Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
B
B
small world eh? should be very interesting moving forward with your friend and h's workplace.

overall you sound great and things seem to be moving along. enjoy your vacation xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
M
mleigh4 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello, checking in live from legoland. S and I arrived safely last night, a 7 hour drive. Before we even got to the room, we made a quick stop at the bar to grab mommy a good cold glass of wine! At the elevator, another mom on her way to the room, screaming kids all around us, says I wish I had thought of that! Lol. It was well deserved. S and I had a nice dinner, he chose talking over playing games together. Huge moments for me!

H brought us breakfast yesterday morning before we left. I had a couple of questions about the house, while I had him there, and he was off and running to fix things right away. He is definitely an acts of service love language person. I need to try thinking up ways to return that. He got us off, checked the tires, wishing a safe drive, and checked in last night to make sure we arrived safe. We pick him up from the airport tomorrow morning.

I did not mention BFF new position at his company. She agreed with me that I will just stay quiet on that one. When he finds out, I will just say, yes! I heard! It's going to be interesting, that is his world, he may not like her being there, but not my problem. I get strange butterflies when I think about it, I hope it's only because of my long time fears, and not any surprises to be revealed. We shall see.

Time to pull my son away from the virtual world and into the real one. Thanks for the weather warnings, I brought layers to wear. It's actually a comfort knowing I am so close to many of my friends here!

I hope you all have a good day.

Me 48 H 46 S 11
M 2004
BD 8/13
H moved out 2/15
-live in the present, enjoy the beauty around and within you, explore your new future-
S
S
Oh! This reminds me of the Costco moment!!

Hope you have a lovely break. It does sound as though your H was helpful, and it would be nice to return the favour. Maybe a little baking or sending him off with leftovers?

I had to smile at the MLC Safari....I'm sure there are many kinds of vacations that would be made a little....erm more interesting.....by having that MLC twist. MLC cruising, MLC camping and so on...the list goes on and on.

Relax, enjoy and go with the flow. I'm glad your H decided to join you xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
job Offline
I'm glad to come here and read that you and your S arrived safe and sound. It will be a very interesting trip to see how he behaves in the "real" world.

I think you are wise to keep "mum" on BFF taking a position at his company. It may not click w/him, but if it does and he brings it up, you've got it covered.

So, now on to the safari...lions, tigers and bears, oh my! You just might get to see the wizard before this trip is over. LOL! Enjoy your time away.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
Enjoy the nice weather .... Been keeping up on you but not posting much .... Crazy you are literally 10 minutes from me lol

Ive been ready a lot and just wanted to say if anyone has done 'this' to the book it's you... Keep on being amazing and enjoy Legoland .... Spoil that kid!!

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

H
H
Mleigh - how do you like this heat wave? Safari Park must be a roaster.

Thinking of you and wishing you lots of laughs!!!

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
M
mleigh4 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ok so all last night I kept feeling anxious. Just having a bad feeling about H coming, wondering if this was a bad idea, I didn't sleep well. I heard nothing from him last night. Got up this morning and figured we will just plan on picking him up from airport.....but I kept expecting to get a text that he missed his flight.

Apparently he had a connecting flight at LAX. His first flight was delayed, the connecting flight left without him and two others. He missed the flight.

Ok so LAX is not far from where we are. He was panicking, fighting with airline, wondering if he should just fly back home and not ruin our day? I stayed very calm, told him he has 2 1/2 hours to meet up with us for 11:30 safari ride. I suggested he get a rental car and get on his way. He said ok, but I want a refund, I need to talk to this lady, where do I return a rental car? Again, I calmly told him, it will be ok, we will work all that out, but right now the clock is ticking and you can still make it if you go get a car.

Ugh!!!! I don't think he will make it. S and I are heading to the safari park and I am preparing for MLC to once again disrupt our world. He needs to just let it go, the plane is gone, get a freak in car and get moving!!! $160 his park and safari ride tickets cost!

Me 48 H 46 S 11
M 2004
BD 8/13
H moved out 2/15
-live in the present, enjoy the beauty around and within you, explore your new future-
M
mleigh4 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I was able to change the safari ride to 2:00. Thank you to the angel I spoke with at the park!!! H has 4 hours to get there. He is still stumbling around the airport, his phone is about to die, I just feel like crying. I am honestly worried that this is all too much for him, he sounds so overwhelmed. I offered to go get him but then realized he is farther than we thought and we would still miss the safari.

Deep breath, deep breath. God help him. S and I are now heading to the park and hopefully H arrives safely.

Me 48 H 46 S 11
M 2004
BD 8/13
H moved out 2/15
job Offline
I do hope that he can make the safari, but if he's not there, go ahead and do it w/your son. Try to enjoy the rest of your day.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
H
H
Ugh. So sorry. Try to be patient. I see the MLC fog day in and day out. It's very real and until you see it at work in the real world, you can't even believe it. He very well may be doing his very best. Unfortunately, getting places has been a huge issue for my h while in MLC. He gets lost a lot and that's even when he knows where he is going.

I will be very curious to hear from your BFF how he functions at work. I know they compartmentalize but I cannot believe they do not seem off in the workplace.

See the effort he is putting forth. It really may be his best and he may be about as capable as a teenager or young adult traveling.

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard