Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
For those of you that do not have a FB account or have not "liked" Divorce Busting, here are a couple more status updates by MWD. If you do have a FB account, I'd highly suggest liking her page.

Originally Posted By: MWD
Holidays are often hard times for people experiencing marital problems or are newly divorced. Here are five quick tips for weathering the storm. 1- Make sure you have plans for yourself. No matter how down you might feel, stay busy. Be around people. Invite yourself if you have to! Just don't sit and feel sorry for yourself. 2-Focus on what you have rather than what you don't have. Example-You
might have the kids for Christmas Eve but not Christmas day. Cherish the time you do have together. 3-Some of the traditions you've had won't be possible anymore. Start some new and creative rituals to create new memories. 4- Allow yourself a predesignated time to feel grief or sadness. It's normal to feel this way. Notice the feelings, honor them and then get moving. 5-Remember, no matter how tough a time you might be having at the moment, "This too shall pass." Nothing lasts forever. Nothing. Envision yourself feeling whole and open to new possibilities with the start of a New Year. -Michele Weiner-Davis (via @Divorce Busting)

People often get frustrated and impatient when they're working on their relationships and progress seems slow to non-existent. Although I completely understand these feelings, I like to remind them of how long it took for the problems to develop and take hold. Instant solutions aren't realistic. So, if you feel like throwing in the towel because things aren't moving fast enough, consider yourself reminded about the importance of patience. Patience isn't a virtue, it's a necessity! Michele Weiner-Davis (via @Divorce Busting)

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
R
R
Hi LITB:

Just wanted to drop by and say hello!
Glad to see things have gotten better.

BITS
M 38
W 36
D 7
Married 15 yrs
W left for 6 months in 2009
W Filed for D 01/03/11
piecing now...
L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: mykarma
Hi LITB:

Just wanted to drop by and say hello!
Glad to see things have gotten better.

MyK,

Good to see you around. I was thinking about you recently.

According to your sig (piecing now), I am anxiously awaiting an update on your sitch.

3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
B
B
Thanks for the MWD posting updates. I have a Facebook page but never check it so its nice for you to repost here.

thks again

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey BM,

Ironically I was reading some of your sitch yesterday right before you posted to me.

I'm glad that posting MWD FB updates here is helpful. She is amazing.

Here's one of her updates from yesterday.

It amazes me how often people in my practice who want to divorce say that, while the divorce won't be great for the kids, it won't be very hard on them either. They assume that children are resilient and after an adjustment period, they will be happier with two happier parents. First of all, parents aren't always happier after divorce and secondly, research shows that even if a parent is happier, there doesn't seem to be a trickle down effect to the kids. I know that kids can and do rebound, but divorce almost always leaves its mark. To think otherwise is to be in denial. Do you agree? Michele Weiner-Davis (via @Divorce Busting)

3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I believe that laughter is good for the soul, so I am going to mix in a non-DB'ing post.

Originally Posted By: JF
When a woman asks you to guess how old she is, how you answer is like deciding whether to cut the yellow, red, or blue wire to diffuse a bomb.

3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard