Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: mahhhty
I think sending a nice text is fine, showing support in a positive way. However, BE PREPARED. She is a victim and you are the devil (no offense, you know I'm here for you). So sometimes not responding or cutting it short is appropriate and the best course of action.

Hello Mahhhty,

I know exactly what you mean about me being "the devil." No offense taken at all. grin

Very good advice. I am going to wait until next week to contact her and ask how she is doing. Wonka is helping me with this.

What a good reminder to be prepared! She may try to draw me into an argument to test me.

You rock!

Thank you.

Bob

Me:55 yrs/W:51 yrs (has MS)
M:14 yrs
T:15 yrs
No children together--3 each from previous marriages
Wife Moved Out: 10/19/14
Wife Filed for Divorce: 10/20/14
Divorce Final: 10/21/15
C
C
Bob I dont have any advice but just wanted you to know that I am somewhat following along, and that you seem to be doing well.
Also good job posting on others threads, you are a great example to other newbies about that. smile smile smile

Me-70, D37,S36
W
W
Originally Posted By: Bob723

Anyway, yesterday I was thinking of texting my W today to say something like "I can't believe D is 19 today." Why would I even want to? Thinking it was something light, easy and fun. As I'm writing this, I have a feeling my W remembers her Step-D's b-day. I would've posted my idea on this forum first, but Wonka "beat me to the punch."

Journaling is helping. In doing so, I realized that my W probably would've felt like it was an excuse for me to contact her. Honestly, she'd be right.

Yeah, good thing that you took the time to think this through first. So to summarize: no TEXTING for about 1 full week from today and on.

And don't you dare to blink first here... smile

I think sending a nice text is fine, showing support in a positive way. However, BE PREPARED. She is a victim and you are the devil (no offense, you know I'm here for you). So sometimes not responding or cutting it short is appropriate and the best course of action.

In Bob's sitch, you need to remember that his W has MS and other health issues. Please go back and see his W's email/text when she flat out told Bob "if you really care" when it came to her doctor's appt. I think it is important that Bob reach out and show concern for her wellbeing.

That is being decent and considerate. One cannot always stay dark alllll the time.

I only have to say one word: Thornton smile

Last edited by Wonka; 04/22/15 06:32 PM.
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Bob I dont have any advice but just wanted you to know that I am somewhat following along, and that you seem to be doing well.
Also good job posting on others threads, you are a great example to other newbies about that. smile smile smile

Hi Cadet,

Thank you for the encouragement and your kind words. I am happy to assist and very humbled by your comment. blush

Take care of yourself, please!

Bob

B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Wonka
Yeah, good thing that you took the time to think this through first. So to summarize: no TEXTING for about 1 full week from today and on.

And don't you dare to blink first here... smile

In Bob's sitch, you need to remember that his W has MS and other health issues. Please go back and see his W's email/text when she flat out told Bob "if you really care" when it came to her doctor's appt. I think it is important that Bob reach out and show concern for her wellbeing.

That is being decent and considerate. One cannot always stay dark alllll the time.

Hello There Wonka!

Thank you for your additional points. I am happy you added them. I meant to add a little more when I replied to my buddy Mahhhty, but had to head into a meeting.

Question for you: What is the reference to Thornton about?

Thank you.

Bob

C
C

He used to post here.

Me-70, D37,S36
W
W
Thornton was a former poster here. That's all I am gonna say here.

M
M

Totally Agree!

My message is to only be prepared. She has caught Bob off guard previously.

Me: 32 W: 29 T:8 M: 6 D4 S2
M - 8/2008
W is not happy - 1/2014
W wants D - 9/2014
W moved out - 11/2014
D filed - 1/23/2015
D'ed - 2/25/2015
Gave X the Letter - 11/10/2015
B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Cadet

He used to post here.

I had a feeling that was the case.

Thank you Cadet!

Bob

B
Bob723 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thornton was a former poster here. That's all I am gonna say here.

Wonka, thank you, too. For some reason, that was my guess.

Have a good evening Wonka!

Bob

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard