discuss our marriage I will listen"

I could use the advice. As it stands now, she has not followed through on her threat, but I don't know how much longer
I can continue without knowing her true intentions. She is having her cake.

Mohammad Ali
N
N
From what i read on the forums so far, they say to focus on you. To pretend "what-if" she is moving out, how are you going to get your life in order.

I'd avoid initiating any R talk at all cost. In my limited experience it has set me back each time.

Duct tape and move forward. Do you, make you happy.

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
9Apr16-W admitted EA w boss.
27Jun16-W Changed job and promised NC w OM.
14Jul16-Continued contact w OM.Start of Separation.
24May17-Divorced.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard