Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: labug
You are so much farther along than even 6 months ago. You see that don't you?

I don't feel like it. The last time we had a R conversation I bounced back pretty fast. This time some of my own stuff came up and it has me floundering again. I know I'll work through it, but I'm having a hard time right now.

Originally Posted By: labug
I think your H, like most of the spouses here has his own stuff he's sifting through, trying to make sense of.

Will he figure it out? Who knows?

Is it worth waiting longer to see?
Only you know that.

That's the million dollar question. I once thought I wasn't going to wait 4 months, and now here I am 8 months in. I thought there was some progress (in the M - I know I've made my own progress), but there really wasn't in all that time. I'm wondering what more time would do that 8 months hasn't.

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
L
L
I get it but back in Jan-Feb you would have been all over the place, now you're not so reactive. That's great progress.

Wait for your mojo to come back and see where you are.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
OP Offline
R
And the saga continues. I got the following "apology" FB message from OW today:

Good morning..

This isn't message to get you all upset..nor is this a public service announcement. however, because of who I am you deserve an apology from me, even though your issue with me isn't because of me. So I sincerely apologize for any ill feelings or thoughts that you have about me. That is all have a good day.

I have already been advised by friends not to respond, although its taking everything in me not to. I also haven't told my H, and probably won't.

Is she crazy or what?

Happy and loving life.
N
N
OMG.... that is the craziest apology I have ever read! I don't even know what to say..

She is apologizing for you having ill feelings or thoughts about her.. and that your issue w/ her isn't about her... WTH?

I do not think it is possible to respond to as it does not make any sense.

although i am sure that it isn't a public service announcement bc they tend to make sense.

you can't make this stuff up... CRAZY.

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
R
OP Offline
R
Tell me about it ng. I think she really believes she is the "wronged" one here. I think she said the public service announcement thing because she didn't want me to post about it on Twitter or FB. She of course would be embarrassed about it. I'll have my say soon enough. I'm going to chill...for now.

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
I spent some time last night thinking about the purpose of OW's message to me. The Christian side of me wants to believe that she is trying to get her own life right and really meant it. The human side of me thinks this is a part of her game and envisions doing things I shouldn't put in writing.

I woke up this morning still fuming thinking about the nerve of her to send me that message. I won't respond, but this is some crazy ish! I think she really might be nuts!

Happy and loving life.
L
L
Don't give her any more of your mental real estate.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
N
N
yes that is some crazy sh*** but it is also an opportunity for you to showcase to yourself and the world the grace and strength you possess. use it to be strong and proud of yourself. (((((((( )))))))))

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
R
OP Offline
R
You guys are right. I need to stop thinking about it. I am better than all this. Time to move on...

Happy and loving life.
N
N
Interesting...I agree you should waste too much time on it or respond.

Optimistically, she might be apologizing for the affair...and hopefully that means its in the past. Or, she's trying to get under your skin because it isn't going well. But, I wouldn't analyze it more than you have.

Are you going to show the note to H? I probably would if it was me...I'd want to see his reaction and also show him what she said. I'd be nice about it and simply show it to him...but maybe that's too hard to do and if you are making progress with him maybe it isn't worth any risk. I just think putting it out in the open might help.

Hang in there...you are creating your own path and one where you won't have any regrets over not trying!

M 44, H 46
D11, D9, D5
Married 12 years
PA confirmed 9/2011
I filed 3/2012
H moved out 7/2012
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard