Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
mutatio #2598250 08/16/15 02:47 AM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello again, after getting past the emotion of dinner I am disappointed that I let her actions get a rise out of me.

I am still grasping with my heart for a different reality.

Just posting here gives me the support I need to keep moving forward.I am glad there is a place we can all come for support.

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
mutatio #2598253 08/16/15 02:50 AM
A
A
Mutatio - it's perfectly natural to FEEL anger. It's a natural part of the grieving process. It's what you DO with that anger that's so important.

Wield it wisely, friend.

Azzork #2598266 08/16/15 03:49 AM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you Azzork the Wise. Your one of my current heros.

When my wife had her EA/PA in 2008 I chose to stop drinking and have not gotten angry in any real sense with any of my family since then. I have a real aversion to it since I realized it nearly did and still might have destroyed my marriage. I got angry when I started writing that post. I'm not sure I realized I was angry till I started typing.

Anger never brought me anything of value.

mutatio #2598341 08/16/15 02:35 PM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Another day, another disappointment. I am reacting better to it then in the past.

What makes them throw it all away so completely?

mutatio #2598422 08/16/15 09:20 PM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I need help guys. I really blew it today. I discussed our relationship and it worked its way to divorce. I told her about our states laws and how unpleasant it would be for her. She makes a tremendous more amount of money then me. She got very quiet and now will not discuss it will me. I told her that I didn't want that outcome. I am afraid she thinks I was blackmailing her or threatening her economically. I hoped by saying it she might reconsider her position.

How bad did I effect my situation? She was talking about divorcing fairly soon. That's why I panicked and miss spoke. How can I fix this? Please help, I'm freakin out

mutatio #2598428 08/16/15 09:58 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: mutatio
I need help guys. I really blew it today. I discussed our relationship and it worked its way to divorce. I told her about our states laws and how unpleasant it would be for her. She makes a tremendous more amount of money then me. She got very quiet and now will not discuss it will me. I told her that I didn't want that outcome. I am afraid she thinks I was blackmailing her or threatening her economically. I hoped by saying it she might reconsider her position.

How bad did I effect my situation? She was talking about divorcing fairly soon. That's why I panicked and miss spoke. How can I fix this? Please help, I'm freakin out

It's a step backwards for sure. Pointing anything like that out just sends a message that you think she's incapable or that she can't handle herself. Of course, that's not the intent - but that's their read on it anyway.

So, it happened. Oh well. Learn from it and move forward. There's no "fixing" anything. Just relax and don't do it again.

Azzork #2598464 08/17/15 01:07 AM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Azzork, I seem to fall flat on my face every few days. I guess it seems a little better and then I try to persuade her to give me a chance.

How do you stop asking your wife to reconsider when you love her and she is done with the relationship? What motivational techniques are employed?

mutatio #2598481 08/17/15 02:02 AM
A
A
How do you stop asking your wife to reconsider when you love her and she is done with the relationship? What motivational techniques are employed?

The same way you stop doing anything that doesn't work you cause you pain. You do it wrong enough times such that you realize you don't want to do it anymore.

How do you learn to not touch the hot stove?

Azzork #2598505 08/17/15 03:27 AM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My wifes mind seems to be made up in this moment. She says she does not know how she will feel in the future. If that is the case. I got stop talking to her about it now.

What have you people done when you had the urge to discuss the marriage? Do I have to avoid these discussions her completely?

mutatio #2598516 08/17/15 04:05 AM
A
A
My wifes mind seems to be made up in this moment. She says she does not know how she will feel in the future. If that is the case. I got stop talking to her about it now.

What have you people done when you had the urge to discuss the marriage? Do I have to avoid these discussions her completely?

Keep hoping someone else will jump in to talk to you, but....since I'm here....

Of course she doesn't know how she will feel in the future. Nobody can know how anyone will feel in the future. The key is that right NOW, it is clear how she feels. And that's why there's no point in having relationship talks right now. All you will do is force her to hurt you again and that's not good for either of you or your M. The only thing to do is respect her feelings and give her the space she is looking for.

That's why I said that about the stove. What's the point of doing something if you know it's just going to hurt you?

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard