Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
U
U
Oh and we see you trying to figure this out and wanting to do the work...that's why we are pushing you hard. smile

C
CaliGuy Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: uRworthy

Originally Posted By: Cali

Tonight I have my RCIA class, looking forward to that, its my routine and I never miss once I commit to things, I am predictable that way. But this is a 180/GAL for me .. so that's kinda "dangerous" right??

Whatcha mean by that? ^^^.

Sorry T2 and uR ... missed that you wanted clarification.

Ok the "dangerous" part ... was joking. But as I have touched on a thread or two ago on this subject I am torn on this issue but after having some questions answered by the Deacon I have accepted my situation with it and as I need to remind myself .. Give it to God and let the chips fall where they may.

The RCIA is the program I attend to become Roman Catholic. When W and I married, we married in the Catholic church on campus where she went to school. We went through a few classes, even did a retreat as part of the churches requirements before being allowed to marry there (With me not being a practicing Catholic) ... I even had to sign a document promising I would raise S as Catholic. I never had a problem with that ..... then during my dark days, was last Jan/Feb I hit rock bottom emotionally .. I recall firmly .. in my room, dark, got on my knees and let it all out, asked God to come and save me ... I also set up an IC appt. I was at a point I either started living a new life .... or knew the life I was currently living would kill me. So I started reading .. attending church, for the first time in my life I felt at home there ...not like before when W would get upset once a month and I would go to keep the peace. So during the next several months W and S would join me her and there .. then I realized... how can I raise S Catholic when I am not? Seemed all the sudden so hypocritical of me .... so I started the process and ironically S and I will have our First Communion on Easter at the same time. It is important to me, to be the spiritual leader for my family .. at least currently for S, he enjoys going to church with me. As far as W .. I am very cautious on how I approach her with this subject. I have just accepted she knows I go, she is welcome to join, and I just leave it at that.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

M
M
Originally Posted By: CaliGuy

The RCIA is the program I attend to become Roman Catholic. When W and I married, we married in the Catholic church on campus where she went to school. We went through a few classes, even did a retreat as part of the churches requirements before being allowed to marry there (With me not being a practicing Catholic) ... I even had to sign a document promising I would raise S as Catholic. I never had a problem with that ..... then during my dark days, was last Jan/Feb I hit rock bottom emotionally .. I recall firmly .. in my room, dark, got on my knees and let it all out, asked God to come and save me ... I also set up an IC appt. I was at a point I either started living a new life .... or knew the life I was currently living would kill me. So I started reading .. attending church, for the first time in my life I felt at home there ...not like before when W would get upset once a month and I would go to keep the peace. So during the next several months W and S would join me her and there .. then I realized... how can I raise S Catholic when I am not? Seemed all the sudden so hypocritical of me .... so I started the process and ironically S and I will have our First Communion on Easter at the same time. It is important to me, to be the spiritual leader for my family .. at least currently for S, he enjoys going to church with me. As far as W .. I am very cautious on how I approach her with this subject. I have just accepted she knows I go, she is welcome to join, and I just leave it at that.

IF you genuinely are doing it for you, then you don't have to explain anything....

C
CaliGuy Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Mach1
Originally Posted By: CaliGuy

IF you genuinely are doing it for you, then you don't have to explain anything....

I am completely doing this for me ... but it was brought up earlier about the danger of being "Holier than Thou" and the stigma that comes with that .. so I have been very aware of anything I might share that could be perceived as "judgmental" with the W.

M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

T
T
I was confused by the "180", consistency, and "dangerous" part

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

U
U
I was confused by the "its my routine and I never miss once I commit to things, I am predictable that way." part. LOL!

C
CaliGuy Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well it now appears I have a communication problem ... I thought I was just being funny .... lol

Hope it is cleared up. On of those things I "like" about myself is commitment, sports, clubs, saying I will be there at 3 .. I am there at 3. I am dependable that way .. and with the RCIA class .. once I start something .. especially something so important to me .. I do not stop.

M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

U
U
Nah, Cal, you communicate just fine. I guess I was curious as to why you included that in your post. I can see that you are committed or may be committed...one of those..LOL!

R
R
Originally Posted By: uRworthy

You saying I am wise reminds me of a funny story. I had a meetup with a few of the people from here. We met for lunch. So, in I walk. I have been known to use colorful language at times. I am from Brooklyn after all. So, I notice one of the woman looking at me kinda strange. I asked what was wrong. She said, "Ok, you look and sound nothing like what I pictured." I asked what that was. She said, "I pictured you as this quiet, little old lady." LOL!

I am a lot of things...a quiet, little old lady is not one of them.

And no comment from the peanut gallery, Mach and T2. smile

LOL I remember that UR! So sorry! I know better now! Sorry to hijack your thread Cali, but couldn't stop laughing at that memory! Caliguy, you could not ask for better life guides than UR, T2 and Mach, honestly. Believe me, when UR tells you that she is pushing you because she sees you willing to do the work and trying to figure it all out, she will push you thru to the other side. Best of luck to you.

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
W
W
Originally Posted By: RosaLinda
Caliguy, you could not ask for better life guides than UR, T2 and Mach, honestly. Believe me, when UR tells you that she is pushing you because she sees you willing to do the work and trying to figure it all out, she will push you thru to the other side. Best of luck to you.

Yeah, all the way to the Great Wall of China!! wink

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard