Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 25 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 24 25
P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Not sure if it's win-win, but with either outcome I know I'll be fine. It's just that I'd prefer one outcome over the other...

P
P
Originally Posted By: pinhead
Not sure if it's win-win, but with either outcome I know I'll be fine. It's just that I'd prefer one outcome over the other...

So what's the matter. Your heart tells you one thing and your brain another?

Enjoy the Silence
P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: pookie69
Originally Posted By: pinhead

So what's the matter. Your heart tells you one thing and your brain another?

Not so much a conflict between heart/head, so much as just a ton of extraneous information, a ton of ambiguous information, just a lot of stuff to sift through. Knowing what is wheat, and what is chaff.

For example, I know I could get her to go to Retro. That would be leading, and she'd go, just to live up to her promise to do anything. But we all know there's a world of difference from her being focused on starting a new relationship with me and her doing what she thinks will keep me around.

G
G
Quote:
Your heart tells you one thing and your brain another?

Had a wise friend tell me (my W actually) this a few months back:
Your heart doesn't have a brain. Don't make decisions with your heart (Feelings, emotions, etc)

M39 W41
Two children
WAW bomb dropped 11/7/09
Piecing Aug 10 - Nov 10
No longer piecing...Nov 10
Separation Jan 11
EA ends again Feb 11
Piecing attempt #2, Mar 11
C
C
Quote:
For example, I know I could get her to go to Retro. That would be leading, and she'd go, just to live up to her promise to do anything. But we all know there's a world of difference from her being focused on starting a new relationship with me and her doing what she thinks will keep me around.

The old mind reading for the spouse trick, second time I fell for it this month.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
P
Originally Posted By: gutwrenching
Quote:

Your heart doesn't have a brain. Don't make decisions with your heart (Feelings, emotions, etc)

Goes along with what Winston Churchill said.

cool

Enjoy the Silence
P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: gutwrenching
Quote:

I don't think you can ignore your heart and feelings though. Otherwise it's a no brainer for me to stay. Better finances, more access/time with my daughters, and companionship with my wife.

P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:

The old mind reading for the spouse trick, second time I fell for it this month.

Guilty as charged. So if she goes, be happy she's going? Go with a smile?

C
C
What's your goal? How will get there? What do you need to do?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Goal: reconcile with W
How: Become attractive to her

Either win her over with my sheer sex appeal and charm, or make her feel that she's lost me.

And I know that this question is mindreading at its worst, but what if I dump her, and though she might have been all in as best as she could, she gives up on us because I've walked?

Page 9 of 25 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 24 25

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard