Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Ok Job. Focusing on today. That's the plan. Letting it all gooooooooooo...which sounds a lot like GOO, as in Goop.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
That was awfully kind of you to say Matt. You didn't know the Heather of two years ago! Lol. I've been on the boards for two years, October 6.

It's all about time Matt. Allow yourself to process these changes in a way that works for you. Face your worst fear. :-)

Went for a walk with D12 and choc lab tonight. Life is good. I will figure the obstacles out. Learned today that I only need to be in the big newsroom on Mondays and Tuesdays. This means D12 can come with me to my office on Weds., Thurs., Fridays.

Thanks for alllllll the support guys!! Wouldn't be here without you :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

M
M
You are in a good place, Heather. It is beautiful where you are. It says something that d20 recognized that. For a 20 yr old, that is good. Appreciation of life and environment. That, in my book, is good. She has some Heather in there, for sure.

I am glad things are working out. I am so excited for you. Let me know when you are ready. I am so coming up for a visit. Breakin in NY.

Heather, you are so above the nonsense. I'm sorry you are so disappointed by your friend. It is clear she has some things to work out herself. If she never does, that is not your problem. You are on to bigger and better things. You have no one holding you down anymore.

I love Shining's post to you. It was great and gave a great visual of what you are not missing out on. You have your girls and a great view around you. A future which is yours to claim. The unknown is great for you, because it is in a positive direction. Wait till Christmas... you will love it here.

So glad you are well.

W
W
Heather,

It is great to read that you guys really love the area and you're really liking the new job. A new chapter for you and it's up to you how you want to write it.

A word about the attorney's fee. I am thinking that there's no real urgency in paying him NOW. If I were you, I'd prioritize and ask that you pay later when you get on a more firmer financial footing after you get more paychecks from work. The first month is usually rough as monies are used up front to pay for things such as the moving truck, first/last month's rent, utilities, and on and on.

Attorney can wait a bit longer. This way, you can store away some more money then you'll be ready to pay him.

Make sense?

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Wonka,

I was really starting to panic about money and I don't want to live like that anymore.

I did pay my atty $1000 today which only leaves me $392 in the bank. I should have borrowed more from my dad to start, but I'm not asking again.

We ended up leaving a bunch of stuff because we ran out of space in the truck. We left with the things that meant the most to each of us, but will need to pick a microwave (ours was on its last legs), a couch, some chairs and a table.

We still don't have wifi...it was supposed to come today, but they goofed. I plan on heading to the library in the morning.

I've paid the atty $2350 in the past week. The total retainer is $3850. I feel like I've given him enough to get things in motion and, hopefully, we will see some money from Smokey sooner than later...with the court's influence. Then, I can whittle down the rest of the atty fee.

Over all...I'm just so proud of us for making it through this week :-) filed for divorce one week ago, bought a car, moved, started new job. It's going to be challenging, but it already feels lighter than where I was at 6 months ago.

B
B
Truly amazing! to see where you are today. Wow smile

You should be so proud of yourself.

Can you imagine yourself 6 months from now?

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

job Offline
You've accomplished a lot in less than 2 weeks. I can just imagine how much the load has lifted off your shoulders. Since you've paid your lawyer again this week, I think he's got enough $$$ to get started on your divorce.

You can find some good deals on microwaves at KMart, Target and Walmart these days. You don't need a large microwave unless you are planning to cook something big in it. I think I saw one listed for around $89 last week at Target.

You are doing great. Tackle your furniture issues one at a time so that you aren't stressed out and have the money available to purchase what you need.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have WiFi!!!

PSA: I really appreciate all the support with this move. I haven't been able to vent/share all my experiences because of the internet issue...but, it's been so nice to come on and see you guys cheering me on from the peanut gallery. :-)

We are having issues with the internet service out here. But, I picked up a mobile device from Verizon that I can use for work too. Hopefully, this week the internet service guys will actually show up. For now, I have WiFi at home and I can take it with me to my office. We can't go crazy with the internet in terms of streaming TV/Movies...this is kinda nice. I started reading Harry Potter with D12.

Yesterday, we went and got our library cards. We love this little town. Learned the name of a homeschool mom who organizes a lot of activities. I need to find out her number. We also walked the downtown and went into some shops. We picked up a cheap DVD player to help with the internet lull.

D12 and I went to church today. The church is a beautiful old building. The congregation is smaller than I had hoped, but I think it will work nicely for getting our feet wet in the community. There are one or two other 12-year-old girls.

After, we went and washed the new car. I love that car.

Came home and took a killer nap. I think I could sleep for 24 hours straight. What's it like to sleep without feeling like you have to be/do/get something done for somebody?

This week, I get down to the business of actually writing this paper. The computer system the newspaper uses is a bit more complicated than I hoped...but, I will get it. I have a lot of support. I just hate asking for help all the time. I guess it's unavoidable right now. I've had a bit of writer's block. Funny, I've written hundreds and hundreds of articles. Writing this first one for my new job is tripping me up a bit. I know the only way is to just do it.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Just received a very long text from Smokey:

Hi, how did your first week go? How are the girls liking wherever you are? Didn't realize you were having a (garage) sale. Your mattress frames and a new mattress are in the barn--fed ex must have delivered them after you left. D12 must've never received her birthday card because the check was never cashed. You have an address for me to send the insurance cards, car and health? Have you mailed me the key yet? Hope the girls are doing well. Will you be coming back to get anything that's left here? I didn't know you were splitting so soon. Hope your job is going well.

Spinning a bit and I have to leave for work. Trying to get my head settled.

job Offline
Breathe and focus on your new job. It's going to be difficult, but you've got to put him on the back burner while you are working. It's important that you remain focused on your work so that you can get your article written.

You can respond back to him later, i.e., after work.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard