Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
M
If you want to go, go and make sure you have the most fun you have ever had in your life. That is 100% in your control. I would not invite her. This will be your first baby step of GAL without her. she will see you moving forward.

If you make it the most fun you have ever had, then tomorrow, your brain wont stop thinking of it. That will leave way less time to stress over what she is thinking.

You can do this! Go have fun!

Me: 42
H: 45
M: 18 yrs T: 20 yrs
D: 17
D: 15
S: 12
I kicked him out 8/21/15
I will DB until March 21st 2017, that is it!
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I don't plan on asking her to come with. So what do I do when she asks where I'm going. Out for awhile I'll be back later or at x time? If I say boarding and she indicates she wants to come do I let her or say no

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
N
N
Try to avoid her. If you can't, just say you're going to the hill, see you later.
Try to leave without her knowing. Leave a note and say I'll be home by X, don't wait up for me. And she'll notice soon enough that your board is missing, or that when you come home, it's got snow on it or whatever.
And go out with friends afterwards, and come home late!

Last edited by NYGal; 01/08/16 04:31 PM.

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
The issue I have with just walking out is my 2 boys at home with us. Not that she can't handle them. So it's a little harder to me to just walk out the door and because it's not just her and I. Also I can see her just packing them up and taking them to visit for the weekend out of spite for me going out. Like a 20% chance of that.

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I know how I can handle that tho. Because if she is planning on heading out again like she always does it will be right after work. And I should be able to get the boys to bed and still have a few hours to get out to the hill. Again I dont get upset anymore that she goes but my kids don't need to be exposed to her bouncing them arou. When the stability they have always known is in our house

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I talked to my therapist on the phone today. And she is in total agreement with everything I have been advised to do here and happy with how I am handling this

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Problem solved. Not going boarding tonight as a friend let me know there is a group going out so I'm gonna do that! Then tomorrow maybe board or take S3 and teach him to ski or board! Sounds like a great day to me!

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Not everyone will go listen or enjoy this. But justin bieber love yourself Heard it today and to me it's a great DB song

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Need clarification. In DB with WS we are to acknowledge they are taking their path and U.S. Ours. We cannot say anything to alter their path or choice. At the same time detach yet care and support. So in my sitch W potentially had a call for a job interview where she is moving to how do I approach this if she brings it up? The same as the moving talk i posted about earlier? I'm glad you got an interview. And leave it at that. Or add that I don't feel the need to talk about how your plans to leAve me are going?

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well that talk happened before I could get advice and I f' in nailed it! I had to go to her work to switch vehicles to pick up the boys from day care.
w: I got a job interview tomorrow!
Me: glad to hear that
W: it's exciting Be excited for me
Me: it's good you got an interview. I'm not going to be excited about what's going on with your plans involving leaving me.
She was taken aback and just kind of mumbled leaving you. And then asked me how my day was. I told her it went well and told a short 45 second funny story about that day.
She mentioned getting her nails done by a friend tonight to which I said ok. I am going out tonight so you will need to all babysitter.
Then she said she was sorry she didn't ask if I had plans earlier in the day.
then we talked about what to do for supper and I said sounds good I'm off to get the boys.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard