Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you Mona and Azzork.
Reading what you wrote puts into better perspective how I am approaching this. It does seem like a game when you mention it. And that isn't how I should be handling this.
As for OM talk I told her the other night it is disrespectful to me and she said she understood. When it came up last night I reminded her and she apologized.

Goals.
Focus time and energy on making children's life great. Bs pending more time and attention on them. Helping them cope with any issues in their life and being the parent I want to be for them
Focus on my apprenticeship and schooling right now. Complete my second year with knowlege and have the best grades I can achieve.

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks sandi. I know that if she makes any advances I cannot break down. I am not pursuing. And no! I did not ask about the other man at all. Never do. When she made the grumpy men comment I said I am not grumpy I have never been better.

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I never realized what I was doing. I felt like I was making great progress. And looking at what has been said I realize that I am playing and thinking about her. I do feel like a lot more focus has been on myself but I see I am getting too close. Thank you

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Now I know I am happier because I am focusing on doing stuff for myself that make me happy. At the same time I cannot include her in that. That seems to be te mistake I am making? Though I am trying to detach emotionally I am not distancing myself from her?

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Another goal for myself is to get into better shape by eating properly and working out once the gym here finally opens. Weight loss is not a goal. The depression of the sitch did that for me. Working out will be to tighten and tone. Ideally I will find friends who will be willing to come with. Going alone is no problem as well.

G
G8r Offline
G
Just read your sitch. I liked that you stood up for your 3yo. Could have left out the barb, but it can be hard sometimes.

I see that you're feeling good about your progress detaching. I hope that continues for you.

Me:44 W:38
T:10.5 M:7.5
D:3
BD: 7/2015
W moves out of MBR: 9/2015
WW files for D: 2/8/2016
T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So far at home tonight she is much more talkative and after having re read sandi's rules and LBH post as well as coach's post. I am approaching it I feel more correctly. Listening listening more. Thinking my responses through and if they are even worth saying to keep it to a minimum. Then focusing on my boys again and what I need to be doing. She is feeling sick so is looking for me to be there to make it ok and that's not my job. It's harder than te last couple days when I was approaching it wrong
The good thing is it hasn't affected my confidence and self worth. Self image or control of myself and emotions

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I may have a issue coming up. For the last 5 weeks W has gone away on weekends to see friends or see OM at first it sucked and was really hard to deal with. For the last 2 tho they have been getting better I spent time with the kids and focused on me not what she's doing. So the issue is I don't think she is going away this weekend. And now I am concerned how I am going to handle this. During the week our contact is limited to 20-30 minutes in am and 2-3 hours at night before the boys go to bed and I go do something without her around. So now I may be faced with her for 2 full days and there is only so much I can do away from her.

T
Tyler12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Also she told me tonight that she has the money for rent from the 15th to 1st. Not unexpected as she has been talking about moving for 2 1/2 months now. And tho I am not panicking that she will potentially be gone in a week. I still don't want her to go. I will miss her. I know I shouldn't worry about her and just focus on self. Still a tough thing coming up tho.

G
G8r Offline
G
It's hard not to miss someone that's been a major part of your life.

Me:44 W:38
T:10.5 M:7.5
D:3
BD: 7/2015
W moves out of MBR: 9/2015
WW files for D: 2/8/2016
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard