Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
A dog! Brother you just traded in one ball and chain for another one. Please don't let it be a puppy, please don't let it be a puppy.....

Just playing with you man. What kind?

(Just FYI, I don't think of my W, or wives in general as a ball and chain. I sure wouldn't be killing myself to keep her if I did. Having a little fun, no intent to offend.)

M - 42
W- 37
S's - 9,6
M-12
T-14
FIL- diagnosed with fatal disease spring 2011
ILYBNILWY - march '12
FIL - died jan '13
W Moved out week later
J
JBolt Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Female AmStaff mix, a mutt really. She's about 2 years old, follows commands pretty well, and hasn't left my side since I picked her up yesterday afternoon. I'm going to have to go to work at some point!!! The kids are coming over tonight for 4 days (don't know about the dog yet!!) and tomorrow is their last day of school, so they will all be in great company after tomorrow.

Quote:
(Just FYI, I don't think of my W, or wives in general as a ball and chain. I sure wouldn't be killing myself to keep her if I did. Having a little fun, no intent to offend.)

I wasn't offended smile Reminds me of something really funny about STBXW (or not so funny I guess). I used to joke around a bit like this with her and she would reciprocate. Rarely said anything like ball-in-chain, but I used to joke that “she had ruined me for all other women"; usually in the context of someone or myself finding a starlet pretty or something along those lines. Then she would say “I better have…” It’s funny because it cuts both ways; that could be for good or bad. It of course had NEVER, EVER crossed my mind that she could take that any other way than good and certainly never acted like it.

Believe it or not (I know you will), she brought this up a few months ago as one of the examples of how I was disrespectful of her. It’s like being mad that someone stole your nose. It’s ridiculous. Anyway, it wasn’t long after that rather tedious and bizarre convo that I decided there was little hope of signals from earth reaching her. Sad really, she always laughed at that joke frown

Me42 W41
D10,D15
T25 M23
LYBNILWY 09/12
OEA 08/12(?)-ended? 01/13
Sep 01/13
I file 04/13
1rst D hearing 06/13
Currently in mediation
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard