C
Originally Posted By: Missherlove
All this innuendo on my thread.....

I think I am entitled to a clue....

52 states... or the number of cards in a deck…take your pick

spray bubbles.... are not to be used for hairspray

hanging chads.... =

florida math......

states vs. commonwealths..... States are what we have in the United States, except Virginia, which seems to think it is a Commonwealth. Which explains a lot...

The rest, I just don’t have the answers for you so I guess we are both a bit confused LOL.

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
J
J
Quote:

What sappy the universe is a happy place book have you been reading?

Entitled...ppfpt.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

M
MHL Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Quote:

What sappy the universe is a happy place book have you been reading?

Entitled...ppfpt.

Entitlement is in the MLC playbook.....right????

Originally Posted By: missherlove
confusion = MLC = Missher?????

Equation correction....

Missher = Confusion = MLC = Entitlement

I think I will take a large order of Entitlement with a side of External validation and little Narcissism to wash it all down...LOL.

Formerly "missherlove"

Me49 XW49
M17 T19
S16 D20

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

~Jim Morrison
P
PEI Offline
P
Originally Posted By: missherlove
Equation correction....

Missher = Confusion = MLC = Entitlement

I think I will take a large order of Entitlement with a side of External validation and little Narcissism to wash it all down...LOL.

Dude, grabe me an order ... I'll be right down ...

LMAO ...
You sound good buddy ...
Peace
PEI

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
M
MHL Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I cried about the end of my marriage for the first time today in months. It did not last long and I know that it will not be the last time, like many other things I have come to accept it and allow myself to fully experience the emotions I am feeling, that is the person I have become......

One that is not afraid to say, "I have feelings and I experience those feelings fully.....no matter what they are."

Today my marriage of 17 years ended quietly at 9:50 am in a courtroom in front of 40 strangers I did not know. There was no emotion in the moment, I sat there on the stand and answered the judge's questions about the mundane facts of my marriage and separation, as my wife of almost 18 years looked on from the table.

When were you married?
May 1, 1993

When were you separated?
August 25, 2009

Have you remained separated the entire time?
yes

Are there any children from the marriage?
yes, 2

Are there any unresolved issues?
no

And with that the marriage was over.

I never looked at my W in the face and when we left the courtroom I went in an opposite direction, no good bye, no see you later......nothing.

I am purposely keeping my distance....for me.

I immediately felt anger towards her but it did not burn, it was more of a "disappointing anger", I looked back at the past and all that was lost and/or wasted and that is when the anger started to fade into sadness. As I got into the car I broke down into tears.....I did not hold them back and they left me after a short time.

I know the memories of my marriage are not lost or wasted but that is what you think about in the moment. After thinking about it the sadness comes from knowing that the relationship that was built around those memories is over......a building that is left unfinished not necessarily torn down but rather just stopped......permanently.

I am processing many feelings right now and I am going to take a while to let myself move through these emotions fully. I am reflecting on my life and how this marriage will fit into it as a whole.

My life is not and was not my marriage......it takes a long time to realize that........a real loooonnnnngggg time. Now that it is over, my marriage is another event in my life, just like childhood, highschool, college, work, children, etc. they all are part of my life but no one thing, no one event and no one person makes up MY LIFE.

My Life is moving forward and I take with me the experiences of my life and those people that were and are in it with me.....they are all a part of what makes my life a GOOD LIFE.

I have to come back to and remember that no matter what happens.....

Life is Good, and it is Good to be Alive.

I will be back but may take a little while to work on ME a little. This place and the people that come here are nothing short of amazing, I hope that by sharing my experience and journey that others may benefit.

I remember posting early on that I hoped that one day I would be a success story.....

Well, my marriage did not turn out the way I wanted it to but I definitely can say......

My Story is a Success.

Cheers

~Chris

Formerly "missherlove"

Me49 XW49
M17 T19
S16 D20

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

~Jim Morrison
J
J
You are a success Miss, now go and start a new successful thread. : )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

I
I
MHL -
Working through the same things over the past couple of days. Avoiding a trial (hopefully). I didn't want to sign because I don't believe in divorce - but my lawyer added the following language to the agreement:

Respondent does not feel marriage was "irretrievably broken."
Respondent does not believe in divorce and does not want a divorce.
Respondent understands state law and that petitioner will be granted the divorce regardless of Respondent's position.
Respondent was committed and faithful to petitioner and to the family and marriage.

With that language, that I reviewed with my children, I will sign the dissolution settlement documents and end 25 years of marriage and 29 years of togetherness. From age 18 to 47, I have loved this man and tried with everything I have to give him happiness, love, contentment, support, kindness. It is over.

I am very sorry for your circumstances today - however I RESPECT so much your values, beliefs, and grace. May the upcoming days bring you peace.

M-48/XH-48 M=25/T=28 years
Ds-24,22/S-18
D - 3/11
A Day at a Time
D
D
Sorry Jack, just had to comment to Missher.

Miss, I am sorr, sweetie. I know how difficult today was.

I do not have to tell you that you are a success story. You know you are.

But I wanted to tell you that you are a wonderful, compassionate, strong man.

One with many days ahead to build into whatever you want them to be.

Take some time to process it all.

Then, start a bucket list. Put all kinds of things on it - places to go, goals, hopes.

And start begin your life anew. Fill it with new memories, new friendships.

I wish for you many days filled with happiness and laughter. I wish that you remember how far you have come and how much more you have to give.

Keep in keepin' on, my friend.

T
T
Originally Posted By: Missher
I am processing many feelings right now and I am going to take a while to let myself move through these emotions fully. I am reflecting on my life and how this marriage will fit into it as a whole.

Do yourself a favor Missher.

Let yourself feel all this.

Do not let yourself fall into distraction of processing all this.

I am proud of you.

And proud to have walked this with you.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
C
C
Booklyn,

I haven't seen so many typos since I read Jack's last post.... wink

Your eyes, must have looked like mine after reading this...

All girly...

Missher,

You will do well. You are NOT the same Missher that came here oh so long ago...

Him, I wanted to smack (wait I think I did once or twice shocked )

You, my hat is off to you...

Take that next step...

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard