Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Any other suggestions or ideas on how I could have handled that differently? Anything new moving forward? Just a lot to take in and learn and want to try and grasp as much as I can, so I can take action as it's happening instead of after the fact, more often.

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
BD - 12/26, Divorce Filing and admits to affair (her) 4/18
I moved out 5/23
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Wow! Went to my attorney and my ww filed a temporary order to kick me out o the house and had signed by a judge. Not sure why and my l needs to talk to hers but my l said if they can't work it out its her word against mine and normally ww wins those! Really scared

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
I moved out 5/23
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
She essentially is claiming that I raped her which isn't the case. I pursued sex and she said ok and even initiated on her own but felt she did it because she was obligated to and then hated herself for that.

How do I come back from this? Not even just legally. How does the lrt and other things help? This is coming out of nowhere and obviously I can't talk to her about it and have to pretend everything is ok.

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
I moved out 5/23
H
H
on what grounds was the order to kick you out of the house?

Was made a better person by DB'ers
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Temporary order. Didn't say. My l is going to find out from her l. But my l said the fact that a judge signed it is concerning. If she told them I raped her or believes that, that could be grounds enough I'm guessing.

Even though the last time we had sex was 5 months ago and she's lived with me since and never filed a police report or tried to leave ever. Seems like a reason just to kick me out after she filed

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
I moved out 5/23
C
C
Actually this is why LRT is so important, if you were not speaking right now that might be a defense for this alleged crime.
I have heard this happen before.

PROTECT YOURSELF!

Me-70, D37,S36
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
My attorney said she isn't sure why that was in there, but seems odd it would be due to concerns about her safety, as there is no restraining or protection order in there. You would think there would be if the judge and/or attorney felt that way.

So, help please! Regardless of the legal stuff, cuz my attorney can do that - what do I do in regards to interacting and being around my ww?! I need an action plan.

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
I moved out 5/23
J
J
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Actually this is why LRT is so important, if you were not speaking right now that might be a defense for this alleged crime.
I have heard this happen before.

PROTECT YOURSELF!

I am just asking, but why would LRT be a defense? Not speaking I mean? It is still her word against his.

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

W
W
Rip,

I would want to go back to the L and ask her the following questions:

1) When will the order go into effect?
2) What are your options legally?
3) What would you advise me to do while I stay in the same house as W? Not interacting with her?

We cannot advise you as it is a legal matter and I think your L would be the best person to answer your questions.

If I were you, I would not be in the same room as W is in the house. If she tries to bait you, tell her calmly, "I am very deeply saddened and hurt by your recent actions and I have no desire to have adversarial interactions with you. I have zero interest in it. Please leave the room."

I'd wait until you after you've received advice from L and ask her what you should say to W in the event this sort of thing comes up in the house.

I am so so sorry that you're dealing with this.

Last edited by Wonka; 04/28/15 08:15 PM.
R
Ripken8 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Already asked

1) order wouldn't go into affect for a little bit. My l will talk with hers tomorrow and just try and remove it altogether. If that doesn't work we have a hearing in 2-3 weeks. Either way, would be 4 weeks or so down the road
2)Options are the ones above, but if it goes to hearing, my word against hers and a toss up
3) L said not to talk with her about this and just have it go between attorneys, however, did say that I can be cordial and interact as normal.

So - with that being the case. How should I interact with her? My attorney said since I was interested in saving the marriage, telling her l that and that I was willing to do counseling could help. I told her no and that she already knows I don't want a divorce and that may push her further away. If ww brings this up, I'll just let her know my l is reviewing it and leave it alone.

So aside from that, what's my game plan, here?

M-33
W-33
S-11, S-8
M-11, T-14
I moved out 5/23
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard