Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
OP Offline
R
We had a great time at the movie, although I am basically asleep on my feet today. H told me a couple of times that he appreciated me coming with him. I told him I had fun.

My plan to hang out with some friends this weekend isn't going to happen. My car keeps running hot every time I run the A/C so I may have to take it to the shop tomorrow. Can't be stranded on I-95 alone.

H and I are also supposed to go to this birthday dinner with a couple from our old church. I asked H about it a couple of weeks ago, and he didn't say yes or no. So I assumed (silly me) that the answer was no, and made my travel plans. He tells me Wednesday night that he would like to go. Gotta love the last minute thing! UGH!

Anyway, we haven't hung out with this couple since February, shortly after the BD. We had a Valentine's Day dinner with them and another couple. Luckily that's when I was sick with that virus, and could blame my demeanor on that. H was also the one who decided we were going to that dinner. It makes me really wonder how he feels about pretending things are normal.

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
My funny story for today from the rollercoaster:

I'm talking to H earlier today, and we are talking about what to get for dinner. We were going back and forth and then out of the blue he says, "I know I'm trying to find a good movie to watch tonight."

Huh? Is that an invitation? LOL This dude...

Happy and loving life.
S
S
So did you end up getting an official invite or did you end up watching a movie together?

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
R
R
RoRo, I'm sorry but I had to laugh about the thing with the Valentines Day dinner and you having the virus! Must've been really tough times for you.

So you joined the forum like a month before that and were getting a little bit of the hang of what to do and what not to do?

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
Z
zig Offline
Z
hi RoRo - just catching up on your thread and stopping by to say hello

i also want to say thank you again. for your support. it was very kind of you.
i wish i had your sort of strength in standing up to people - i've always been good at standing up for other people, but not very good at standing up for myself in the correct ways

you sound like you are doing well - i'm glad to see that

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

C
C
Hey Ro, so did you watch a movie together? How was the dinner with the couple from church?

Hope you have a great weekend!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: sayitaintso
So did you end up getting an official invite or did you end up watching a movie together?

Originally Posted By: ces67
Hey Ro, so did you watch a movie together? How was the dinner with the couple from church?

Hope you have a great weekend!

Hi guys! Of course I didn't get an official invitation. That would be too much like right. He didn't see any movies he liked, so we ended up watching a few episodes of Newsroom (Sundays on HBO...it's great!). We kind of just hung out, and I went to bed because I was tired. So tired that I didn't even hear him come to bed last night. I woke up this morning like where did he come from? LOL

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: reachingHigher
RoRo, I'm sorry but I had to laugh about the thing with the Valentines Day dinner and you having the virus! Must've been really tough times for you.

So you joined the forum like a month before that and were getting a little bit of the hang of what to do and what not to do?

Basically. I totally was NOT getting the hang of it. LOL I could barely hold my head up at the dinner, and not just because of the virus. But I found some great friends who've been my life line through this...they taught me how to STFU and enjoy the here and now.

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: zig
hi RoRo - just catching up on your thread and stopping by to say hello

i also want to say thank you again. for your support. it was very kind of you.
i wish i had your sort of strength in standing up to people - i've always been good at standing up for other people, but not very good at standing up for myself in the correct ways

you sound like you are doing well - i'm glad to see that

zig

Hey Zig! No thanks needed. I'm actually learning NOT to stand up to people. Sometimes I go to far, so I've been trying to chill out. But I couldn't just let that slide. LOL

You're doing great and finding out so much about yourself. Keep it up!

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
Stole this from veroprado's thread for my own inner discussion. LOL
Originally Posted By: veroprado
LITB- well....
I was very nervous/uncomfortable. It felt like the first time I met his friends/family, odd? At one point I told H I felt uncomfortable and he asked if someone did or said something. I said no. Then he said, it's all in your head. Sit by the pool with the rest of us and have a good time.

H and I went to a friend's retirement party on Saturday. I am friends with the retiree's wife. H mentioned in the car on the way home that he felt like my friend was treating him differently...like she could take or leave him being there. I asked if she had said anything to him. He said no, it was just a feeling he had. And he was adamant about me not saying anything to her.

So based on what vero said, I'm wondering if he suspected I had told her something and he felt the way he did because he "expected" her to treat him differently. I have told the friend that we were having problems, but did not give many details. But he doesn't even know I told that. I didn't notice her acting funny if she was. But then again, I was too busy having a good time.

I know there's nothing I could have done to make him feel better. But being that I discounted his feelings so much in the past, and he's told me he felt I was acting the same way at one point, I would like to try to understand what he was feeling, if I can. Maybe it will help point out something I am not aware of in our interactions. *shrug*

I had a great time at the party. Of course it helped that I looked HOT! H even told me on Sunday that I was working it Saturday night! ;-)

Happy and loving life.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard