Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I contacted my attorney and she said to come in after being served the papers.... I'm interested to see just how "friendly" she intends to be with this proposal.

I'm just going to treat this like another day. Go home after work, work out, train the dogs, etc. Nothing changes except the full on implementation of LRT and continuing to focus on myself

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

...who doesn't love a lost cause?
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I contacted my attorney and she said to come in after being served the papers.... I'm interested to see just how "friendly" she intends to be with this proposal.

I'm just going to treat this like another day. Go home after work, work out, train the dogs, etc. Nothing changes except the full on implementation of LRT and continuing to focus on myself

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh, and the removing of that stupid 2 yr anniversary reminder on my phone.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

J
J
Oh Yeah, our 10 yr anniversary is 6\8. Fun times

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Im sorry to hear that, Jb9140. Hang in there bud

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

E
EDF Offline
E
Just chiming in to commiserate on the anniversary timing blues... Our anniversary is in a couple weeks, right during the big event we've both been training for for several months.

Here's wishing us all the strength to keep up the positive mental attitude during the challenges ahead.

Me, WW - Upper 30s
BD - Apr 1 2016
EA - Apr 7 2016 (discovered; ongoing for months; did not confront right away)
Confronted wife about EA - May 17
Wife sent NC email to OM - July 11
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
My W is now saying I need to stop ignoring her... She txt me the "attorney is filing today, let me know if you want to talk about it" around 9AM this morning. Never responded all day, she never re-contacted me.

She called me about 20 minutes ago, missed the call taking care of some dead limbs out back, came back to the missed call, and the text of "are you seriously just going to ignore me from now on? that's real mature"... (look in the mirror, woman).

anyways, I did call her back when I saw the call, as I'm not purposely trying to be the selfish, ignoring, person she thinks I am. She didn't answer. I doubt she'll call back tonight, but I'm re-reading my notes and validation charts just in case =)

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Coconut
[quote=cbtdad]
Cnut, your W wants you! She wants it to work by the actions she is doing
Remember that!

cbt I stole your quote from Cnut's thread... I TRY not to think about things like this, but I continue to want to prep myself for pretty much anything imaginable so I don't complete implode if a situation catches me off guard...

But i do sometimes think/write about what I will do if my W actually does walk through that door and says, "I've changed my mind, I do want to work on the M"... I've ran it through my head several times, and I still have no clue what would come out of my mouth if it happened....

But like I said, I really try to stay away from those kinds of thoughts too much, because I'm just trying to detach and make things the best for what they are right now... me being a married single man who's just trying to do what he can to conquer the world... alone.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ok, so apparently I had a post completed deleted in response to me asking WHY we can't talk about books we're reading on a public forum...

So, I'm being recommended by books, from my DB coach, and they are not MWD books. I hope I don't cause a fuss here, but I like to read! I'm a knowledge-horder. I'm just curious why we can't talk about books we're reading, we liked, didn't like, etc. when this site is basically designed to help people through troubling times?

If a mod can response, or someone who knows the rules, I'd appreciate it, If this is something that should be dealt with between myself and mods only, that's fine, but I don't know how to setup that conversation. I just want to know what I can, and cannot talk about in the book category. Is it only books by MWD? Only books by DB-coach recommendations? etc?

Personally, I understand why you wouldn't want people recommending books that might have conflicting goals of what DR/DB has, but come on, it's a book, it's only information, we still choose what we want to do with it afterwards.

Sorry for my rant.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

M
M
Originally Posted By: betterm
I continue to want to prep myself for pretty much anything imaginable so I don't complete implode if a situation catches me off guard...

Here's the thing. Your feelings and her feelings are going to continue to ebb and flow and evolve over time. So if you prepare something today, but she shows up with this dialogue the day before the divorce is finalized or 2 months afterwards or 5 years afterwards your thought processes could be completely different. I understand the need for preparation, but I dont think preparing for hypotheticals is a great idea unless you want to continually consider all of the potential iterations.

The key is learning how to communicate. Listening and validating are skills that need to be practiced, honed, and refined. But once you have them in your tool belt, then there is no "need to prepare".

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard