Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
B
B
Going out with MG3 (Romy) this afternoon for wine tasting and then dinner tonight. Really looking forward to this date. I haven't seen her in more than a week, but she has maintained frequent contact with daily texts and a 3 or 4 phone calls. It helps that she is excited to get together again as well! Wish me luck!!

BA

G
G
BA,

Have a great time and please let us know how it goes!

I had second lunch date yesterday with Dave and it was nice. He's very mellow (next to my firecracker) so I'm not certain about that. He was manipulated pretty badly by an ex a couple of years ago and seems guarded. I'm out in NC for a wedding this weekend and he knows I get back Sunday night. He doesn't seem to want to move things along too speedily; no texts or calls and he didn't pin down a day for another date. Not sure what that's all about and I can't say I've ever really had that. Don't know what to think? I mean, I think our lunch went okay....

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
W
W
Personally, I think if a guy is interested he's going to text or call to keep you thinking about him...even just to say he had a nice time. So the guarded sense you got from him may be ambivalence to re-involvement. Many people date but aren't always that committed to finding a relationship...but, who really knows.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
W
BA, how do you feel about her texting you daily and calling you three or four times in a week or so? It seems a little much to me but I'm not you!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
GG: I think opposites not only attract but can really compliment each other. And everyone is different. Just give it time. See what happens next. Let him miss you while you're gone. There are no rules - you have enjoyed both dates - so that's awesome!

I hate the uncertainty in the early days but that also adds to the charm in a way too.

I hope it continues to go well. See how he proceeds

Barb

B
B
Well I survived date number 2 with Romy, barely... Holy Hannah did she make it well known how much she likes and is attracted to me! Sorry if the following is TMI...

It literally took all the resolve I could muster to keep date 2 from becoming a full contact body sport (and I don't mean football at all.) We hit a couple of wineries first and then I had to run by my house to let my two dogs out before we continued on to dinner. What was to be a quick 5 minute stop turned into a fairly lengthy makeout session. Yes she is a good kisser, yes she is in great shape from her head to her toes, and yes she made it clear she wanted more than just kissing. blush
I admit that part of me wanted that as well, but heck it was just the second date and I am still seeing other women. So I successfully put off "the deed" for at least until the next date.

Tonight I am meeting drop dead gorgeous Jan after work. I am looking forward to seeing her - not only is she easy on the eyes but I really like her wit and sense of humor. Oh and thank goodness Lucy is out of state right now although we did have a very nice dinner date before she left. Funny that when it comes to being affectionate she is the exact opposite from Romy and Jan is smack dab in the middle of both of them.

Wii - as for the texting and phone calls. I don't mind it. The texts are mainly first thing in the morning and before she goes to bed at night. She always texts to ask if we can talk as well and just doesn't call out of the blue.

BA

S
S
Agree totally with Gineen. Although most men would find it hard to resist - you have to ask yourself if sheiks like that with every guy she meets. Hard to take seriously. Jan & Lucy's behavior is a little more reserved & that's good. It takes time for a R to grow. So - you have to ask yourself if sex is all that Romy is after. How long might a R last?

Just something to think about

Barb

G
G
Hmm...I too agree with Gineen and Barb.

Too physical too soon = no relationship in the long run. Been there, done that and it doesn't work. There's plenty of time for that down the road.

I don't know if it's just sex that Romy is after. I'm wondering if she thinks being physical will push her up a rung or two on the ladder?

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
B
B
It's an interesting question Gineen. Granted us guys like a good chase and with Romy there is little chase to be had. For me it is too soon to determine if I will be bored with it as I am still trying to determine if there is R potential with her. There's obvious physical attraction for me and we have some similar likes/interests. Aside from one very brief fling many, many years ago, I have never really been one to just have sex with someone - it has almost exclusively happened in an R. However maybe that's a 180 I should make. grin I think if there were not two other people I was currently dating this would be an easier situation to deal with as I would have less guilt and just enjoy some fun. If it evolved into an R then great and if it didn't then it would a "thanks for the memories."

I'm not convinced that it's just sex she is after as she seems genuinely interested in me. So with all that I have really no idea how this is going to end.

BA

S
S
Damn autocorrect indeed. My "sheiks" should have read "she acts" - its a wonder we can ever figure out what someone else is saying

Go easy. Rarely do people ever regret waiting a bit but often they regret not waiting. Especially when you are not exclusive. Like GG says - maybe she is pushing for exclusivity because sex often nails it. Take control of the situation & just enjoy the ride. Sex or no sex - I'm not good with people who push. In any way. I go with MY comfort level.

Barb

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard