Thinking of you today.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
M
M
I'm sorry that's how today went. Hugs for you.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks RD and Jefe. The issue was a conversation at breakfast that I found awkward, disrespectful, and just generally clueless about me in general. I texted him my feelings later and he was dumbfounded at my position. He hasn't given a flip about my feelings our whole M. My opinion, yes, I'm a clever girl, but apparently not allowed to have real human emotions. Anyway, I suppose the moral of the story is that those breakfast conversations can't happen if I don't attend breakfast.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
S
I'm sorry that convo was insensitive and disrespectful, rpp. You're right though, not attending breakfast will prevent bad breakfast convos.

Who are you going to breakfast for? The kids? Him? You?

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Ss06

Who are you going to breakfast for? The kids? Him? You?

The kids. S19 was home this weekend, and it was dad's weekend for D12. I find it near impossible to pass up spending the time with her on his weekends.

L
L
Hi rpp, sorry to hear your H was being a jerk at breakfast.

I wanted to step back a page to something you and Maybell were talking about. How your Hs are charming successful and will not fall flat on their faces. (That's not what Maybell said but that was the topic) That H will be fine and the only thing he will miss is your shared history.

I see what you are saying but I don't agree. While it may be more dramatic in situations where the WAS life crumbled upon leaving - homeless, no money, drama... I also think that the person who seems on the outside to be doing just fine can be suffering just as much on the inside.

For example, my H is good looking, successful and young. Since BD (7 month) he has dated and had sex with more women than he had in his entire life before that. He's meeting hot new people and partying with them all the time. He has a swanky apartment. He has a fancy job. You get the idea.

He is miserable. I can clearly see it in his eyes and he even says so.

Sure all these outer successes might make him feel like he's doing great but he doesn't feel great.

And I've seen it with many other guys I have known in the past. On the outside they are living the good life: nice car, hot women, good job. But what they miss is that GOOD KIND SPECIAL best friend who understood them and who they had a bond with. It's a huge factor.

I know you basically said this, but I just wanted to repeat it.

Rpp you sound like a super amazing lady. Your H is an idiot.

Hugs, Lisa

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Lisa. It must be difficult for you to watch your H and see he's miserable but yet doesn't see you as the solution to that. In my case, H seems just fine. He seems happy as a clam, and we talk about nothing at all. No indications that he has anything less than a perfect life. Maybe it's there on the inside, but you think something would slip out if he was truly unhappy.

Still, I am grateful that he's being a good dad, is being attentive to the house, being helpful to me in a friend kind of way. Heck, he even issues booty calls from time to time, which is almost flattering. Maybe that's going to have to be enough for now. Maybe that's going to have to be enough for a long time.

Last night I had a dream that I was sitting at a table in a restaurant with a group, and I was flirting with a guy that was clearly into it. But when I woke up from the dream, and thought about it logically, I estimated the age of the guy to be somewhere in the realm of possibility of being my S. (My own S is 19, but I could have easily tacked on 10 years to that.) Ewwwww.....way to kill the fantasy. Maybe I'm not ready to date after all.

B
B
Maybe your flirting partner appeared young in your dream because it was a representation of something fresh and new to you? Maybe it was because you are used to flirting with a mental midget? Dreams are so amazing because you can take WHATEVER you want from them.

Great job on the NC day ;-)

RPP you are riding the rollercoaster more than usual. This too shall pass.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: bdub
Maybe your flirting partner appeared young in your dream because it was a representation of something fresh and new to you?

RPP you are riding the rollercoaster more than usual. This too shall pass.

bdub, I love your take on the dream. In general, I think dreams are largely a file purge, cleaning out what's not useful, filing away what is. I do believe that some dreams are significant, however, that there is meaning attached. I don't know that this one is significant, but seeing it as a sign of fresh, new, and exciting is something I like. wink

And yes, I am in a period of ups and downs way more than usual. But I'm aware that a big chunk of that is my health and job issues. If those had not taken place, I think my R with H would be a lot more stable. Or maybe not. Maybe it took those things to show me what a good friend and a good X he could be.

J
J
Its interesting that you took not wanting to date a 20 year old as not being ready to date.

You've got a lot going on but hopefully things will level out in a good place for you soon.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard