Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
OP Offline
S
Happy Monday all -- hope you all had a great weekend !!

Ok I have questions if any of you can help I appreciate it !!

1) My wife LOVES autumn colors - since my son was born I send her a huge bouquet of flowers on the Wed before Thanksgiving - with the inscription - " Dear Mom - thanks etc etc. Do I send it this year ???

2) How do I deal with my anniversary on 11/30 - do I give her a card - we have seen all the twilight movies together on our anniversary ususally - do I ask her to go see it with me - I really think no pursuit is better right - but I don't know if I should just ignore the Anniversary.

Funny weekend - last night she was playing the "ask me and then contradict me game" the MLC's favorite word game.
This is where they ask you your opinion about something and then disagree with your idea. So last night she asked me what to do with the leftover EggPlant Parm I made - I said tinfoil it - she goes - are you crazy I can put it in a tupperware - I said I got a better idea - why don't you just put it in a tupperware - she said thanks I don't know what I would do without you (sarcastically) - I said back to her - Ohhh that is sooo nice to hear (sarcastically).

She cleaned her side of our room last night since my inlaws are coming on Wed - she cleared off everything she left our pictures and our wedding plate on her dresser I was sure she would toss them out - very weird chick !!! No expectations - no worries - like I said before - when you stop being afraid - you are free to become yourself again - yeah remember that PERSON she fell in love with - not a robot who bends to there commands --

Please give advice - I need it fast specially about the flowers on Thanksgiving Eve -

Sunny

If someone decides there is no goodness in you they won't be able to see it.
I'll take a BLT over a MLC anyday !!!

A
AJM Offline
A
Yep, I think she has her own issues crowding her head. I don't see this as much about what you've done, although there's room for improvement, as I do about her and her issues.

Am I missing something?

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: AJM
Yep, I think she has her own issues crowding her head. I don't see this as much about what you've done, although there's room for improvement, as I do about her and her issues.

Am I missing something?

AJ

No now I understand thanks I thought you were talking about something missing in me laugh

S
OP Offline
S
Oh AJ and thanks for your help !!!

T
T
Quote:
I said I got a better idea - why don't you just put it in a tupperware <<this is sarcasm- she said thanks I don't know what I would do without you (sarcastically) - I said back to her - Ohhh that is sooo nice to hear (sarcastically).

Hi Sunny ... from what you wrote, seems you started some sarcasm thing(see red above), at least that's how I would interpret it, but I know there is a different culture there in NYC than where I live, and maybe that's just regular everyday talk, so maybe I am wrong.

I would lose the sarcasm generated from your end (and I know its a tough habit to break, I am still working on that), sarcasm is really just veiled anger or annoyance and demeaning, imo.

I would just get her the card for now as I posted earlier. Less can be more.

And gotta watch that the "no fear" doesn't become a monster of it's own...find the middle path...its good to go and re-find your old real self, but, are there any improvements/changes/growing up that can be done there?? Just askin'...

smile

T^2

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: TSquared2
Quote:
I said I got a better idea - why don't you just put it in a tupperware <<this is sarcasm- she said thanks I don't know what I would do without you (sarcastically) - I said back to her - Ohhh that is sooo nice to hear (sarcastically).

Hi Sunny ... from what you wrote, seems you started some sarcasm thing(see red above), at least that's how I would interpret it, but I know there is a different culture there in NYC than where I live, and maybe that's just regular everyday talk, so maybe I am wrong.
I would lose the sarcasm generated from your end (and I know its a tough habit to break, I am still working on that), sarcasm is really just veiled anger or annoyance and demeaning, imo.
I would just get her the card for now as I posted earlier. Less can be more.
And gotta watch that the "no fear" doesn't become a monster of it's own...find the middle path...its good to go and re-find your old real self, but, are there any improvements/changes/growing up that can be done there?? Just askin'...
smile
T^2

I will you know I am so fed up sometimes I wanna spit - still keep thinking about the toys too - I know she used them today cuz she left them on the bed - Uggg - the rejection just eats me up - and then there is Mr. Next Door - I am sorry I am so down tonight - thanks T2

S
OP Offline
S
Hey T2 - if I got her a card what would I write in it ?? Also isn't this a violation of the 37 rules ??

Any other opinions on a anniversary card ??

T
T
If the card is not too mushy and trying win her over, a card like you would get for a family members anniversary, then I don't think it would violate the rules. You are just acknowledging a fact. Just sign it "Love, Sunny"

T^2

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: TSquared2
If the card is not too mushy and trying win her over, a card like you would get for a family members anniversary, then I don't think it would violate the rules. You are just acknowledging a fact. Just sign it "Love, Sunny"

T^2

Hey Sunny is my code name I will look at some - I don't want to flip the pursuit thing to much the other way - we actually watched tv together 2 nights in a row and we laughed - not might sound like much - but it's huge to me.

I am sooooo swamped at work - God is soo good !!!

T
T
Hey Sunny,

I had my 10 year anniversary back in June among all this madness.

Just a suggestion... Maybe get her a non-mushy card and leave it somewhere for her to open in private. This way, no pressure on her to say or act a certain way. She can just read your card and think about it on her own.

Good luck!

Bomb January 2012 - doesn't feel the same about me

~ "There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance."
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard