Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: figgeroni
What about doing something for him for cleaning out the storage rooms...or asking if he wants help...

is this something you could do together (like memory lane kind of stuff??)

or show appreciation for having him clean it out, like make him his favorite dessert or a picnic supper or maybe something you used to do when you were dating (favorite spot to eat out or something)

Fig, I have been thinking about this. We could probably clean the 2nd bedroom together. But I don't want him to think it's because I'm checking up on him or making sure he does it "my" way. This used to be a thing with me, so I'll have to think about this some more.

I like the idea of doing something for him to show my appreciation. He had cleaned the living room (I mean REALLY cleaned it) when I got home yesterday. I did not expect that. I told him he's a cleaning machine. He said it needed to be done and he was here so he thought he might as do it. I just said ok, and that I appreciated it.

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
I was supposed to have lunch with H today, but his PT appointment ended up taking longer than he expected, so we can't do it today. If I'm honest, I will say I am disappointed, but it is what is, and I'm moving on. Not meeting up with him will give me a chance to run some errands I need to run anyway, so it works out.

I came home yesterday, and he pulled up not to long after me. I was on the opposite side of our condo building, so he stopped in the middle of the street to wave hello to me, then waited for me to get to the door before he went in. I thought it was a nice gesture and told him so.

H is going out of town tomorrow night for his music stuff. He was almost giddy when I got home telling me about it. He's been waiting to get studio time and finally got the call from his friend. So he went to pick up dinner for us to celebrate. We talked a bunch about the music stuff and I told him I was glad he was finally getting into the studio to put some tracks down.

I did ask him who was going to also be there. He'll be in NC, only about an hour and change away from OW. He listed the friends who would be coming through and I asked him if they were all staying with his friend. He said probably not, but he was. He said it in a definite kind of way. Strange. I almost asked him if he planned to see OW while he was down there, but I held off and one of my friends talked me off that ledge last night. LOL If he does, there's nothing I can do about it. But I do plan on having a good time myself this weekend.

He told me again last night that I should do a spa day or something for myself. I told him I might just do that this weekend, but had to see how much extra money I would have left. He said he got paid today and could put something towards helping me. I said thank you and I'd let him know what I wanted to do.

I went to bed early last night because my back was hurting. After his shower, he came into the bedroom and asked me if I needed anything. I said no, I was fine. He then came over to the bed and kissed me. (This is the second time this week he's done that)

I know not to get too excited about any of this. I realized something this morning. While I am enjoying the time we are spending together and the hugs, kisses, and ILYs, I'm not waiting for it like I used to. Feels strange, but good.

Happy and loving life.
R
OP Offline
R
One other thing...

Both H and I love anything related to music. So we've gone to a lot of concerts. Normally I ask him if he wants to go. He says yes, and I buy the tickets. Two of our favorite artists are coming to the area next month. One hasn't been on tour in like 10 years.

H tells me last night about the concert. I tell him I know. I already got the early bird ticket invitation. LOL Then I notice he's giving me this look like, you I want to go to this concert, but you're not asking me to about it. I give him a look like I know you want to go to the concert, but I'm not asking you to go. LOL

It was too funny to me. I am going to go to the concert, if I have to go alone. I considered asking him, but haven't decided yet.

Happy and loving life.
B
B
That is a funny moment. Interesting how they want to deny that we share common interests. Maybe he will invite you? You never know - give him time.

Enjoy the kisses. Enjoy every minute of it. I dont get kisses but my H does bring me coffee so I just enjoy that

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks BK. It's going to snow in August if he orders tickets and invites me to that concert. LOL He almost never plans events for us. He used to, but hasn't in a very long time.

Happy and loving life.
Z
zig Offline
Z
well just imagine him doing it - might surprise. otherwise go with a friend.

you're sounding good roro - and nice reaction from you with the kisses

hope you're well
zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

R
OP Offline
R
Hey zig! I'm trying.

Ended up getting two invitations for the weekend - for lunch with a friend and her kids (she's a LBS too), and on a dinner cruise for another friend's daughter's 16 birthday. If my back holds up, I should stay busy enough and not have time to wonder what H is doing.

Happy and loving life.
Z
zig Offline
Z
good for you. i got invited by a friend to go out tomorrow, also. really looking forward to it.

what's up with your back? i notice you mention it pretty often -

hope your back holds up - because you need those outings to keep you in a good place.

have fun
zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

R
OP Offline
R
I hurt my back in April being clumsy and its been giving me a fit ever since. I'm in physical therapy for it now. The pain can go from a dull ache to searing pain in a matter of minutes. It [censored] because I can't work out like I want to. Pretty much by the time I get home its all I can do to make it to the couch.

Happy and loving life.
Z
zig Offline
Z
oh gosh, i know that feeling!

can you make it to a yoga mat?

no seriously - when s was about 8 months old i fell down a full flight of stairs hitting the bottom step with my spine, as i had curled up my body to protect him. i couldn't stand up straight! a few weeks later a friend suggested yoga - and three months later i didn't have any pain.

when i first started i could barely do anything - and the teacher told me to just do what i could. it was crazy but week by week i could do more and more and then by the second month i was almost able to do everything. those yoga teachers are amazing at figuring out which of the stretches help the fastest.

hope you do feel rested up and in good shape for your weekend fun.

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard