Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
V
V
Yoga is great! It's all about what you can do in the moment and not about pressuring yourself to do more - you accept what your body is capable of that day and that is good enough for that day. Self-forgiveness and acceptance... just like DB'ing wink

Sorry to hear about your back - is it muscular? Maybe some flexeril might help acute attacks?

S
S
i do yoga, too! i love it! i am stretching and strengthing and it's relaxing, too. i highly recommend it!

M:63
H:53
S:41, SS:28, SS:25, SD:23
M:15
T:16

Bomb:12/17/11, "I think we should go our separate ways."
H moves to his mother's house, 4/1/12
12/21/12: H moves back home, piecing

R
OP Offline
R
I've been thinking about doing yoga or barre exercises, but both just seem so expensive to me. I'm still looking into it. Hopefully I can find somewhere that won't cost my who paycheck to join. I need to do something to stay in some kind of shape. (Not that I'm in good shape now, but better than I was before the bomb drop)

Flexeril is the only thing saving my life right now. I try not to take it every day as I don't have a refill for it, but I've had to take it almost every night this week. :-(

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
H had told me earlier in the week that he wanted some seafood and would cook dinner on Thursday. We talked yesterday around 4pm, and I ask him what he decided to cook for dinner. He was like What? He had completely forgot that he had said he would cook. Before, I would have been upset, mad, disappointed, you name it. This time I just laughed. He said he'd figure out dinner. I told him whatever he wanted was fine. He ended up going for pizza and wings. He drove 15 mins out of the way to get the wings from this place we both like. He also went and got this particular juice that I like.

It trips me out that for someone who wants to leave so bad, he's doing all of this stuff. Things he used to do when we were dating, but wasn't doing BEFORE the bomb drop. I know I should just be enjoying the moment, but there's sometimes this question in the back of my mind: Why is he doing it? To soften the blow of something coming? I'm working on just living in the moment and letting that be enough. It's hard though.

I had PT this morning, then went back home to change and say goodbye to H. I am feeling a little anxiety about whether he will see OW this weekend, but I'm not sure if it's true anxiety or if I just feel like I "should" be anxious. Does that even make sense? I did ask him if he was going to this other city nearby(the city where we met and went to school). It's also where he used to tell me he was going to see his friends, when I believe he was actually with OW some of the time. But I digress...

My back is feeling a lot better after PT this morning. I'm looking forward to going home after work and getting some sleep. I didn't really rest well last night because of my back, and having the whole bed to myself will be GREAT. LOL

Happy and loving life.
V
V
maybe check groupon or living social - sometimes you can get a yoga class card for cheap on there! smile

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: verab754
maybe check groupon or living social - sometimes you can get a yoga class card for cheap on there! smile

I did this once before. I need to look again. Thanks for the reminder!

Happy and loving life.
Z
zig Offline
Z
i pay about $10 a class - check out your local co-ops and health food store and ask them there.

alternative medicine doc offices sometimes have individual yoga instructors leaving their info there

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

S
S
I've done yoga before but I'm not really into it. Anyhow, u can get dvd's pretty cheap and can do them at your house. If you want to be even more frugal you can youtube yoga workouts and do them at your house.

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: sayitaintso
I've done yoga before but I'm not really into it. Anyhow, u can get dvd's pretty cheap and can do them at your house. If you want to be even more frugal you can youtube yoga workouts and do them at your house.

Thanks SIAS! I didn't like it at first either, but it helped with my soreness from kickboxing so I used to do it at least once a week.

I did think about that. My problem is I become lazy once I get home. That's why I always worked out right after work. I had to pass the gym to go home. I have WAY to many workout DVDs that I don't use. LOL Maybe if I could find a beginner one that went REALLY slow.

Why don't they do standing yoga? LOL

Happy and loving life.
S
S
[quote=RoRoinMD My problem is I become lazy once I get home. [/quote]

I totally get that ^^^^ It takes a lot of discipline to work out at home regularly.

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard