kml Offline
K
Morning, JS
Thanks for the update.

Ellie

#257417 04/28/04 10:48 PM
MAL Offline
Hi JS.

I don't have much time, but wanted to say hello.

Good to see you posting again, and I'm glad to hear that you are hanging in there.

I remember that night with YS and the 2 girls. It was so funny!! He's a comical guy, just like his Dad!

Don't be a stranger. We miss you when you're gone.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
#257418 05/11/04 04:44 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all.

Well, I'm back from my househunting trip and it was successful. After wandering through about 20 houses, I found one that I thought W might like. I took a bunch of pictures, sent them back and was told my job was just to look, not make any decisions...SIGH....

Then the next day, I found another house, took more pictures and she actually liked this one so I was able to buy it. Score one for patience 'cause I was about ready to crawl through the phone the day before. Before I left, I told her I really didn't care what kind of house we got, I could live in an apartment and it would be fine. It would be better if she went up and looked.

But anyway, it looks like everything's going OK move-wise. The roofers should have our house fixed w/i the week and we should close on the new house right after we close on this one.

D's surgery is next week, then YS graduation, packing, moving...start new job July 1st. Everythings on track I guess.

Not much to report on the R front though. Still can't seem to connect all the way. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever get past it. I'm hoping this move will help.

We'll see.

Y'all take care.

jstx
#257419 05/12/04 07:56 PM
MAL Offline
Hi there! Welcome back!

Congrats on the new house. It sounds like things are moving along now. Wow! It seems like just yesterday that you got the promotion.

It's going to start going pretty fast from here forward I bet. Hang in there!

How did you like the new office?

I hope your W gets more involved with the move. It must be difficult taking that leap of faith. But you always seem to find the courage and patience to go for just one more day. I admire that.

I know you said she seemed to be showing some signs of enjoying life again (yard, house, etc...). Is that still happening? Pre-baby steps I guess you could call them - since I know you feel like it moves at a snail's pace.

I hope your D's surgery goes well next week. Has she decided to move with you for the summer while she recovers?

When do you actually move? I don't know if I saw that date anywhere.

Looking forward to the next update. Take care Big Guy!

{{{JS}}}

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
#257420 05/13/04 01:26 PM
N
N
How long was it b4 your W actually started talking about reconciliation?

Nitaf

#257421 05/14/04 07:53 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Nitaf,

I answered on your thread.

Hi Mal.

I move in mid-June. Close here on the 10th, close there on the 14th. But I'm pretty much done with what I need to do here at work and just hanging out.

D has surgery next week so I'll be off most of that time. She is coming up with us for the summer. W doesn't think she'll leave to go back to school next year either. Thinks D will transfer to a school near us. She's always been kind of a homebody, so W might be right.

YS moves with us too. But he wants to come back to Texas and spend time w/friends before he goes to college so I'm not sure how long he will stay in Missouri with us.

The big challenge is moving 5 cars w/3 drivers. I'm going to tow OS's car..he's in Iraq, and now D won't be able to drive so we'll have to tow her's as well. Might sell YS's car and let him have my truck when he goes to school. I could drive OS's car until he gets back then get a new one...

Not sure about that though. Seems like there is a lot of stuff going on over the next month or so. Just figure it will all work out.

The new office was pretty cool, and the new neighborhood seems nice as well. I'm looking forward to getting settled again.

Hope you guys have fun at the beach this weekend.

jstx
#257422 05/24/04 03:32 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

Just checking in. D's surgery went OK and she's at home hogging the couch now and "bi**hing all the time about how much her leg hurts. Didn't anyone ever hear about suffering in silence??? I tell her she reminds me of her mother and that usually shuts her up...or gets her madder..it depends.

Anyway, trying to get the house ready for YS's graduation this Friday...and of course the movers next week. Seems like so much to do but it's starting to come together.

I came in to work today to find out that they've shut my email down and removed me from the system a week early so I'm cleaning out my desk and packing my office up.

Won't be able to get back on the email band wagon until I get my new office in a month or so.

Well, that's really all I have. No earth-shaking news or anything...just real busy.

Take care.

jstx
#257423 05/24/04 09:11 PM
MAL Offline
Hi JS,

I'm glad to hear that the surgery went okay. I was thinking about her last week.

I doubt we'll be hearing from you much more until after you get settled again in the new place. But thank you for the update. You know how I worry.

Congrats to YS! I'll be joining you in a few weeks as S17 celebrates his graduation (if he passes Science ).

Good luck with the move and keep us posted as to how you are doing, okay? I hope it's a smooth process for you.

Take care Big Guy!

Love,
Mal

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
#257424 05/25/04 03:30 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Mal, and everyone else.

Hope everyone is doing OK today. I'm actually kind of bored. Finished packing out my office and I'm pretty much caught up on my errands associated with the house sale. So I'm just killing time until graduation this weekend.

We have family coming in tomorrow and D has to go back and see the doctor on Thursday but I'm pretty much free today.

Only thing really left hanging is the sale of YS's car. With D laid up for the summer, and OS in Iraq, I have 5 cars to move and only 3 drivers. I figure I'll tow OS's car but we've decided to sell YS's car instead of dragging it up there. We could physically tow it, but I really don't have a place for all 5 cars at the new house. It's a good little car and I thought it would sell pretty quick but it's been a couple of weeks now. I guess I'm asking too much.

YS has wanted my truck anyway so I figured I'll sell his car and drive OS's car until he gets back next year and let YS have my truck for when he comes back down here to Texas for school. I'll buy something new when OS gets back...maybe a convertable...I feel a MLC coming on. I need a convertable and an earring or something.

Oh well. I'll probably just get a new truck but I don't have to worry about that for a while yet.

Other than that, things are going OK. No change with me and W. We are both still here. She still hasn't let her guard down but she does seem to be getting excited about the move. D is laying around the house recoverying, and is usually grouchy. I keep trying to get her to take more pain medication...it makes her sleep, but she insists on sticking to the required dosage. I'm thinking of spiking her orange juice.

I did tell her I'd stop for Chinese on the way home and that seemed to cheer her up a little. Maybe it will be better after she sees the doctor. If not, well, I have made sure that she rides up to Missouri in W's car when we move.

Not much else to say here, so I guess I'll stop rambling. Time to start thinking about lunch anyway.

Y'all take care and I hope you have a great week.

jstx
#257425 05/25/04 03:38 PM
N
N
Good Luck!

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard