Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
WhyUs #2616406 10/16/15 12:05 PM
D
D
Quote:
If the JAG is aware and not doing anything(which I doubt will happen) then you need to head over to your senator.

May want to take it to the IG on base before going to the senator. Those guys don't F around...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2616411 10/16/15 12:23 PM
A
A
WhyUs and Evil_E, please be conscious that this beckyb's thread.

It might be better if you take this particular matter onto one of your threads, so you can discuss it at length and it's easy for others, who are following your sitch, to benefit from.

- Nobody has ever learnt anything important from happiness and success; problems make us grow
- Consult your plan, not your feelings
- If you haven't set goals, how can you expect to achieve anything?
Dawgs #2616414 10/16/15 12:28 PM
W
W
If by IG you mean Inspector General I am not sure that will work. Typically bases do not have an IG representative. They have auditors. For example--Army Audit Agency, Navy Audit Agency. The DoD has an IG but getting them to do anything will be a long shot.

Now, there may be some credence to going to the CI (criminal investigations). However, I am not sure they would even take it on. They are trying to deal with domestic violence, fraud, and other serious criminal activity. This type of thing is not going to be high on their priority list.

Same with the audit agencies and IG. This will not be high on their list of priorities. They will already have a list of audits they are planning to complete during the year. If they felt this was worth looking at it would most likely be a year down the road before they even started. Typically, audit agencies want to look at things that are going to save money--that is how they justify their budget.

Last edited by WhyUs; 10/16/15 12:29 PM.

Me: 30's W: 30's M: 12yrs
EA: Started 3/2015
MC Started: 4/2015
She moved out and served 6/2015
PA: Confirmed 10/5/2015
2 young kids

"If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything."
WhyUs #2616417 10/16/15 12:30 PM
W
W
Agree Avanti,

Heck, I'm not even sure who this thread belongs to at this point.

Last edited by WhyUs; 10/16/15 12:30 PM.

2 young kids

Avanti #2616419 10/16/15 12:34 PM
B
beckyb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
i do need to slow down and have a plan. Otherwise my impatient nature will take over.

I am going to send a brief text about the mail today. Then think about my plan over the weekend.

Me53
H48
M 13
No children together
BDMay '15
PA June '15
H moves out,files 8/15 wants "quick divorce" but does nothing
Me sending proposal 12/15, court dates upcoming
beckyb #2616427 10/16/15 12:41 PM
W
W
beckyb,

Avanti does make a really good point regarding the plan. I was moving along and not even using the plan that I originally came up with. My goals strategy and goals did not seem relevant anymore. The other day I opened up DR and started rereading it. I realized I needed to make new goals and a new strategy not that my sitch has changed. I am going to take Avanti's advise and have my coach give her opinion on it as well.

So, your decision to slow down and make a plan seems like a good one. It will also help you to see the small successes that you many not even be noticing right now.

2 young kids

WhyUs #2617090 10/19/15 12:41 AM
B
beckyb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Here's wrap up for the week. Looking back at my goals, over all I was inconsistent. I'm feeling pretty depressed and it's causing me to lose focus. Ironically focusing on my goals will help me out of the depression.

I just can't seem to snap out of this funk. Acknowledging that I want to save my marriage and knowing it's nearly impossible is very hard. I think it was easier when I was just trying to put it all behind me.

FYI, I hate living alone and hate the thought of being single again. I'm having a hard time trusting that God will bring good out of this.

I proactively contacted H on Friday. First time in a long time. I thanked him for changing his address at the post office and offered to hold on to any mail that comes until he is ready to get it. He replied. Ok. Thank you. We'll see what next week brings.

Had some friends over today to move some heavy stuff in my house and haul away a hot tub. I'm a few steps closer to having the house ready to sell. In return I cooked them a big meal. Pot roast, mashed potatoes, homemade bread and apple crisp. It's was delicious.

This week I plan to increase my physical activity and healthy eating. Those things have really slipped lately.

Me53
H48
M 13
No children together
BDMay '15
PA June '15
beckyb #2617097 10/19/15 01:47 AM
B
beckyb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So H texted to say the annual bill for AAA roadside service came to his house, and did I want to keep the service. I said yes and I would take care of it. He offered to split the cost for the next year. Interesting.

Me53
H48
M 13
No children together
BDMay '15
PA June '15
beckyb #2617098 10/19/15 01:59 AM
V
V
Originally Posted By: beckyb
Here's wrap up for the week. Looking back at my goals, over all I was inconsistent. I'm feeling pretty depressed and it's causing me to lose focus. Ironically focusing on my goals will help me out of the depression.

I just can't seem to snap out of this funk. Acknowledging that I want to save my marriage and knowing it's nearly impossible is very hard. I think it was easier when I was just trying to put it all behind me.

FYI, I hate living alone and hate the thought of being single again. I'm having a hard time trusting that God will bring good out of this.

Hey Becky! Finally getting caught up on here. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Been traveling and then got really sick, so been out if commission for over a week and have not had time to post. I agree that being single and dating does not seem like fun, though I must say I am getting more comfortable with the idea. Just think, you have the opportunity to focus more on you and reinvent who you want to be and who you want to be with. There are some positives in it all, but it will be a bit until we get to that point.

Quote:
Had some friends over today to move some heavy stuff in my house and haul away a hot tub. I'm a few steps closer to having the house ready to sell. In return I cooked them a big meal. Pot roast, mashed potatoes, homemade bread and apple crisp. It's was delicious.

Dinner sounds delish! Glad you had some friends to help.

Quote:
This week I plan to increase my physical activity and healthy eating. Those things have really slipped lately.

I hear you!! I have been going out to eat and drinking too much. I used to only have a glass or wine or two a week. It was up to 1-2 glasses a night for the past month. Need to do a bit of a cleanse before the holidays. I think getting back on track with that will also help your funk. I have been maintaining the physical activity except for during this cold I have. Jumping back to Bootcamp tomorrow. What activity can you start back up on next week?

Me: 42 H: 40
M: 12
H moved out - 8/2015
I filed - 8/2015
beckyb #2617100 10/19/15 01:59 AM
G
G
Becky, I think I might be responsible for your thread going astray, I am sorry!

Revisiting your goals is a good move. I was feeling emotional and scared and started refocusing on my goals just since last night and it helps. Now I am working on breaking them down into smaller steps. Going back to DB basics.

Inconsistency + poor nutrition+ lack of exercise+ acting on feelings instead of a plan = good recipe for exhaustion, both physical and emotional.

Also, your dinner sounds delicious, that is going on my menu this week.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard