Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
K
kml Offline
K
Yippee! smile

B
B
GG - glad that at least one out of your six isn't a frog and you have a second date set up. Yes these multiple dates are a bit crazy. I wish I had a bit more clarity on my end - unfortunately I've still got 3 women who are very interesting in their own way and I really want to get to know all three a bit better.

Match 1 (aka Drop Dead Gorgeous Jan) popped back into the picture last night as well. She called and said that she knew I had family in and just wanted to give me time to be with them without interruption. She wants to get together on Friday - so for now she is back in the picture. Going out with Romy on Thursday and she also wants to do something on Saturday as well - see where this is going - another date busy week, but hopefully the picture will become clearer.

For now all three of them are interested in me (one very much more than the other two) and I haven't required hospitalization due to date exhaustion.

Enjoy the ride GG and I'll see you at the finish line! wink

BA

S
S
BA & GG: awesome! See - the advice to date more than one was good as you both could compare & increase Your chances of finding a good match. GG - Dave sounds really good for you - so nice you've got Date 2 lined up.

BA - I watch Bachelorette (cheesy, I know) but it really shows the thought process & chemistry (or lack thereof) between individuals. Right now she has fallen for one of the guys who is clearly not as into her as she is into him. Classic. & often others can see it when we can't.

I know it's exhausting but it's good to keep your options open in the early days (before sleeping with them) - you really can't tell everything on a first date. But it does sound like you have good options. How nice - enjoy!

Barb

B
B
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne
I know it's exhausting but it's good to keep your options open in the early days (before sleeping with them) - you really can't tell everything on a first date. But it does sound like you have good options. How nice - enjoy!

Barb

Barb - what happens if they all want to forgo their individual rooms and join me in the fantasy suite? wink

G
G
LOL BA,
But do we ever know what happens in the fantasy suite? :-)

I'm not putting all my golf balls in one hole...just yet. He's going to have to be the 'convincer' and I'm just planning on sitting back and watching. I do text back in a respectful amount of time with an appreciative and interested tone. No games for me, just being authentic. There are some other options and one guy who was at my college in Illinois the same time I was! Okay, that warrants a meeting just to share memories.

Have fun BA with little expectations. It's all a journey at this stage of the car race. See you with flags waving at the end of this all...

Thanks all for the wonderful comments and thoughts!

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
G
G
Being somewhat of a novice in the game, (compared to many of you), after speaking on the phone after emailing a couple of times, what would be considered a respectable time in returning a text? Just curious folks, thanks

m 54
XW 48
m 12
t 14
bomb 6-11
s 10-11
wife moved to other state 10-21-11
d 9-12

O GOD THY SEA IS SO GREAT AND MY BOAT IS SO SMALL!
R
R
Gunny I would say in the morning or before bed time. When she is closer to a bed. Maybe it's just me. Lol

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

W
W
Um, after you get it! I don't subscribe to the complications of waiting for this or that moment. If you want to reply then reply! Screw the head games, it just gets too silly.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
OP Offline
Gunny,

I'd say after work and let her know you don't text at work. LOL. That at least keeps the expectations in check?

Rick, I personally see bedtime texting as... intimate? Maybe if he doesn't want to be that transparent right off the bat?

GG, I would totally get together with someone who was from VA for the same reasons. Go for it!

You and BA certainly do get the prize for being game to get out there and do all of this. I'm in awe.

Sweet Stuff came over last night to "hang out" with me and watch the baseball game. We were planning on going for a walk, but it was still too hot at 9 so we opted for being couch potatoes. It was fun. I really like watching baseball with a former pitcher. I always try to learn stuff on my own, and it's much better having the real inside scoop.

He's going to go to church with me on Saturday afternoon (he's Catholic too) and then we're going to the movies. He got a gig as a secret shopper with a movie chain, so we're going to get him started with that. He has a list of things that he has to notice and report, and we have to order popcorn and soda at the refreshment stand. He's not one for junk food, so someone has to take it for the home team... I happen to love theater popcorn with a nutritionally disastrous diet coke. He's letting me choose the movie, and I think we're going to see Man of Steel or Despicable Me 2. Not sure what mood I'll be in. wink Then we'll probably go out for a late dinner or something.

I'm looking forward to it. This week is so busy that it's nice to have something to anticipate. D19 is working a bunch as well as dog/house sitting for a neighbor.

Speaking of D19, she wrote her close family members a really heart warming letter. She thanked us for our love and support and said she didn't want to go another day without telling us she loves us. My dad got choked up yesterday, and I'll admit that I had a tear in my eye too. Sometimes teenagers can be... surprising? And surprising in a great way? Just when you're sure they are the most self absorbed people on the planet, they go and let you know that they're really not. grin

I think I'll leave the fantasy suite to you guys. I was never one for Let's Make a Deal...

laugh Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
BA: call me Old Fashioned or just plain health conscious but that would be a deal breaker for me. If the guy I was developing a relationship with was sleeping with someone else. Now way!

When Josh & I reached that point (& remember - we had met online) - I told him I would not sleep with him if there was a chance we were not monogamous. He assured me there was no one else.

Besides the obvious (stds, heart break etc) - you run the risk of losing all of them. Most people want to be in monogamous relationships. At least where I come from.

Anyway - this is the fun time. And the deal breakers will likely soon become apparent. Then you can enjoy that Fantasy Suite for all it's worth!

Barb

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard