Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
S
Originally Posted By: RoRoinMD
My problem is I become lazy once I get home.

I totally get that ^^^^ It takes a lot of discipline to work out at home regularly.

OCD in me had to fix that wink

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
R
R
Funny about having the whole bed to yourself! If ONLY I didn't have the whole bed to myself!

I'd even welcome back the snoring. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe the quiet really is nice. Lol!!

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
Z
zig Offline
Z
i'm laughing at that - i HATED the snoring - i would actually lay there fuming about it.

now of course - it's been so long - i'm not sure i'd welcome it back.

i've slept so well since h left and since i had a sleep disorder, that is a significant statement for me!!

now about the bed to myself - that i'd definitely like to change - and i don't mean s falling asleep there at the end of a movie late at night either!!! haha

RoRo - maybe if you don't think of it asa big long workout, but just do simple stretches for 5 minutes at a time - then your body will start to ask for more, and you won't see it as something that you should do, but more something that you want to do and then it gets easy to take the time to do it.

and yes there is standing yoga.

also - if you haven't done it before - it's better to start with a teacher. because you'll get it right. there are many small things they don't tell you on the videos that you should be doing so you don't hurt your wrists and knees

hope you're feeling better today

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

L
L
And there is yoga for back care. As zig says, do as much or as little as you want (I know, this is difficult for people like us who must set a goal and achieve it, or else). If you feel like doing 5 minutes, do 5 if you feel like doing 8 minutes, that's fine, too.

Quote:
i'm laughing at that - i HATED the snoring - i would actually lay there fuming about it.
Me, too!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
OP Offline
R
I hated the snoring too, but since the bomb drop I've made an effort to not complain about it. And guess what? I get the best sleep (most days) now. Not sure if I switched something in my brain or not, but I barely even hear it now. Is that good or bad? LOL

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
Z
zig Offline
Z
i would say it's good!

the more we can detach from things and not have a reaction to them that's weighted - the more we are grounded in ourselves and okay where we are, i think. and that even includes things like snoring.

only now, i see what the real effects of laying there fuming really were. so for hours, i lay there feeling more and more resentful with my perceived thoughts of how h was disturbing my sleep and did not care that he was doing that. can't imagine what state i was in by the morning with all that resentment sub-consciously piled up. and then i can't help wondering how that resentment affected my interactions through the day.

so if you've managed not to have that as an issue, i think that's really great.

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: zig
i would say it's good!

the more we can detach from things and not have a reaction to them that's weighted - the more we are grounded in ourselves and okay where we are, i think. and that even includes things like snoring.

only now, i see what the real effects of laying there fuming really were. so for hours, i lay there feeling more and more resentful with my perceived thoughts of how h was disturbing my sleep and did not care that he was doing that. can't imagine what state i was in by the morning with all that resentment sub-consciously piled up. and then i can't help wondering how that resentment affected my interactions through the day.

so if you've managed not to have that as an issue, i think that's really great.

I can totally relate to having resentment over this. And I know it colored our interactions. But I can only learn from it, and move on. I know he's noticed I don't say anything about him snoring anymore, because I don't constantly wake him up in the middle of the night. Of course, he's not going to say anything about it. LOL

Happy and loving life.
F
F
plus...they aren't snoring on purpose!!!

smile

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: figgeroni
plus...they aren't snoring on purpose!!!

smile

Fig, I think we all KNEW that, but didn't really care. LOL It did seem like a personal offense to me. Now, it's whatever. I need to use my time sleeping so I can look hot the next day. LOL

Happy and loving life.
Z
zig Offline
Z
ha ha!! you do need to look hot the next day -we all do!!

so here's what bothered me - h as well as his father have unusually abnormal breathing patterns. it wasn't just the snoring - he practically stopped breathing, and it worried me no end. he wouldn't go in to get it checked out. i would often have to shake him to get him breathing again

the stupid thing is that his father would snore so bad that h would complain about it and when i would try to say that he was the same he would get really scornful.

then finally his dad found some device that hooked over his nose and the whole house was quiet!! mil finally got to have a full nights' sleep.

h on the other hand wouldn't even consider trying it - he just got mad at me and said there was no way in hell he was going to even look into it. the way i took it was - you don't care about me enough to even try it out!!

i know - pathetic. on top of it, he resented it that i would eventually leave the room - like at 4 in the morning and go sleep in another part of the house just to get some sleep. he ridiculed me when i couldn't wake up in the morning because i had been up until 4 or 5 unable to sleep because of the sound as well as worrying that he would stop breathing

so yeah - he wasn't doing it on purpose - but he was deliberately refusing to do anything about it!!

how does one work around that, i wonder!!!!

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard