Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
#257396 03/12/04 07:17 PM
MAL Offline
JS,
Thanks for stopping by my thread today. I appreciate all the support you've given me. I'm honored to call you a friend.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
#257397 03/12/04 11:43 PM
C
C
Hi jstx,

I just have time for quick post right now, but two things jumped out at me while reading your thread.

1. Lexapro does work quicker and with fewer side-effects than the other anti-depressants. Even though it does not have an "anxiety" indication, clinically, we are seeing that it helps for anxiety as well as depression.

2. During my alien invasion, I asked a male friend of mine what would drive him to have an affair and want a D. I explained to him that my H and I had no financial problems, we had a good time when we were together and we rarely argued, but I had a job where I travelled every week. I was only home on weekends. My friend said that my absence was the problem...it pushed him into OW's arms. My H needed attention and I wasn't there to provide it. No amount of phone calls or gifts could make up for that. I busted my D, but I also have a different job (working for the same company).

Christine

I am the master of creating positive energy and love in my own environment. I am the source of love in my life. It starts with me! This energy radiates from me! It gives me strength, courage, wisdom and grace!
#257398 03/16/04 12:21 AM
S
S
Hi jstx

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the post, I really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

I also have a WAW that seems to remember ever word from a fight we had years ago. Does that sound like letting go?

#257399 03/19/04 09:26 PM
MAL Offline
I couldn't bear to see you on Page 3.

Post an update when you can and let us know that you are doing okay. We miss you.

Even more of the same is okay -- that's what we're here for. Maybe it will help give you the strength and courage to keep fighting the good fight.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
#257400 04/04/04 11:30 AM
hey JS,

Just sitting here in COLD Michigan thinking about how last year a bunch of us were about to converge on Austin for a great weekend. I miss all of you guys!

chillywater
#257401 04/04/04 09:31 PM
MAL Offline
I think it's about time for another update, don't you? It's only been what?? Like 3 weeks or something???

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
#257402 04/11/04 01:10 PM
MAL Offline
Happy Easter JS!

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
#257403 04/14/04 02:27 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, it's been a while and I figured I might as well relieve Mal of the burden of keeping my thread alive. (Thanks Mal )

And look who dropped in! Chilly! How's it going girl? It has been a long time. A year since y'all came down? Well I guess it has been that long. I hope everythings OK with you and the little one.

I haven't posted much because not much has been going on. I've decided this Piecing cr@p really sucks! Nothing moves forward very fast and you get to backslide in a heartbeat. Where is the justice in that?

W has been steadily getting more and more relaxed. It's pretty obvious when I step back and watch. At the same time, my frustrations at the pace of things have been growing as well.

Add that to the upcoming move and it's been a little tense around the ole homestead. But we have continued to muddle through. After a pretty significant arguement over the past two days, we actually had a long conversation last night that I think made us both feel better. Not sure we solved anything but at least I felt like she was honest about how she feels and was listening to what I had to say too. That's new. She usually clams up and stares into space..or walks out of the room when I get a chance to say anything.

As always, we'll see how it goes but I think the medication and the improving weather have really helped pick up her spirits these past couple of weeks. Thank God!

In other news:

Looks like we have sold the house. Accepted an offer yesterday and should start moving the second week of June. Now need to find a place in St. Louis.

OS is doing OK in Iraq. Says it's kind of neat and kind of scary at the same time. Also said he might get promoted soon...We must be getting desperate...(j/k) he's a good guy and really does impress me when he decides to work at something...just usually too busy chasing women...Probably kind of difficult over there though. In the meantime W doesn't want to watch the news at all and doesn't want me to talk about what OS is doing. She gets kind of upset when she thinks about it.

D is still seeing her new boyfriend. Says she thinks he might be getting too serious though. That's my girl! She has a new job, loves her car, and is pretty stressed at school this year. I think W is trying to convince her to move to Missouri with us. I don't mind, but I think she'd really like to stay and graduate from A&M. Again, we'll see.

YS is still a smarta$$, but he finally got a job...working at McDonalds. All he was doing around home was eating and laying around. He quit work when football started last year and I think he had visions of "chillin" until college started...

I have been getting some work out of him by playing on his guilt...and the fact that he still needs spending money at college. Sometimes it works, but in the back of his mind, I think he figures he'll latch on to some rich Babe who'll take care of him. Eventually, he'll learn.

That's about it from this neck of the woods. Just trying to take things one day at a time and stay out of trouble.

Y'all take care.

jstx
#257404 04/14/04 02:55 PM
ST. LOUIS????? YOU'RE MOVING TO ST. LOUIS????? WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT?????

Seriously, if you need advice on where to look, let me know.

As far as the sitch, it's the same old concept: Patience, Baby Steps, More Patience, Validation, Even More Patience. It takes time but you ARE piecing and that's the important thing. Unlike many folks here, you're headed in the right direction and that's comforting to know.

#257405 04/14/04 03:18 PM
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Charles,

Thanks. I'm supposed to be working up near the airport so I'll probably be looking in the NW area. I did get a referral to a realtor but only just talked to her yesterday.

I'm open to suggestions.

jstx
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard