Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well, surprised to get a text from W regarding letter.

"Thank you for the letter. It will take time to process but I am happy for you. I am also deeply heartbroken. Maybe the letter will help me heal."

I replied "Thank you for taking the time to read it. I meant every word. I am heartbroken as well and deeply sorry for all that I've done."

She followed up with "I'll never understand why me leaving was the only thing that worked."

Well, I surely have an answer for that. Want to tell her that with the vector and heading I was on, nothing short of something this jarring and disruptive would have gotten my attention. I know that for a fact.

I know this hasn't changed anything. But at least she knows what is in my head and heart now. She didn't yell or recoil in horror, so I will call it a "decent" Idea.

Crimson

L
L
Perhaps the seed was planted...

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
G
G
Good luck tomorrow - hang in there!

Me: 44
Bomb: 11/27/11
Divorced:6/12
Life goes on: 6/13

Dogs still like bacon...a lot.
C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Maybe a little seed, LA. I didn't respond to her text about why it took her leaving. I'll just let it go.

what??

hello!???

that was the best response to the letter you could have realistically hoped for...

I say ---YAY!!!

As for replying to her last comment...let's ponder

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I know, 25. I am not looking past that point at all. If I am being honest, I guess I don't fully understand her reply. Regardless, I think it went well.

Regarding pondering.....let's. Like I said, I think I know the answer to that question.

Crimson

C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
....I mean, heal from what? My actions? Filing for D? And what does "heal" mean? Move on and be free from M once and for all? Listen, I know I shouldn't read this much into it and I'm trying to keep my brain in check, but now I have questions.

S
S
Quote:
"I'll never understand why me leaving was the only thing that worked."

Hummmm......so hard to know what tone she was using when she sent this, but based on the other statements, I tend to think she said it with sorrow and frustration. At the same time, it seems she sees that it "worked". That's better than her seeing that you'll never change....even if she leaves. So, perhaps the letter, plus timing, plus your hard work has planted a seed. I believe timing is everything.

Emotions and doubt will be tugging very hard on her heart as the time approaches for court. Don't shut her out. Stay open. Look at her. If she's looks your way....don't turn away. Look into her eyes as if you are looking into her soul. Let your eyes do the talking.

Her lawyer may try to keep her separated from you when arriving to the courthouse. But if the two of you should meetin the hall or at the doors.....just wait and give her time, in case she says somethin. IOW, don't turn away. I'm not saying you are to start crying or begging or anything like that. I'm just saying to be open to her in case her eyes are searching yours, and let your face tell her what she wants to know.

Just remember, there is nothing that can happen this day that you and God can't handle

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
C
C
Thinking of you to day Crimson! Good luck. You are in my prayers....

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
L
L
He Dude, thinking about you today! Be strong.

They can't eat you!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard